• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

IFA Circle Jerk Thread

What is to be done?

• Keep the current system

• Go back to the old system

• Abolish IFA

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I would have brought it up more, apparently I was crap posting drafts when you asked about it. I thought everyone hated discoveries so assumed they were off. My only concern now is the tactic that Hayvis posted. Otherwise testing results seem fine to roll with

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I would have brought it up more, apparently I was crap posting drafts when you asked about it. I thought everyone hated discoveries so assumed they were off. My only concern now is the tactic that Hayvis posted. Otherwise testing results seem fine to roll with

I didn't know that what hayvis posted WAS a tactic. I haven't touched my allocations since probably the 2060's when I tanked & got Nelson Andres with the 1-1.

Wolfman21

Are we intentionally trying to make the league super boring?

Feels like we're trying to get to a point where you can put your team on "Auto" and still be somewhat competitive. I think thats whats made the league lopsided is that there are only a few teams that are giving the full 5 minutes per day and those teams are winning while the 2-3 min per dayers are getting dusted and its hurting their feelings that they cant give their lazy 2-3 min per day and be competitive. SO lets make it to where you put your guys on auto, look at it just enough to make sure there are no injuries and that you make your draft picks and thats it. YAWN

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yep. I believe one of the top-20 players was an indy-league guy.
Interesting... Although Calhau is not an Indy guy. He's a pro IFA-- so theoretically he was playing in Japan or something and came over. The Pro IFA's are almost all ready-made WBL players.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
giphy.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Interesting... Although Calhau is not an Indy guy. He's a pro IFA-- so theoretically he was playing in Japan or something and came over. The Pro IFA's are almost all ready-made WBL players.

That's what I meant. They signed their first contracts during the normal FA period, not August or whenever we get those others.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Players only coming from one source
Yeah... I mean don't we want MORE sources of players? If you're rebuilding, don't you want MORE ways to get better?

This is part of why I was against the new system of IFA. It doesn't allow an owner who says "F my payroll, I'm rebuilding" to spend $50-80m in IFA and have a $20m payroll for his WBL team.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So instead of trying something new, shall we just go back to the way it used to be? Nothing more fun than walking in the same small circle over and over again until we die. Has anyone got any sandpaper I can borrow? I want to file my face down before we start the new season.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean I don't know what I expected when i joined a group of text simulation baseball fans who had already been doing the same thing for 5 years?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean, I think the only fair way of settling this is some kind of online Street Fighter/ Mortal Combat tournament where the winner decides.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Do players in the draft class not have injury histories?

I'm looking at the 2098 draft class- so far out of the top 20 pitches, 19 have an injury proneness of "normal" and one is "durable." No one has any injuries in their history.