• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Kabul Bulls

Wolfman21

My infield is going to be interesting in a few seasons when Geeves, Kirk, Langille, Chekomasov and Tumanut are all ready for the WBL.

Wolfman21

In interesting news today, the Kabul Bulls organization has moved Top 100 Prospect Cain Collingridge from SP to 3B. At 25, Cain doesn't have a ton of time to continue progressing and while his bat has fully progressed, he is still showing a lack of control. Collingridge actually has a higher potential as a position player.

Wolfman21

He was actually drafted a year or two before I joined. I just now noticed that he could be a position player to be honest. Hes got good pitching ratings, but i like his batting ratings if I can get him proficient defensively.

Wolfman21

Top Prospects Update

1. INF Laoghaire "Neanderthal" Geeves (AA) - The 2042 2nd overall pick, Geeves started out for the Bulls in AA Birjand and he has done very well in his 85 games there posting a slash line of .304/.424/.506 through 85 games with 15 homers and 50 RBI.
  2. OF Felix "Prophet" Perez (A) - Quite possibly the highest ceiling of all my prospects, Perez is still a baby in comparison. Only 18 years old still, Perez has had an up and down season. Still though, a slash line of .267/.374/.433 with 14 homers and 71 RBI is not bad for someone that won't turn 19 until next Spring Training.
  3. OF Obke van Zon (AA) - Outside of Geeves, van Zon is the most WBL ready position player I have on my prospects list. A slash line this year of .290/.419/.429. I'm still waiting for his power to progress. Once that arrives, he could be a very valuable piece. A RF at times and could spend some time at DH. Trying to improve him at 1B right now, but not sure that's gonna pan out.
  4. SP Percy "Homicide" van der Esch (AA) - Percy made the step up to AA this season and it hasn't been very kind to him. His stuff is AA ready, however he is still learning how to control it and hasn't gotten that figured out yet. He has missed the past few weeks with some back tightness but should be back soon.
  5. OF David Alcarez (A) - Received in the Kiyomizu trade from Istanbul, Alcarez has the makings of a very good WBL level Outfielder one day. Still young at 19 years old, Alcarez has plenty of time to develop and with OF being my strongest position as far as prospects and WBL guys go, there is no rush.
  6. 3B/SP Cain Collingridge (AAA) - I just recently moved Collingridge from SP to 3B. His bat is very advanced and I'm in need of a good third baseman. His defense is extremely lacking, however, and I'm hoping he can advance that quickly. My scout likes his bat more than OSA and in his first week at his new position, Collingridge hit .318/.483/.636 with 2 homers and 6 RBI.
  7. SP Ivan "Sparky" Martinez (AA) - Just like Homicide, Ivan's move to AA was a dose of reality. Ivan is still very young at 20 years old and has time to improve his stuff and control. With 4 average to above average pitches, Ivan could be a good pitcher in the WBL one day. Probably a 2 or 3 for me.
  8. SP Danny Cross (AAA) - The 2041 2nd round draft pick, Danny has advance pretty quickly and has the stuff to become a top of the line starter when he reaches the WBL. Like so many pitchers in my system, however, he still needs to work on his control.
  9. SP Eulogio Felizardo (A) - Felizardo was the 2nd piece I received back from the Kiyomizu trade, along with Alcarez who was mentioned earlier. Felizardo has the potential to have some very good stuff with his fastball, splitter and curve being all above average potential pitches. Like my other young pitchers, he is still trying to reach his control potential.
  10. 2B Duane Langille (A) - This guy, when he reaches his potential, is going to be an interesting piece that I am not sure what to do with yet. Obviously, Geeves is my franchise guy at 2B. Langille, however, has the potential to be a very, very solid 2nd baseman in his own right. Will be interesting to watch how this progresses. Langille has a slash line of .318/.446/.465 so far this season.
  11. UTIL Joe Kirk (AA) - The big piece I received back from the Matt Weaver trade to Buenos Aires, Kirk has destroyed AA competition since arriving in Birjand hitting .433/.477/.700 with 4 homers and 12 RBI in 13 games. I love his versatility in that he can play almost every position on the diamond at an average level or higher. He is more suited for an IF position however.
  12. SP Evan Nuyten (AA) - A 3rd round pick in 2041, Nuyten has impressed as he has slowly moved along in the farm system. He has the potential to be a very capable starter with 4 above average pitches. He would be good value from the 3rd round.
  13. SP Salome Sacramento (AA) - Sacramento was the 2nd piece sent back to me in the Matt Weaver trade along with Joe Kirk. Sacramento also flashes 4 above average pitches with average or above average movement and control potential. He has been solid since joining Birjand with only 3 ER allowed in 12 innings.
  14. INF Bryan Tumanut (AA) - Tumanut is advanced defensively on the left side of the infield. I have been playing him at both SS and 3B trying to increase his value. While displaying a lack of power, Tumanut's potential at the other aspects of his bat would make him acceptable in the middle infield. Not having the best season in AA, but he is slowly improving.
  15. 3B Artyom Chekomasov (A) - Still young and learning, Chekomasov hasn't quite produced like a 2041 #5 overall pick should, in my opinion. His contact potential has dropped some according to OSA even though my scout has him a little higher. Still young at only 19, Chekomasov has time to improve.
  16. P Kent Smith (AAA) - Has the stuff to be a very good relief pitcher. I have moved him along too quickly however and I believe he will reach arbitration before he even realizes his potential, so I'm not happy about that. Rookie mistakes.
  17. SP Alex Lafont (AA) - The 2041 4th round pick of the Bulls, Lafont has been beat around at AA this season and was prolly brought up too soon. Has the potential to be a back end of the rotation kind of guy.
  18. SP Zhi-peng Yang (INT) - Yang was signed in the 2042 International Amateur Free Agent period. Flashes the potential to have some very good control of 3 above average pitches. Only 17 years old. Will probably get a taste of A ball next season.

Wolfman21

00532813.jpg

What I expect to be the first of many. Kid has a very high ceiling

Wolfman21

In other big news with Chavez, after the last sim I noticed that his contract status had changed to (2042 Arbitration Possible). Therefore, I went ahead and ended all doubt and signed him to a 5 year 17.5 million dollar contract. 5th year is a player option. This will pay my up and coming star 3.5 million over the next 5 seasons. Very happy

Also signed stout MR Jacob Verberne to a 3 year 12 million dollar contract that will pay him 4 million per season.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You should. Probably have to pay Pinto again to get all three in their prime. Neanderthal had a nice year. Runner up for the AA Bat-Wizard to my boy Didier Mouton.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Will Greeves be called up next season? I think he's ready to start ballin' in the WBL

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It wasn't like Rat was worse or anything, it's just that hitters don't come around as polished as Greeves. 99 times out of 100 you have to hope they develop into Greeves

Wolfman21

Its quite possible, looking at my roster and some of my prospects, that Geeves and van Zon could both make their WBL debut next season

Wolfman21

SP Jawhar bin Tamir signed to a 4 year, 3.6 million dollar contract. He hasn't pitched up to his potential yet, however he dropped his ERA 1.5 runs from last season and gave up 15 less homeruns. I'm hoping for more improvement from the young man. That makes three good pieces that i've signed to low money multi year extensions this sim.

Wolfman21

Well the Kabul Bulls finish the 2042 season at 64-98...last in the South League and....last overall! What that means for the Bulls is that they will receive the #1 overall pick in the 2043 draft. What that also means is that the budget for the 2043 season is at an all time low of 126,000,000 which is about 20 million less than where it was at when I started my ownership of the Bulls roster. That is not a terrible thing for me right now however as alot of my good young pieces are still that...young...and cheap. I've got two older pitchers making 10+ million...1 coming off the books this off season and the other next season, which will be nice.

What this means is that I DO have some money to spend on free agents if I so choose. I will probably be selective as I was last year in that I will pickup some pieces to improve my team but they will be inside my budget and I will not overspend and fight against the top teams in the league.

Some good news for Bulls fans is that they will more than likely see some new faces on the WBL squad next season. 2B Laoghaire "Neanderthal" Geeves will almost definitely be making his WBL debut in 2043, just 10 months after being drafted 2nd overall by the Bulls in the 2042 draft. He has progressed much quicker to his potential than I ever expected and will probably join the Bulls as their 2nd best player right off the bat. Decisions will have to be made whether more new faces come up or we fill spots with FA's. Obke van Zon is another face that has potential to make it to the WBL. I really want to see his power reach his potential before rushing him up though. A viable DH bat if he can get that up.

Stay tuned for off season and draft news which will be following in the coming days!

Wolfman21

Amsterdam(@OU11) Gets:

Kabul's 2043 1-1
Kabul's 2044 3rd Rounder

Kabul(@Wolfman21) Gets:

1B Ivan Ruiz (WBL)
SP Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet (A)
Amsterdam's 2044 2nd Rounder

While I gave up the chance to get an extremely solid pitcher at 1-1, I feel like I upgraded my team for the present and future by picking up Ruiz and Peppers. Peppers is a slight downgrade from what was picked at 1-1, however Ruiz is as solid a DH bat as there is in the WBL. While I feel I got the better end of this trade, Amsterdam was able to pickup the best two pitchers in the draft.

Wolfman21

Well...its not as good as it looks on paper and heres why:

1. Ruiz is a DH all the way. Can't play a lick of defense. Does he have a great bat? In Amsterdam he sure did. How will he do without the stars around him?
2. Peppers isn't as good as Sugar Bear if they both reach their full potential.

This trade fit what I wanted (An upgraded WBL ready bat and a young pitcher) and got OU what he wanted (Both star pitchers in this draft). I'm happy with the deal, but at the same time I don't feel as though I got away with murder.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well...its not as good as it looks on paper and heres why:

1. Ruiz is a DH all the way. Can't play a lick of defense. Does he have a great bat? In Amsterdam he sure did. How will he do without the stars around him?
2. Peppers isn't as good as Sugar Bear if they both reach their full potential.

This trade fit what I wanted (An upgraded WBL ready bat and a young pitcher) and got OU what he wanted (Both star pitchers in this draft). I'm happy with the deal, but at the same time I don't feel as though I got away with murder.
So its exactly as good as it looks on paper :laughing: Its a good deal though. 1-1 is a valuable asset and you upgraded 2 positions instead of 1. Ruiz would be fine at 1B, because who cares haha. OU got a better pitcher than he gave up, so plus for him too.

Wolfman21

He essentially got Ruiz and a 2nd for a 3rd.

Peppers isn't much different than Roviva or Garcia.

Hrm, really? Roviva has 4 pitches with 60+ potential including two at 65. He has tons of movement as he throws a sinker a splitter and a slider. Peppers has two above average potential pitches and an average changeup. I'd take Roviva 10/10 times.

Lloyd Carr

Like I said earlier, Peppers is essentially Nico 2.0

If Nico is the GOAT, I don't see the point in trading GOAT Jr. for someone who very likely won't be any better.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Nico isnt the GOAT, but he really good. Peppers is not Nico 2.0. 2.0 implies he is improved over Nico, when he is actually a bit worse. Poor man's Nico might be a better assessment. Roviva has better potential, a 4th pitch and is durable. Peppers throws really hard now but, Roviva will probably though mid to upper 90's by the time he hits the WBL.

Wolfman21

I mean, I guess Peppers is Nico 2.0 if he finds an above average curveball and improves his changeup 10 fold. Right now he throws a bunch of straight shit though.

osick87

Community Liaison
Peppers isn't essentially Nico because there's still some uncertainty. Kabul got an established asset in Ruiz that he knows what he's probably going to get. He gets a less stable asset in Pepper but he has a better idea of what Peppers is going to be than he does with the first overall draft pick. That pick has a long time before he is where Pepper is (3 or 4 years) which is a lot of uncertainty. OU is in a position where he can gamble on that uncertainty. Wolfman wanted more immediate help and usually those assets are easier to figure out a value for.

Edit: Also what those other guys said.

Seems like somebody is going "Well how come he got that toy and I wasn't allowed to have mine." My answer to this as to why Wolfman got to keep his Transformer is because the perceived market value of what Wolfman got in return for the pick is more fair. Every other pitcher worth a shit has been traded for more than a single prospect. Let alone for another proven asset(whatever you value MRs as) and another pick.

Wolfman21

Peppers isn't essentially Nico because there's still some uncertainty. Kabul got an established asset in Ruiz that he knows what he's probably going to get. He gets a less stable asset in Pepper but he has a better idea of what Peppers is going to be than he does with the first overall draft pick. That pick has a long time before he is where Pepper is (3 or 4 years) which is a lot of uncertainty. OU is in a position where he can gamble on that uncertainty. Wolfman wanted more immediate help and usually those assets are easier to figure out a value for.

Seems like somebody is going "Well how come he got that toy and I wasn't allowed to have mine." My answer to this as to why Wolfman got to keep his Transformer is because the perceived market value of what Wolfman got in return for the pick is more fair. Every other pitcher worth a shit has been traded for more than a single prospect. Let alone for another proven asset(whatever you value MRs as) and another pick.

Honestly, the #1 pick in THIS draft was probably more valuable than most drafts we've had. There is just zero great talent after the first pick or two in this draft. Comparing my trade with Amsterdam to the Buffalo/Amsterdam deal is laughable IMO.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Peppers is 18... he isnt exactly a 22 year old ready to go in the WBL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Honestly, the #1 pick in THIS draft was probably more valuable than most drafts we've had. There is just zero great talent after the first pick or two in this draft. Comparing my trade with Amsterdam to the Buffalo/Amsterdam deal is laughable IMO.
There is always one great prospect. Its what makes that pick so valuable. After that there are more and more flaws.

osick87

Community Liaison
That is my oversight. Still though a year in A is better than College or HS. It's more high risk than I presented but still a bit less risky than a draft pick.

osick87

Community Liaison
If Pasquets was getting drafted this year, he'd be top 2 or 3 pick. I agree with you, Wolfman got a deal.

Wolfman21

There is always one great prospect. Its what makes that pick so valuable. After that there are more and more flaws.

True. But look at last year for example. Cliff Jackson was picked at #11 and would have gone #2 or #3 in this draft. The last two drafts have been deeper than this one. What that does is makes people less likely to give up stuff for the #1 because they know that they can still get talent where they are picking. After 1 and 2 in this years draft, there is really not alot. Maybe some guys overachieve, but theyre gonna have to if they are going to contribute. You yourself picked up Denis Weber at #9 in the 2041 draft...and that was AFTER studs like Campbell, Schmitt, Haamid, Zwager and Bell.

Wolfman21

If Pasquets was getting drafted this year, he'd be top 2 or 3 pick. I agree with you, Wolfman got a deal.

He would be #3 more than likely. Which is why I think that I got a deal, but its not as large of a deal as people think. OU got the best two players in the draft by a LONGSHOT and he gave up a DH and a pitcher in A ball(which he aptly replaced).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think you are underestimating this draft class. I dont think Cliff is equal to Funky. I was surprised Weber fell to me. I think he is better than a few of the "studs" you listed haha.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He would be #3 more than likely. Which is why I think that I got a deal, but its not as large of a deal as people think. OU got the best two players in the draft by a LONGSHOT and he gave up a DH and a pitcher in A ball(which he aptly replaced).
Peppers is better than Funky i think.

Wolfman21

I think you are underestimating this draft class. I dont think Cliff is equal to Funky. I was surprised Weber fell to me. I think he is better than a few of the "studs" you listed haha.

I think Cliff is most definitely equal to Funky. Possibly better. He has 3 60+ pitches where as Funky only has 2. Cliff was pick #11, Funky was pick #2 and it really isn't close between #2 and the rest of the class. Maybe I am underestimating it...but I don't feel like I am.

re-looking at it, Peppers and Funky are pretty close IMO...couldn't go wrong with picking one over the other, but yes, I like Peppers better.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Man that means you like Cliff more than Peppers and I am not sure I see that. To each there own I guess. It is what makes this game fun.

Wolfman21

Sugar Bear > Peppers > Cliff > Funky IMO. I think Sugar Bear is clearly better than all three. The final 3 are pretty damn close