• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Baseball has become (incredibly) more irrelevant now Bonds is not in the Hall of GOATs.

Fuck Selig. Fuck the BBWAA. Fuck Manfried. They all ruined the sport.

Baseball is dead to me. I'm out.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
But how do a bunch of old players reflect the relevancy of the league? Those players are irrelevant currently.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
But how do a bunch of old players reflect the relevancy of the league? Those players are irrelevant currently.
Shows how out of touch baseball and the people around the game are with the wishes of the fans.

Hall of Fame, Pace of play, Playoff structure, 162 game season, A million K/BB, etc. -- it's all related in the baseball METAverse.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Ima need them to iron out the blackout restrictions so I can watch 4+ hours of strikeouts every night, thx

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
In 98/99 I was working with a baseball focused trainer... his dad was a lead trainer for an MLB team. He told me that 90% of hitters and 50% of pitchers were on steroids. I didn't even believe him at the time, but once I realized he wasn't exaggerating I was pretty much done with the sport for a long time.

Screw Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa. And screw MLB for enabling it. But at least MLB learned from it. Psych! They enabled pitchers cheating this past year. What an idiotic league.

That said Bonds should be in the Hall. Other cheaters are so whatever.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Why are people so insistent he never used steroids? He got significantly bigger from his rookie season. Not beef roid bonds huge but definitely packed on a lot of muscle. His career numbers skyrocketed in 1993 and stayed up there through the steroid era. His body completely shit the bed in 2003 with constant injuries that are consistent with steroids.

Im not saying he's definitely a user, but there's more evidence to suggest he did than he didn't.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Why are people so insistent he never used steroids? He got significantly bigger from his rookie season. Not beef roid bonds huge but definitely packed on a lot of muscle. His career numbers skyrocketed in 1993 and stayed up there through the steroid era. His body completely shit the bed in 2003 with constant injuries that are consistent with steroids.

Im not saying he's definitely a user, but there's more evidence to suggest he did than he didn't.

This is a wildly inaccurate post.

Bodies on steroids don't "shit the bed", they are more durable. Steroids allow players to play through injuries and surpass the natural age curving. This was the real advantage of steroids.

Griffey's extreme power peaked age 24-30 and then fell off. Similar power curve to Mickey Mantle. Bonds hit 73 home runs at age 36. Then 46 at age 37, and 45 the next two years.

Also Griffey didn't really pack on a bunch of muscle like steroid users. He did put on weight, pretty consistent with his body type and his dad's body type. And after baseball, he didn't keep up with workouts and got overweight.

Goose Gossage said:
“Ken Griffey Jr. is the guy who was supposed to break that [home run] record. He didn’t do steroids, I’d bet on my mother’s grave that this guy was as clean as clean can be, and he didn’t make the end of the race,” Gossage said. “He broke down like age breaks you down. You don’t get better the older you get. This game has a way of leaving you behind. You play as long as you can and that’s it.”

“We fade in and we fade out.”

Why are people so insistent he never used steroids?

He wasn't named in the Mitchell report, he has never been accused of doing steroids, and he has addressed why he didn't take steroids.

Wolfman21

Yeah, Griffey's numbers/body breakdown is consistent with baseball over time to be honest. Once players hit age 30, they begin to decline. There are obviously exceptions....and Griffey was still have 30 homer seasons into his mid 30's. But you don't get better as you get older like Bonds having the best 4 year run in baseball history at damn near 40 years old

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Griffey played at two launching pads in the Kingdome and Great American Ballpark. He played out the string at Safeco.

Bonds played the majority of career at Candlestick and AT&T Park where home runs go to die.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

I think you’re confusing steroids with his addiction to nerve tonic

latest

Skeeter

Uber felon
This is a wildly inaccurate post.

Bodies on steroids don't "shit the bed", they are more durable. Steroids allow players to play through injuries and surpass the natural age curving. This was the real advantage of steroids.

Griffey's extreme power peaked age 24-30 and then fell off. Similar power curve to Mickey Mantle. Bonds hit 73 home runs at age 36. Then 46 at age 37, and 45 the next two years.

Also Griffey didn't really pack on a bunch of muscle like steroid users. He did put on weight, pretty consistent with his body type and his dad's body type. And after baseball, he didn't keep up with workouts and got overweight.

He wasn't named in the Mitchell report, he has never been accused of doing steroids, and he has addressed why he didn't take steroids.

Bodies absolutely break down after prolonged steroid use. Can they help you in the short term absolutely. They also help with muscle recovery so that you're back to 100% much faster. All that added benefit takes a toll on your body though.

Nobody is arguing that baroid was an abuser. He took it to extremes. There are obviously other guys that went to extremes. Sosa, McGuire, palmetto, conseco, Boone, etc. There were also a ton of users that didn't look like they could deadlift small cars that were also using.

Also did you expect Griffey to come out and say yeah I did it?

Maybe he was the one guy in the steroid era putting up big numbers against roided up pitchers, but does this really seem likely/logical?

Skeeter

Uber felon
Griffey played at two launching pads in the Kingdome and Great American Ballpark. He played out the string at Safeco.

Bonds played the majority of career at Candlestick and AT&T Park where home runs go to die.
Griffey had turned to shit by the time he played for the reds. His numbers were way down even playing in the bandbox

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

If true, this idea is hilariously bad

When the league average OBP climbs above .500 after this don't come crying to me because the PitchFx Tracker on the teevee has been wrong the entire time. Can't wait for the vendors to get sued into oblivion when they find out the cameras weren't calibrated correctly! They can call up Bloomberg Sports for representation recommendations.

Baseball has become (incredibly) more irrelevant now Bonds is not in the Hall of GOATs.

Fuck Selig. Fuck the BBWAA. Fuck Manfried. They all ruined the sport.

Baseball is dead to me. I'm out.

The GOAT can't make The Hall of GOATs?

OOTP > MLB

Bonds not getting into the Hall of GOATs really should be the lick that killed poor dick when it comes to MLB, especially since they just put David Arias in. If you don't remember David Arias he was the guys the Twins non-tendered after the 2002 season before he magically showed up in Boston with a lot of power that got caught with synthetic steroids at least once along with his teammate Manny Ramirez. His explanation at the time was "I was in the Dominican Republic and the guy at the pharmacy said [it] was fine". Amazing coincidences.

If Bonds had decided to follow Phish after the '98 season he was a HOFer but decided to shove it straight in all of these fart huffing BBWAA faces that he was the best after the McGwire/Sosa shitshow. They gave him how many MVPs when it was obvious he was hanging out with the brother of the guy from the Tower of Power getting shot up with insane growth hormones, synthetic steroids, and stem cells? But now they're sending a powerful message? Fuck you.

Not reinstating and putting in Pete Rose while he's alive is one thing but keeping out Bonds and Clemens while putting in other guys that were obvious and, in some cases, admitted juicers (see: Bagwell, Piazza, Pudge Rodriguez) is just asinine, especially when you consider these are the same voters that gave them the Cy Youngs and MVPs.

Skeeter

Uber felon
You're a walking Bleacher Report article.

Sure, he COULD have cheated. There's just no evidence whatsoever that he did.
Obviously it's only speculation, I'm just not sure how anyone is above suspicion in that era. Griffey always seems to get the "But NPH wouldn't do that!" treatment.

I also love Griffey just like everyone else. He was a great player and a ton of fun to watch. I actually drove up to old tigers stadium with my dad and watched him and arod play when they were with the Mariners. Actually caught an arod foul ball. Well...caught in the loosest sense possible. It hit some chairs in my row and rolled right to me. But I did box out some Detroit schlub who tried to go through me to get it.