• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Kabul Bulls

Wolfman21

lol. Trust me, there have been moments when I'm looking at the draft pool and click on Sugar Bear's name and look at his ratings and get a little depressed that he won't be in my farm system. Then I immediately go and look at my WBL lineup that will have Chavez, Geeves and Ruiz in the middle and I have to look at Peppers profile for a few minutes...lol

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think Funky shits on Cliff, but that could just be my scout. I need to stop listening to him. Sugar Bear is much better than Peppers if they both max out, but it is negligible in reality. I mean is it really that big of a deal to throw a 2.89 and a 3.13? Nah b, not when you have Ruiz/Greeves/Chavez and then Zon is going to be up.

I think Funky and Peppers is a good comparison, but since I lean OSA now I think Funky is better. Time will tell, but this deal was all about getting dat Sugar Bear.

Wolfman21

Las Vegas sends:
13th overall

Kabul sends:
18th overall
51st overall
3rd next year

I didn't think that there were enough decent prospects left that I could get one that would satisfy me at #18...therefore I traded the last pick of the 3rd round this year and my 3rd rounder next year essentially to move up 5 spots to get a prospect that I actually like.

That prospect was SP Alastair Fishburn. He was one of two starting pitcher prospects left that if they made it to their potential, I thought could make an impact in the WBL.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I also endorse your tactic of trading 3 later picks for one prospect that you really want. Im not much for the spray and pray tactic, but it works for doh.

Wolfman21

I'd have to get incredibly lucky to get a player in any of those other 3 picks to be as good as what I think I'm getting in alistair. That was my rationalization. Worth it to me.

Wolfman21

index.php

Kabul Bulls 2042-2043 Off-season

International Free Agent Signings ($1,027,000)
  1. OF Adilmar Dique - $100,000
  2. SP Juan Cruz - $130,000
  3. SS Jose Flores - $100,000
  4. OF Rody van Meel - $115,000
  5. P Mark Woertgen - $170,000
  6. OF Roberto Gonzalez - $145,000
  7. C Cameron Meaden - $85,000
  8. SP Aaron Smith - $182,000
Well, I didn't pull in any one guy that looks like a stud, but I pulled in a few prospects that look like they have some promise. Gonzalez and Smith are probably my first two to keep an eye on.

Draft Picks
  1. 1-13 SP Alastair Fishburn - So alot had to go down for me to get the 1-13 pick. As everyone knows, I originally had 1-1 for this draft. I traded that to Amsterdam for DH Ivan Ruiz and Prospect SP Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet. I then used my 2-1, my 3-51 and my 3rd rounder for the 2044 draft to move back into the first round at 1-13 in a trade with Las Vegas which garnered me Mr. Fishburn. Fishburn shows three solid pitches which is topped by his 65 potential curveball. He shows the prospect for great movement at 60 potential with good control at 55. His fastball sits at 92-94 right now and he also throws an average changeup. He has the potential to progress into a mid or backend of the rotation kind of guy unless he progresses better than expected.
  2. 3-36 OF Scotty "Porker" Wilson - Half the reason I drafted him is because of his attributes. The other half is his nickname. Dude has great speed and knows how to get around the basepaths. Can also play all three outfield positions AND 1B at an above average level. Shows the possibility to have an average bat, but an average bat with great speed and defense is a valuable option. Decent pickup in Round 3 if the OSA rankings hold true.
  3. 4-52 OF Joe Kramer - Projects to have an average bat. Not very good defensively yet, but per OSA, he was one of the best bats remaining in the draft. I had my eyes on a utility fielder that was taken two picks before this one that really sucker punched me. I thought he would make it to me.
  4. 5-68 MR Steve Ryan - Could progress into a decent 2 pitch reliever.
  5. 6-84 SS Pierre Amiot - Very good defensively. Hope his bat will progress.

Free Agent Signings
  1. SP Jeong Kim - Signed this guy to a Minor League Contract. Funny thing is, his ratings are as good if not better than half of my starting pitchers in the WBL. Prolly gonna call him up and give him a shot. Dude has 6 average to +average pitches.
  2. MR Rich Allen - Minor League Contract, AAA filler.
  3. MR Albert Katunenko -Minor League Contract. Hes got the stuff to make it in the WBL, but his control scares me. Will be in AAA until September more than likely.
  4. MR Brad Weeks - 2 year, 6.4 M contract. Prolly overpaid. His past two years haven't been great, however the teams he has been on seem to have been using him as a spot starter here and there. He'll be all bullpen for me.
  5. MR Donald Kenney - Minor League Contract. I'll prolly start him in AAA and if my bullpen is crap after a few weeks, bring him up for someone thats sucking.
  6. SP Ryan Davis - 1 year, 1 M contract. This guy has spent 6 of his 8 years in the WBL in the bullpen. I'm gonna give him a chance to start.

Trades

1. Amsterdam(@OU11) Gets:

Kabul's 2043 1-1
    Kabul's 2044 3rd Rounder

Kabul(@Wolfman21) Gets:

1B Ivan Ruiz (WBL)
    SP Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet (A)
    Amsterdam's 2044 2nd Rounder
  2. Las Vegas sends:
    13th overall

Kabul sends:
    18th overall
    51st overall
    3rd next year
Trade 1 - Amsterdam wanted the top 2 pitchers in the draft...I wanted a solid prospect arm and immediate help in the WBL. Done and Done.
Trade 2 - I wanted to move back into the first round to get a prospect that could help me down the road instead of sitting where I was and having to get lucky. I had some picks that I didn't need, so I moved and turned it into Fishburn.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Just something I've noticed about my organization...

Out of the players on my Top 20 Prospects list, I, personally, have added #'s: 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16 and 17. So 11 out of my Top 20 prospects have either been added through trades, draft or IFA by me in the 1.5 years since I have owned the team. I think that is pretty good. And that isn't even counting Geeves

Last edited:

Wolfman21

If you'll look at my offseason post two posts up, you will see what I've accomplished this offseason. I put alot of work into my pitching staff and I feel like I improved it even though I didn't spend a lot of money on it. Theres still one bullpen arm in FA that i'm hoping pulls the trigger for me soon and I'll be done. Not really excited about any of my IFA's, but you never know...any one of them could just randomly blow up over the next few seasons. Feel like I've done pretty well in the draft so far. Traded 1-1 for good pieces, got back in the first round at 1-13 and got Fishburn who I think has the potential to be a good arm. Porker looks to be a possible valuable utility player. A guy that can play all 3 OF positions and 1B at an above average level is great. I always worry about what happens if my 1B goes down with injury because nobody carries 2 first basemen. He would cure alot of those worries. Kramer is just a mid round bat that you hope progresses...a high school guy.

Wolfman21

SS David Lopez has turned 18 and been sent to Single A Do Gonbadan. David was one of my two 9 million dollar bonus babies in last seasons IFA. He has progressed quite nicely and is looking like quite the stud in the making. He will be playing SS for the Sun Sox this season and I look forward to seeing his progress.

SP Zhi-peng Yang will also be brought up to Single A Do Gonbadan. He has regressed a little since being signed by the Bulls in the same IFA class as Lopez, but hopefully he will put an end to that and start moving in the right direction.

Wolfman21

1B Sesto Colonnesse

He has gotten SLIGHTLY worse since I signed him. My scout has always liked him more than OSA. My scout has him with 60 POT Contact, 40 POT Gap, 65 POT Home Run, 40 POT Eye, 55 POT Avoid K's. When I signed him, I think his contact was at 65 and his eye was at 45. Hes still young though. Only 17 years and 200 days old. He MAY get called up to A ball this season, but more than likely i'll wait until next season.

Wolfman21

2043 Spring Training Thoughts
Lineup:
  1. Gavrel Ashaulov - 8​
  2. Andrey Volynov - 7​
  3. Laoghaire Geeves - 4​
  4. Ivan Ruiz - DH​
  5. Miguel Chavez - 9​
  6. Roy Hyde - 3​
  7. Cain Collingridge - 5​
  8. Terry Evans - 2​
  9. Yaseen bin Jameel - 6​
Pitching Staff

Starters:
  1. Konstantine Getmanenko
  2. Jeong Kim
  3. Ryan Davis
  4. Jawhar bin Tamir
  5. Christoffer Nylund
  6. Carlos Nardone
Relievers:
  1. Amir Leduc - CL​
  2. Jacob Verberne - SETUP​
  3. Sergio Tovar​
  4. Aaron Martin​
  5. Kent Smith​
  6. Brad Weeks​

Wolfman21

index.php

Kabul Bulls 2043 Season

Starting Rotation
  1. LHP Konstantine "Little Rat" Getmanenko - Had a very good season last year with a 3.68 ERA. Hopefully he can sustain that in the last season of his contract.
  2. RHP Jawhar Bin Tamir - Dropped his ERA by 1.5 runs last season. Hoping he can continue that.
  3. RHP Jeong Kim - Has spent his career in Dublin's AAA organization. Giving him the chance in the big leagues.
  4. RHP Ryan Davis - Spent the majority of his career in the bullpen and making spot starts. Giving him a chance to start full time.
  5. LHP Christoffer Nylund - Had an up and down rookie season. Looking for more consistency which with his control problems...maybe I shouldn't expect?
Rotation Thoughts: I feel like I upgraded, but cheaply. This could be an average rotation or it could be a bad rotation. I'm really just holding spots until Homicide and Danny Cross are ready which should be next season.

Relievers
  1. LHP MR Sergio "Wild Card" Tovar - Used as a starter for past two years. Giving him a chance in the pen. He doesn't have starter stuff IMO.
  2. LHP MR Brad Weeks - Great stuff. Below average control. Rough start to spring but finished strong.
  3. LHP MR Donald Kenney - Ratings are great. Up and down career. Hopefully hes in an up year.
  4. RHP MR Albert Katunenko - Pretty much Nylund in the pen. Great stuff, bad control. Had a good spring until his last appearance.
  5. RHP Setup Salvador Camelier - Two pitch reliever. Not a great Spring. Hopefully he pitches well.
  6. RHP Setup Jacob Verberne - Rebounded from a bad 2041 to have a great 2042. Hopefully more of the latter comes this season.
  7. RHP CL Amir Leduc - From an amazing rookie season to an amazingly bad 2043...hopefully it was just a sophomore slump. Pitched extremely well in last 10 games of spring training.
Bullpen Thoughts:Definitely feel like I upgraded here and its not even close. Bullpen is extremely hard to project though, so it could be good or bad.

Lineup vs RHP
  1. CF Gavrel Ashaulov - Had a solid season last year. Entering 2nd full year of having the starting job in CF. Hoping he can bump his AVG and OBP up.
  2. LF Andrey Volynov - Will start season on DL for injured oblique. Very solid but unspectacular LF. Know what I'm gonna get from him.
  3. 2B Laoghaire "Neanderthal" Geeves - 2042 #2 overall pick makes his debut. Tore up AA and has had a solid Spring.
  4. DH Ivan Ruiz - Absolute beast in Amsterdam. Can he continue with a not-so-loaded squad? Hit .350+ in Spring Training.
  5. RF Miguel "Pinto" Chavez - Finished last season on a tear to finish with a .275/.295/.422. Need to get that OBP up, however if he hits like he did in August/September of last year...it will come up no matter.
  6. 1B Roy Hyde - Can hit lefties better than Kichida while hitting righties similarly gives him the starting job. Hit 15 homers in 55 games last season.
  7. 3B Cain Collingridge - Spent the last few seasons in the minors as a SP. Moved to 3B last year and has played well. Hoping for a good season out of him at the plate while he progresses back to acceptable with the glove.
  8. C Terry Evans - Good catcher(thrown out 40% of attempted stealers) with a decent bat. Has a good eye. Need to raise his average some.
  9. SS Yaseen Bin Jameel - Good eye and good power with some good base running. Defense is above average. Like Evans, his average hurts him some.

Lineup vs LHP
  1. CF Gavrel Ashaulov - Had a solid season last year. Entering 2nd full year of having the starting job in CF. Hoping he can bump his AVG and OBP up.
  2. LF Andrey Volynov - Will start season on DL for injured oblique. Very solid but unspectacular LF. Know what I'm gonna get from him.
  3. 2B Laoghaire "Neanderthal" Geeves - 2042 #2 overall pick makes his debut. Tore up AA and has had a solid Spring.
  4. DH Ivan Ruiz - Absolute beast in Amsterdam. Can he continue with a not-so-loaded squad? Hit .350+ in Spring Training.
  5. RF Miguel "Pinto" Chavez - Finished last season on a tear to finish with a .275/.295/.422. Need to get that OBP up, however if he hits like he did in August/September of last year...it will come up no matter.
  6. 1B Roy Hyde - Can hit lefties better than Kichida while hitting righties similarly gives him the starting job. Hit 15 homers in 55 games last season.
  7. 3B Cain Collingridge - Spent the last few seasons in the minors as a SP. Moved to 3B last year and has played well. Hoping for a good season out of him at the plate while he progresses back to acceptable with the glove.
  8. C Terry Evans - Good catcher(thrown out 40% of attempted stealers) with a decent bat. Has a good eye. Need to raise his average some.
  9. SS Yaseen Bin Jameel - Good eye and good power with some good base running. Defense is above average. Like Evans, his average hurts him some.
Lineup Thoughts:I feel like I upgraded at damn near every position because most of the returnees are young guys that improve their stats and the new guys are better than the people they replaced. TONS of power in this lineup. I am worried that there isn't much speed so I won't manufacture many runs.

Top Reserves
  1. C Reda Bin Abbud - Great defensively. Serviceable bat in a pinch. Has hit extremely well in limited action the last two seasons.
  2. UTIL - Antonio Chavez - Love this kids versatility. Will start in LF until Volynov returns from DL.
  3. OF Seung Gwan Kok - Can backup two of three outfield spots. Good speed, good bat.
  4. INF Thie Savary - Wizard like defense and plenty of speed on the bases makes for a good backup infielder.

Overall Thoughts:I feel like this is a better team than any of the previous two that I have had. A mix of very potent youth with some decent older guys. Pitching and speed are my two weaknesses and where I will get beat this season. I feel like every team in the SL outside of maybe Key West has really improved their squad though, so its gonna be a battle.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Things like Kabul's build are what make me love the game. Very excited to see Ruiz take them up a notch

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Its definitely been a build. Don't think I'll be making a playoff push this year...I don't have the pitching. I think over the next 3-4 years though, I'll have a shot. Geeves, Ruiz, Chavez are all 3 gonna be in Kabul for the next 4-5 years. Ashaulov will prolly be signed to an extension if he performs how I think he will this season. I've got some pitching help on the way in Homicide, Cross, Sparky Martinez, Felizardo, etc. I would just need to sign a stud SP or two to go with that lineup and those young pitchers to have something cooking. I just don't have that this year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Its definitely been a build. Don't think I'll be making a playoff push this year...I don't have the pitching. I think over the next 3-4 years though, I'll have a shot. Geeves, Ruiz, Chavez are all 3 gonna be in Kabul for the next 4-5 years. Ashaulov will prolly be signed to an extension if he performs how I think he will this season. I've got some pitching help on the way in Homicide, Cross, Sparky Martinez, Felizardo, etc. I would just need to sign a stud SP or two to go with that lineup and those young pitchers to have something cooking. I just don't have that this year.

I really think you're just two good pitchers and a few innings eaters away from competing for a playoff spot. Agreed maybe not this year, but next year and beyond when Greeves gets his bat going (unless he just comes out blazing) your lineup will be good enough to win you enough games on its own.

Wolfman21

Yup. 2-3 years when I have a staff consisting of Cross, Homicide, Felizardo and Martinez...i'll be feeling good. Those 4 are all better than anything outside of Little Rat that I have starting right now.

If I had an additional speedster, i'd be really happy with my lineup. I just feel like I've got too many plodders

Wolfman21

Its so difficult to be patient. I could bring up Joe Kirk and Homicide right now and probably improve my team....but is it really worth them starting their clocks early when they're not "ready" for the bigs? Kirk has a .900+ OPS in AAA and about 5 points in 3 different categories from reaching his potential. Homicide is 5 points in stuff/movement and 5 points on his slider away from reaching his full potential while throwing a 2.25 ERA in 5 starts in AAA(no small feat). I just don't know if bringing them up a year early, in a year when I didn't expect to compete for playoff contention, is a smart thing to do.

Wolfman21

Also, it may be time for a van zon call up when Pinto gets back. Ted Kempink does nothing on my team as a reserve outfielder and honestly, that is where van zon is gonna make his money on my squad with Ashaulov/Volynov/Chavez for the next few years and then with the Prophet coming up the ranks quickly. Expect me to DFA Kempink, either send Savary or Collingridge back to AAA(how Collingridge plays over the next 2-3 weeks will make that decision for me) and call up van Zon when Pinto returns from the DL. That will also allow me to keep Antonio Chavez where he needs to be...and thats as a super utility player that can play every position sans C, 1B and CF.

The wheels are turning today fellas...the Bulls are seeing red.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Don't mortgage your future for your present, but if you can do both then do it. Some of them may catch fire.

Wolfman21

I think i'll hold off on Kirk and Homicide. van Zon I don't believe is going to improve to the point that he will be a starter level OF on my team, therefore I'm gonna bring him on up to get him some reps as a backup OF. That will allow me to keep Antonio Chavez where I want him instead of placing him in the lineup if Pinto or Volynov get hurt again.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Definitely call them up if they are raking in AAA, see Rojas, Francisco and Brittain, Jay sucking for like the first months

Wolfman21

meh, the only person raking in my AAA is Kichida...but hes spent 2+ seasons in the WBL and underwhelmed and Hyde, his replacement, is hitting his ass off right now. If anyone needs a young first baseman that can hit righties well...hit me up, you can have him for a good price.

Wolfman21

00532862.jpg

Roy Hyde wins Player of the Week for the SL for the 2nd time on this short season. He has far surpassed expectations at this point and is playing very well.

Wolfman21

00532861.jpg

Laoghaire "Neanderthal" Geeves, the #2 overall pick in the 2042 draft, won Rookie of the Month for the SL in April. The first of many awards that Neanderthal will win, I'm sure.

Wolfman21

In other news, Obke van Zon has been called up and Ted Kempink has been designated for assignment. van Zon will start in RF against right handed pitchers until the return of Pinto Chavez.

Percy "Homicide" van der Esch has been placed on the Bull's 40 man roster and will be called up to make his WBL debut in September.

Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet was promoted to AA Birjand as he was dominating Single A opponents and my scout requested that I promote him.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Laoghaire "Neanderthal" Geeves continues his amazing rookie season by winning the May Rookie of the Month award and May Batter of the Month award for the South League! Geeves has now won Rookie of the Month for his first two months in the WBL as he won it in April as well.

00532869.jpg

00532870.jpg

Wolfman21

Quick Roster Update - June 1st, 2043

• Brad Weeks was moved from the bullpen to the starting rotation. Jawhar bin Tamir was moved from the rotation to the bullpen. With a 6.50 ERA through 8 starts, I have had enough of bin Tamir in the rotation. I'll give him a shot in the bullpen.
  • Obke van Zon has found the WBL to be tough sledding. He does have 4 homeruns in 38 at bats, however hes hitting just .184 with a .244 OBP. I may send him back to AAA to continue to see if he can progress. With Chavez back in the lineup, hes just not getting the reps I want him to have.
  • Really disappointed with Gavrel Ashaulov. A guy with his ratings, I would expect to be hitting higher than .219 and I know that he can because he hit .243 last season. He was hitting .265 just two weeks ago, however he has had just a terrible last half of May. I don't really have many options for the leadoff spot right now, so he is going to have to turn it around if my lineup is going to be what I need it to be.
  • Cain Collingridge is having a better May than April, but thats not saying much since he only hit .180 in April.
  • Andrey Volynov has got to be the most consistent player in the WBL. Dude comes back from injury and goes back to hitting just about exactly what he has hit for the past two seasons, haha. Amazing.
  • Ivan Ruiz had a really bad week, however overall he hasn't been bad. His power numbers aren't exactly what I was expecting from him, however they are up in May so maybe he'll continue the climb as the season progresses.
Prospect Update - June 1st, 2043
  1. OF Felix "Prophet" Perez (AA) - Slash line of .307/.459/.507 until he got injured last week with a torn groin. Will miss another 4-5 weeks. Progressing very nicely. #1 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  2. SP Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet (AA) - Started the season in Single A and pitched well enough that my scout stated he was ready for promotion. So I moved him up to Double A and he hasn't disappointed. Peppers owns a 2.37 ERA in 3 starts so far in AA and I expect him to pitch well. #8 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  3. SP Abdul-Jalil Hud (A) - The 2042 second round draft pick was very good in his rookie season in Single A until a Torn UCL forced him to have Tommy John surgery. Has since returned and started 3 games going 1-0 with a 4.40 ERA. Hud has the potential to be very, very, very good. The Tommy John surgery scares me. #38 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  4. OF Obke van Zon (WBL/AAA) - Made his WBL debut this season. Hit well in AAA before being promoted. Four homeruns but a low average in the WBL. Will probably send him back to AAA so he can continue to get at bats. #41 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  5. OF David Alcarez (A) - The 20 year old outfielder had a rough April, but has since turned it around and had a very solid May. Hitting .261/.327/.391 on the season however in May he hit .299/.371/.448. OSA is higher on him as a prospect than my scout, however he should be a solid player either way. #44 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  6. SP Eulogio Felizardo (AA) - A decidedly rough April was followed by a magnificent May that saw Felizardo post an ERA of 2.97 over 30 innings pitched. I'm beginning to get worried about Felizardo's control issues as he has not progressed on that front like I would like. While his stuff and movement has progressed like it should, his control has stayed around 30/35. At 21, hes starting to lose daylight for that to progress to it's 60 potential. #52 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  7. SP Danny Cross (AAA) - Cross is in the crosshairs to make his WBL debut in 2044. His cotrol is slightly holding him back at the moment as it sits at 45 with a potential of 60. If he can work on getting that up over the season and in the offseason, he'll be ready to go for Spring Training. #59 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  8. SP Ivan "Sparky" Martinez (AA) - Sparky had a rough couple first starts but he has really cranked it up in his last 3 starts going 20.1 innings while only giving up 2 earned runs. Only 21 years old, has the potential to be a solid middle of rotation starter. #69 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  9. SP Percy "Homicide" van der Esch (AAA) - Homicide had the best April i've seen of a pitcher in AAA. His last three starts, however, have been ugly. Percy has been placed on the 40 man roster and will be called up to make his WBL debut in September. Expect him to be in the rotation in 2044 possibly with Danny Cross. #72 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  10. SS David Lopez (A) - The 9 Million dollar bonus baby...and if he reaches his potential, he'll be worth it. Having a very strong first season in Single A with a slash line of .306/.371/.489. Had a game on May 26th where he went 4-4 with 2 homers and 8 RBI. Needs to continually work on defense even though its not bad now. Only 18...could be a star. #73 Prospect overall in the WBL.
  11. OF Amador Angelo (A) - Had a very solid season out of the International Complex last season and following it up with an even better one so far this season. A slash line of .310/.386/.517 with 5 homers. Angelo already plays insanely good defense at all three outfield positions and is only 19. If he can get his bat to continue progressing, I could be looking at a late bloomer with amazing potential here. #96 Prospect overall in WBL.

Wolfman21

2042 In-Season Trades Revisited

@osick87 (Buenos Aires) sends:

2B Joe Kirk (AA)
SP Salome Sacramento (AA)

@Wolfman21 (Kabul) sends:

RF Matt Weaver (WBL)

For Buenos Aires: Weaver hit .271/.316/.405 over the final 70 games of the 2042 season for Buenos Aires. So far in 2043, Weaver is hitting .193/.260/.328 over 35 games.

For Kabul: Joe Kirk has moved up to AAA hitting over .300 in AA in 2042 and hitting .291/.401/.439 in AAA in 2043. Kirk is on pace to become my starting SS or 3B in 2044. Sacramento is a combined 9-3 with my AA team and while his ERA is up this year, his whip has dropped. On pace to become a back end of the rotation or relief guy.

@Yankee151 (Istanbul) sends:

David Alcarez (A)
Eulogio Felizardo (A)
Amsterdam 3rd Round Pick

@Wolfman21 (Kabul) sends:

Kuemon Kiyomizu (WBL)

For Istanbul: Kiyomizu hit .153/.183/.289 in final 43 games of 2042 for Istanbul. He is hitting .182/.217/.409 for Istanbul through 10 games of 2043 however he has been out since April 18th with a Fractured Elbow and will miss most of the season.

For Kabul: Alcarez finished 2042 hitting over .300 in my A team. So far having a not as good season in 2043 but still young(only 20). Felizardo has great ratings, but his control has not improved at all yet. Still expect it to. Has been solid since joining my squad. If he progresses...hes a #3 starter atleast. The third round pick was used to move into the first round in the 2043 draft to pick up SP Alistair Fishburn.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
With a last name like that, I wish his nickname was "Ask." :grin:

In your trades-revisited post, how did you ultimately assess each trade?

Wolfman21

Meh, kinda "to be determined". With the way the guys I traded away have performed, at first glance, I would say I won both trades going away. However, none of the guys I received have really dominated the lower levels/progressed rapidly...so who knows? Joe Kirk is looking to become my starting SS/3B next season, so we should soon see how that one turns out. Gonna be a couple seasons before I can honestly grade it...but I feel good about both of them.

Wolfman21

Quick Roster Update - August 10th, 2043

• Brad Weeks was returned to the bullpen in a Setup role and Jacob Verberne was placed in the rotation. The move seems to have fit both extremely well as Verberne has gone 3-1 with a 2.64 ERA in 5 starts and Weeks has only given up 2 earned runs in his last 10 appearances. Jawhar bin Tamir has been lights out since his move to the bullpen. He is 1-1 with 1 save and a 1.01 ERA in 22 appearances since moving to the pen.
  • Obke van Zon has increased his production every month since joining the big club. He hit .184 in May, .213 in June and .318 in July. He is tied for 5th on the team with 8 home runs and has a slash line of .233/.287/.489 on the season. He is getting starts in RF as Miguel Chavez is out with injury...again.
  • I moved Yaseen bin Jameel into the leadoff spot since Gavrel Ashaulov was having trouble getting on base and it has helped my offense. Kabul now sits between 4th and 5th in most offensive categories for the SL.
  • Cain Collingridge, while not tearing the cover off the baseball, has seemed to slowly find his way with the bat. Still only hitting in the .230's, that is much better than bouncing below the Mendoza line like he was at the beginning of the season.
  • Andrey Volynov started off hot, had a rough June where he hit .207 and then had a solid July and has been extremely hot in the first part of August.
  • Ivan Ruiz has turned it on over the past 2 1/2 months. He has 17 homeruns and 48 RBI since the beginning of June while sustaining a .343 average over that span. It took him a month or two to get used to South League pitching, but he has been on fire since then.
  • On the other side, stud second baseman Laoghaire Geeves seems to have hit that freshman wall. After hitting over .340 through June, Geeves has hit a paltry .180 in July and the first part of August to drop his batting average below .300 at .294. We will look at giving him a couple of days rest in the coming weeks to see if we can jumpstart him.
  • Biggest surprise bat of the season goes to first baseman Roy Hyde. In his rookie season, Roy has a slash line of .267/.306/.452 on the season with 20 homeruns and 68 RBI. He strikes out a ton and doesn't walk much...however his numbers are much better than I expected when looking at his ratings. I thought Yoshino Kichida had better ratings, but Hyde has devoured any season in the WBL that Kichida had in his 3 years with the team.
  • One final note...Percy "Homicide" van der Esch made his WBL debut with 6.2 innings of 3 run ball against Buffalo on August 9th. While he gave up 10 hits, he only walked 1 and only allowed 3 runs through near 7 innings. He came away with the no decision but proved that he belongs.
Prospect Update - August 10th, 2043
  1. OF Felix "Prophet" Perez (AAA) - His progression skyrocketed over the summer which moved him up to AAA. Hit 6 homeruns and had a batting average over .330 in his first week and a half before injuring himself which will sideline him for a couple of weeks. With his progression soaring, the Prophet's WBL timeline has moved up. We could see him in the WBL possibly in 2044 with a most definite 2045.
  2. SP Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet (AA) - Has mixed dominant games with games where he gets hit quite a bit. I would expect nothing less from a young stud trying to find his way. 3-3 with a 3.42 ERA in 14 starts with AA Birjand.
  3. SP Abdul-Jalil Hud (A) - Has been very solid in returning from Tommy John Surgery. 3-5 with a 3.89 ERA in 14 starts with A Do Gonbadan.
  4. OF David Alcarez (A) - David has had an...interesting...sophomore season. Started slow, hit .300 in May and then missed all of June with an injury. Returned in July, started slow, began hitting again, and is now injured for 6 weeks.
  5. SP Eulogio Felizardo (AA) - Like Peppers, he'll have a couple games where he goes 6 innings with 0/1 earned run(s) and then throw up a stinker where he gives up 7 in 2 innings. Not a bad season though. Control is a point of emphasis...it worries me still.
  6. SP Danny Cross (AAA) - His stuff is practically WBL ready. His control needs some work. Any ERA in the 4's is solid for AAA and thats where Cross has sat all season. Expect him to spend Spring of 2044 with the Big Club.
  7. SP Ivan "Sparky" Martinez (AA) - Ivan missed June with a strained shoulder. Since his return, he has been "ok". Still progressing. If he reaches his potential, could be a 3/4/5 starter in WBL.
  8. SP Percy "Homicide" van der Esch (WBL) - Just got the call up. Had a solid first start. Will be with big club from here on out.
  9. SS David Lopez (A) - Dominated A ball in his first season of professional ball at 18 years old. Slash line of .301/.363/.454 with 12 homers and 70 RBI in 103 games. A solid defender that, honestly, should probably be moved to 3B as his range is only slightly above average.
  10. OF Amador Angelo (A) - Has regressed since the June update, however he missed practically all of June with a Quad strain that he is now working on getting over. Stud defensively. He and Kjell Hedblom will be fighting over backup roster spots or possible starting positions in CF in a couple of seasons.

Wolfman21

Quick pitching change for last month and a half of the season:

Jeong Kim will be moved from rotation to the bullpen. It worked for Jawhar bin Tamir and they are similar. Albert Katunenko was also waived.
This gives me a 5 man rotation again of Verberne, Davis, Nylund, Little Rat and Homicide.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

00532933.jpg

It took Ruiz some time to adjust to the SL, but boy oh boy has he ever. Dude has been absolutely dominant since June hitting 25 homers and 77 RBI. INSANE!

Wolfman21

Also, with September callups, some of my prospects are gonna get their first bit of WBL action. With Konstantine Getmanenko ending his career with the Bulls on the DL, Danny Cross will be put into the rotation with Homicide to get their feet wet and ready for next year. Cross was the Bulls' 2nd round pick in 2041.

Joe Kirk, acquired in a trade for Matt Weaver from Buenos Aires, will also be called up to get his feet wet in preparation for him to play in the big leagues next season.

Also, catcher Ben Putnam will play some games behind the plate in his preparation to take over duties there next season, atleast against right handers. Lots of new faces in the Bulls organization hoping to lead us to the promised land.

I also like that my attendance is UP 23% over last season. When you're not in last from May to September...it really helps.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Today, the Bulls announced the signing of relief pitcher Salvador Camelier to a 3 year, 8.7 million dollar contract. Camelier brings lots of experience and has had a very good season for the Bulls so far. Not only does he bring a good setup option, he has shown the ability to close games out in a pinch as well. The Bulls feel as though they have gotten a good deal here and look forward to Camelier pitching at the back end of their bullpen for the next 3 years.

Wolfman21

Felix "Prophet" Perez and Yoann "Peppers" Pasquet, the #1 and #2 prospects in the Bulls organization will get their first tastes of WBL action as they have been placed on the 40 man roster and called up to the big leagues. Peppers will make his first start against Key West and Prophet will play a few games in left field, splitting time with Andrey Volynov.

In Record Breaking News, Ivan Ruiz will set the Kabul organization record for Home Runs in a season with his next bomb. He is also only 4 RBI away from setting the single season record for RBI in a season. The Bulls could end up having 3 players place themselves in the Top 10 for homeruns in a season with Ruiz, Hyde and Geeves.