• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Wolfman21

On one hand I want every single one of those hats.

On the other hand, its part of the Astros organization.

So...fuck

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I haven't been to any games, even though Sugar Land is a neighboring city to me. But I liked the Skeeters name. I do like the SL logo and uniforms, doe.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
index.php

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
A big thanks to the Astros (and now Orioles now via ex-Astros exec) who brought super tanking to MLB and led to the draft lottery. How are these clowns going to ruin baseball next?

Nats kinda did it first but since they didn’t get any credit for it they don’t get blame either

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I remember some pitcher batting in Atlanta and thinking it could be the last time a pitcher ever batted. Good trivia answer, if I could remember it

Edit- Kyle Wright?

Wolfman21

I remember some pitcher batting in Atlanta and thinking it could be the last time a pitcher ever batted. Good trivia answer, if I could remember it

Edit- Kyle Wright?

That would be Kendall Graveman...Drew Smyly struck him out on a full count.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Even the ones that are tanking for draft position like the Os and Astros don’t take the perceived BPA. They go cheap and burn the pool money later to flip players from college commitments. They also cut fat to invest in international and sell off every asset to try and get to a critical mass in the minors. Then they take that money saved over years to add through FA.

This is an NBA solution for a problem that doesn’t exist in MLB.

Brick

classic :clown:

Betty Donnelly died years ago. No children of her own. No husband left behind. The 79-year old former kindergarten school teacher spent her final few days in the Critical Care Unit at Adventist Medical Center in Portland in 2007.

I went to visit her near the end.

She was a treasure.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
80 year-old women who died 15 years ago are a classic literary trope

CJ_24

Manfred arguably gotta be reaching the top 10 in the world's most unlikable assholes

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I know Bettman gets shit on, but why is his spot as #1 considered unassailable? Manfred seems awfully terrible, NGL. Get in here, @Irishman

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I know Bettman gets shit on, but why is his spot as #1 considered unassailable? Manfred seems awfully terrible, NGL. Get in here, @Irishman

2 lockout shortened seasons and 1 lockout cancelled seasons all on Bettman's watch. That's a pretty high bar for Manfred and Selig to clear.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Is that it, though? Did he ever call the Stanley Cup a “piece of metal” like Manfred? Manfred seems impossibly tone-deaf, in addition to all his owner ball-washing

I think Gary Bettman is a shithead and a terrible commissioner, but admittedly I don't follow the other leagues enough to actually rank who is the worst.