• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Hachiko's Mitakihara Magi Dynasty

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara wins shootout over Kentucky, 77-40

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
October 17, 2071

The Kentucky Wildcats did well enough to outscore Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi, 21-7 in the fourth quarter. However, it was the only victory they would get as they were outgunned by the hosts, 77-40, at Mitakihara Stadium in Mitakihara Town, B.C. Quarterback Russ Opare commanded most of the heavy artillery, passing for 345 yards and five touchdowns while rushing for 76 yards and another touchdown.

Halfback Kodaka Onodera ran for 191 yards and three touchdowns, halfback Drew Childs ran for 84 yards and score and fullback Corey Addy ran for 41 yards and a major. Wide receiver Larry Igiebor caught five passes for 114 yards, Onodera caught three passes for 37 yards and a touchdown, Addy caught three passes for 94 yards and two scores and wideout Will Atsu caught three passes for 42 yards and two majors.

Left tackle Mario Washington led the blockers with 18 pancakes while right guard Mitch Zango had 10 pancakes. On defense, cornerback Marlon Boakye led the tacklers with nine tackles while defensive tackle Gabriel Takatori Idir had seven tackles and two sacks. Middle linebacker Ernest Macklin and strong safety Daniel Manatsu each had an interception on the night.

Mitakihara improve to 8-0 and are back in action next week against the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

The Mystique of the Treaty of San Francisco

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
October 20, 2071

The Treaty of Peace with Japan (commonly known as the Treaty of San Francisco, Peace Treaty of San Francisco, or San Francisco Peace Treaty), between Japan and part of the Allied Powers, was officially signed by 48 nations on September 8, 1951, at the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco, United States. It came into force on April 28, 1952. This treaty served to officially end World War II, to formally end Japan's position as an imperial power, and to allocate compensation to Allied civilians and former prisoners of war who had suffered Japanese war crimes. This treaty made extensive use of the UN Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to enunciate the Allies' goals.

This treaty, along with the Security Treaty signed that same day, is said to mark the beginning of the "San Francisco System"; this term, coined by historian John W. Dower, signifies the effects of Japan's relationship with the United States and its role in the international arena as determined by these two treaties and is used to discuss the ways in which these effects have governed Japan's post-war history. This treaty also introduced the problem of the legal status of Taiwan due to its lack of specificity as to what country Taiwan was to be surrendered, and hence some supporters of Taiwan independence argue that sovereignty of Taiwan is really still held by the Allies (particularly the US).

Of the 51 participating countries, 48 signed the treaty; Czechoslovakia, Poland and the Soviet Union refused. The signatories to the treaty were: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Ceylon, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam and Japan.

The Philippines ratified the San Francisco Treaty on July 16, 1956, after the signing of a reparations agreement between both countries in May of that year. Indonesia did not ratify the San Francisco Peace Treaty. Instead, it signed with Japan a bilateral reparations agreement and peace treaty on January 20, 1958. A separate treaty, the Treaty of Taipei, formally known as the Sino-Japanese Peace Treaty, was signed in Taipei on April 28, 1952, between Japan and the ROC, just hours before the Treaty of San Francisco went into effect. Neither Korea nor its derivatives South Korea and North Korea signed either the Treaty or a separate peace arrangement with Japan.

The document officially renounces Japan's treaty rights derived from the Boxer Protocol of 1901 and its rights to Korea, Formosa (Taiwan) and the Pescadores, Hong Kong (then a British colony), the Kuril Islands, the Spratly Islands, Antarctica and Sakhalin Island. Article 3 of the treaty left the Bonin Islands and the Ryukyu Islands, which included Okinawa and the Amami, Miyako and Yaeyama Islands groups, under a potential U.S. trusteeship. Whilst the treaty suggested that these territories would become U.S. trusteeship, at the end that option was not pursued. The Amami Islands were eventually restored to Japan on December 25, 1953, as well as the Bonin Islands on April 5, 1968. In 1969 U.S.-Japan negotiations authorized the transfer of authority over the Ryūkyūs to Japan to be implemented in 1972. In 1972, the United States' "reversion" of the Ryūkyūs occurred along with the ceding of control over the nearby Senkaku Islands. Both the People's Republic of China (PRC) and the Republic of China (ROC) argue that this agreement did not determine the ultimate sovereignty of the Senkaku Islands.

By Article 11 Japan accepted the judgments of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East and of other Allied War Crimes Courts both within and outside Japan and agreed to carry out the sentences imposed thereby upon Japanese nationals imprisoned in Japan. The document further set guidelines for repatriation of prisoners of war and renounces future military aggression under the guidelines set by the UN Charter. The document nullifies prior treaties and lays down the framework for Japan's current status of retaining a military that is purely defensive in nature.

There is also some ambiguity as to over which islands Japan has renounced sovereignty. This has led to both the Kuril Islands dispute and the Senkaku Islands dispute. The Treaty of Taipei between Japan and the ROC acknowledged the terms of the San Francisco Treaty but added that all residents of Taiwan and the Pescadores were deemed as nationals of the ROC.

Some supporters of Taiwan independence argue that the language in San Francisco Peace Treaty proves the notion that Taiwan is not a part of China, for it does not explicitly state the sovereignty status of Taiwan after Japanese renunciation. In 1955, U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles, co-author of San Francisco Peace Treaty, affirmed that the treaty ceded Taiwan to no one; that Japan "merely renounced sovereignty over Taiwan". Dulles said that America "cannot, therefore, admit that the disposition of Taiwan is merely an internal problem of China." This legal justification is rejected by both the PRC and ROC governments, both of which base their legal claims on Taiwan on the Instrument of Surrender of Japan which accepts the Potsdam Declaration and the Cairo Declaration. In addition, in more recent years supporters of Taiwan independence have more often relied on arguments based on self-determination as implied in the San Francisco Peace Treaty and popular sovereignty.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Some wacky, weird, unconventional play took place at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada. A number of failed 2-pt conversions, some punting on first downs, and some really bad turnovers given up by both sides including lazy interceptions and Leon Lett-style fumbles later... @Travis7401 and UNLV defeat Nevada 64-54.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara slam Minnesota to the ground, 115-7

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
October 24, 2071

Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi were not pretty happy that they let the Kentucky Wildcats hang with them late in their game last week, so against the Minnesota Golden Gophers, they took to the air and ripped them apart, 115-7, at Mitakihara Stadium in Mitakihara Town, B.C. Quarterback Russ Opare passed for 238 yards and four touchdowns while backup B.J. Inkoom passed for 175 yards and two more scores.

Halfback Drew Childs ran for 207 yards and four touchdowns, Inkoom ran for 131 yards, halfback Shannon Wright ran for 142 yards and three majors, fullback Isaac Nwofor rushed for 64 yards and Opare ran for 51 yards and a score. Wide receiver Will Atsu caught six passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns, wideout Chris Babatunde caught four passes for 80 yards, wideout Larry Igebor caught two passes for 59 yards and two majors and wideout Marcus Mba caught three passes for 54 yards and a score.

Left tackle Jeremy Amoako led the blockers with 21 pancakes, while center Ricky Curry had eight pancakes, right guard Zach Kayange had seven and left guard Charles Sumaila had six. Cornerback James Boye returned an interception 97 yards for a touchdown, strong safety Daniel Manatsu had two interceptions including one returned 95 yards for a score and middle linebacker Ernest Macklin also had a couple of picks. Right outside linebacker Josiah Cofie had 11 tackles and sack to lead the tacklers on defense while defensive tackle Thomas Fields added two sacks.

Mitakihara improve to 9-0 and continue their home stand next week against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

NCAA To Officially Adopt Laws Of The Game For College Soccer In 2072

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
October 27, 2071

After over a century of playing under a set of rules that include a countdown clock, free substitution, timeouts and golden goals, the National Collegiate Athletic Association has decided to finally adopt the International Football Association Board's Laws of the Game. This is a historic move, one that Mitakihara University Magi Head Football Coach Tatsuya Kaname is thrilled to hear.

"Finally!" exclaimed Coach Kaname after practice at Hakurei Centre. "I don't know why it took these guys from Indianapolis more than a century to figure it out. You know the old saying as well as I do: when in Rome, do like a Roman. These idiots, if I may call them that, have been playing under rules inconsistent with the rules of the game as we know it. So for the NCAA to finally adopt in full the Laws of the Game is a sign that they are going in the right direction."

Prior to the 2072 season and 2071 College Cup and Women's College Cup, these rules were in effect.

• If a player accumulates five yellow cards over the period of one season, he or she is banned one game.
  • A manager may make unlimited substitutions; however, a player cannot re-enter a game in the same half that he left in. All matches have an overtime period if the game remains tied after 90 minutes.
  • As opposed to a classic two half overtime, a sudden death rule is applied. If neither team scores in the two ten-minute halves, the match ends in a draw (unless it is a playoff match, then it would be penalty kicks).
  • College soccer is played on a "running clock" that is constantly counting down unless the referee signals for the clock to be stopped by injuries, the issuing of misconducts, or when he feels a team is wasting time. The clock is also stopped after goals until play is restarted.

These rules will be replaced with the Laws of the Game regarding yellow card accumulation, substitutions and extra time/penalties procedures for playoff matches. The rules officially take effect with the NCAA Division I, II and III men's and women's national semifinals. Also being tabled for a special conference in December is a motion to repeal the rules regarding unsportsmanlike conduct. The motion is expected to pass with little resistance and take effect starting with the 2072 college football season.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara wrap up October with 76-35 win over Notre Dame

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
October 31, 2071

Two close matches in three weeks. That's the story for Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi, who were engaged in a lock-stock-and-barrel wrestling match with Raul Chaser's Notre Dame Fighting Irish, who landed the top high school halfback in all of Canada, Leo Hashiri, weeks ago. The Magi got their revenge by defeating Notre Dame, 76-35, at Mitakihara Stadium in Mitakihara Town, B.C. Quarterback Russ Opare passed for 325 yards and five touchdowns while rushing for 73 yards and another score.

Halfback Kodaka Onodera ran for 118 yards, halfback Drew Childs ran for 104 yards and two touchdowns and backup quarterback B.J. Inkoom also scored a major on the ground. Wide receiver Larry Igiebor had five receptions for 180 yards, wide receiver Will Atsu caught three passes for 30 yards and two touchdowns and tight end Michael Adomah caught two passes for 50 yards.

Left tackle Mario Washington led the team in pancake blocks with 16, while left guard William Carter added 11 and right guard Mitch Zango recorded eight. Free safety Jack Arashi had his first "Man of the Year" performance, with eight tackles and two interceptions, both returned for touchdowns. Cornerback Marlon Boakye had 10 tackles to lead the defense, while middle linebacker Ernest Macklin and strong safety Daniel Manatsu each had a pick.

Mitakihara improve to 10-0 and return to action next week against the Texas Longhorns.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Hayari Mizuhara III, the granddaughter of Hayari Mizuhara and Yoshiko Kainou.

Hayari Mizuhara III a faithful wife for Robin Djemel

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
November 4, 2071

She is named after her grandmother and in fact looks exactly like her grandmother in her youth: the bust, the hair, the curves, the charms. But don't think that Hayari Mizuhara III is in fact aspiring mahjong ace in the making. She occasionally plays the sport but in fact has aspirations of being an medical researcher, something her old lady wanted to do initially. Mizuhara III competes on the volleyball team as a libero and is the fiancee of Robin Kuroha Djemel, a freshman right end on Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi football team.

"Grandma told me that I could be anything I wanted to be if I attended Madoka," said Hayari after volleyball practice at Gen Urobuchi Fieldhouse. "So I am studying medicine because I want to develop new drugs that will allow lesbian couples to design who they want their daughter or son to look like. I want lesbian families to be able to create their own future with the power of medicine. Madocoit is only the first step. But there is more work to be done.

"I first met Robin during his first day at camp. He was really tired at the running he had to do. I heard he lost five pounds. I asked him if he wanted a massage. He accepted, and as I worked on his muscles, both of us felt a vibe that just clicked. I talked with him about who he is, why he's here, why I'm here, and I petitioned the head of Mitakihara University Housing & Residential Life, Dr. Travis Thompson, a former fullback for the Magi football team, to put us in the same room.

"I found out that I met the man of my dreams. He's part Algerian, part French, and part Japanese. He speaks Arabic, Japanese, French and English, fluently, and his grandfaher François was a famous musician in his time. But he never wanted to be a singer. He wanted to play football. Actually, his first favorite sport was rugby, but he decided to change sports because you get paid the big dollars when you're on a pro football team. So he's playing football for the best college team in the world.

"I don't get to watch him as much from the stands because as a volleyball player, I have to travel with my girls to these matches. Sometimes Robin comes to the Kirisame Pyramid to see me. I just get a boost of energy and confidence when I'm with Robin. I dedicate my game to him the same way he dedicated his game to me. We plan to marry after our first year, and we won't have kids until we graduate. I love Robin, and I know we're going to have a great life helping each other succeed at Mitakihara and after our college days are finished. I'm not going to look too far ahead to the future, but Robin always tells me to plan ahead. He knows what's best as the one I love, and I trust him."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara prevail over Texas, 58-31

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
November 7, 2071

Yes, Mitakihara can play close matches with solid opposition, too. Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi were tested by Akiyuki Kaname's Texas Longhorns but in another between battle between father and son, the old man knows best in a 58-31 victory at Mitakihara Stadium in Mitakihara Town, B.C. Quarterback Russ Opare passed for 292 yards and a touchdown while rushing for 53 yards and two more scores.

Halfback Kodaka Onodera ran for 156 yards and two touchdowns, fullback Corey Addy ran for 94 yards, wide receiver Marcus Mba caught seven passes for 114 yards and a touchdown, and wideout Will Atsu caught five passes for 107 yards. Left tackle Mario Washington had 11 pancakes to lead the blockers while left guard WIlliam Carter had nine pancakes and right guard Mitch Zango had seven pancakes. Left end Kazuki S. Biyik and defensive tackle Gabriel Takatori Idir each had two sacks to lead the defense.

"A very pedestrian performance but that's expected against my son and his team," said Coach Kaname after the game. "My son's done a really great job at the University of Texas, and even though they have been having a tough season, they've been fighting to keep my son employed as Austin, so I tip my hat off to the Longhorns for giving us a good game because this doesn't normally happen all that often."

Mitakihara improve to 11-0 and conclude their regular season next week against the North Carolina State Wolfpack.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Magia Day 2071 a day to remember for Atsu, seniors

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
November 10, 2071

Mitakihara Magi wide receiver Will Atsu is glad he chose to stay with Coach Tatsuya Kaname's ballclub after his first year on the team. It would have been so easy for him to leave campus for Alabama, like Sean Acheampong did years ago. Eve since Atsu committed to playing with the Magi, he has been a frequence starter and has been an instrumental cog in the Magi's 2069, 2070 and 2071 seasons as a pass blocker and receiver. Now Atsu will look to showcase his skills on Magia Day this Saturday against North Carolina State.

"I don't know, really, why I had the idea that I wasn't going to get enough playing time," said Atsu in an interview at the Madoka Cathedral. "I was told by Coach Kaname that I would start at least nine games, and I did. He's a guy that keeps his promises. Really, the only way that you would be screwing yourself is if you decide to transfer out and risk not being able to win a BCS championship, like I did the last three years.

"When I trust my coaches, and they follow through, and I do my job, everybody wins. So I've been working really hard to repay him for giving me the playing time I need to succeed because I have an aspiration of playing pro football and making a good living out of it. Most importantly, Coach Kaname stresses the importance of being a student and enjoying like as a college student. I've been doing lots of volunteer work in the offseason, along with service projects and even a humanitarian mission in Ghana, where my extended family is.

"When I get on the football field this Saturday, I know that I got a lot of Ghanaian-American friends and Ghanaian-Canadian supporters coming out to support me and cheer me on. I want to be able to help promote the sport in Ghana and become an ambassador to the game because there are some people who do like to get physical. Soccer is the sport of choice there, but I want to be able to promote American football in my traditional homeland of Ghana.

"All in all, I still think that I made the right decision to stick in our after my first year and trust Coach Kaname that I would get plenty of playing time. So I will do what I have to do to help my team finish the job and go 13-0. This is a team that allows players to get opportunities to deliver and I think the next group of players that step up will not regret being part of the Magi. We are the Best College Football Team in All of College Football for a reason, you know? We're just that good."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara roll past North Carolina State, 76-7

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
November 14, 2071

Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi finish the regular season unbeaten at 12-0 after steamrolling past the North Carolina State Wolfpack, 76-7, at Mitakihara Stadium in Mitakihara Town, B.C. This will be the last home game at Mitakihara Stadium, unless the newly renovated Sakura Bowl is in need of repairs again. Quarterback Russ Opare passed for 228 yards and a touchdown while rushing for 80 yards and another score to lead the Magi.

Halfback Kodaka Onodera ran for 191 yards and a touchdown, fullback Corey Addy rushed for 94 yards and three scores, fullback Isaac Nwofor ran for 107 yards and three majors in the fourth quarter and halfback Shannon Wright ran for 77 yards. Wide receiver Marcus Mba caught five passes for 65 yards, wideout Larry Igiebor caught four passes for 42 yards and wideout Will Atsu caught four passes for 39 yards.

Right guard Mitch Zango led the blockers with 20 pancakes. Left guard William Carter had 19 pancakes, left tackle Mario Washington had 18 pancakes, left guard Charles Sumaila had 11 pancakes and left tackle Jeremy Amoako had eight pancakes. Cornerback Henry Waris had six tackles and two interceptions, while middle linebacker Ernest Mackling had four tackles and a pick. Cornerback Marlon Boakye led the defense in tackling with eight tackles.

"Just because we are now 12-0 doesn't mean we are going to be guaranteed a spot in the national championship game," said Coach Kaname after the game. "There are a few other teams that can leapfrog ahead of us and Nebraska is still winning games. A lot needs to happen this month before we are certain we are going to be playing in New Orleans in January."

The Magi will now spend the next few weeks with intensified practices as they prepare for their bowl game. Scouts will be assigned to follow any potential opponents for Mitakihara.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Eru Oreki, the granddaughter of Eru Chitanda and daughter of Shoutarou Oreki.

"Eru treats me like a prince": Gabriel Idir

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
November 18, 2071

Eru Oreki, a freshman liberal arts major, is the granddaughter of Eru Chitanda—of who she was named after—and Houtarou Oreki, as well the daughter of Shoutarou Oreki and Maya Konno. Her grandfather was a former secondary coach for the Mitakihara Magi and her father used to play in the secondary for Coach Kaname's Magi in his college days. Eru resembles her grandmother in terms of eccentricity, curiousness and appearance and is the fiancee of Magi defensive tackle Gabriel Takatori Idir.

"Eru treats me a like a prince," said Idir after practice at Hakurei Centre. "Ever since she moved into my dorm room, we've been going out together, we've been studying together, we've been doing a lot of things together. She's on the cheer squad and wants to be a model one day, but she also wants to be a secretary or go into teaching. I like the fact that she wants to support whatever I do, and she stood up for me a lot of times when there people trying to get in our way.

"She sometimes worries me at times with her eccentric notions and out-of-the-box-thinking, but what I really like about her is her pedigree. Her father and grandfather were a part of my team years ago and for her, this is just like continuing the tradition of people in her family attending Mitakihara. It's astounding and I really appreciate it.

"The best part of gameday is the stuff after the game. If I'm on the road, I room with Eru at the team hotel, since the cheer team does room with us on road games. Or, if it's a home game, I head back to my dorm room and Eru is waiting for me. Eru and I love to engage in sweet talk, about classes, about sex, about why my dick needs to be a little bit longer so that she can really get it up, and the numerous positions partners can use to get more out of the other, and about classes and classmates again.

"Yeah, we talk about football, but I prefer to consummate after the game just to relax. Eru helps me relax, a lot. Everyone on the football team has a fiancee or a wife, so that's good. Some relationships are difficults, but ours has been smooth sailing. Like I said, Eru's my princess and I'm her prince, and we need to treat each other royally so that we can realize the possibilities. I just hope she doesn't get too curious with whatever she decides to be curious about."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

"It's nice to top the polls for once": Tatsuya Kaname

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
November 25, 2071

When Mitakihara Magi head football coach Tatsuya Kaname noticed that the Magi were at the top of the recent AP Poll at his office atop Hakurei Centre, the recent USA Today Coaches Poll and the recent BCS Rankings, he had to clap his hands before heading back down to the pink turf to oversee practice. Coach Kaname had a spring is his step as he relayed the news to the players and it had a profound impact on their practice.

The Magi have a majority of the first-place votes in the Coaches and AP polls; however, there are two teams that remain unbeaten. This week, the Alabama Crimson Tide clash with the Auburn Tigers in the Iron Bowl while the Navy Midshipmen take on East Carolina in a pivotal American Athletic Conference game. Scouts will be sent to both matches to evaluate Alabama and Navy until the end of conference championship week or until either one suffers their first defeat late in the season.

"It's nice to top the polls for once," Said Coach Kaname at the media conference following practice. "We had been in the shadow of Nebraska for a few week, and Virginia was even unbeaten as well, so there was a pack of five team. Well, now it's down to three, but the danger is still there. Both the Crimson Tide and the Middies are battling for the right to get crushed by us, and we don't mind. Joking aside, our scouts are going to be looking at two very good teams.

"Personally, I want us to face Alabama. We've had a long history of facing the Crimson Tide during our existence and we've had their number in just about every meeting. We love to take on the SEC and school them because we believe the SEC has the best footballing talent outside of us and it's always good to take some of the SEC schools to the cleaners. It's always a good when we face an SEC school. You all saw what happened when we faced Kentucky. Maybe it was our complacency or hubris in the way, but the Wildcats did not play like a one-win team. That was their bold game, and they gave us a fight. The SEC teams will always give opponents fits.

"Hikari Sakishima, I believe, is still the man in charge at Navy, and he continues to impress me with the way he's managed that program at Annapolis. It's amazing how he finds players that are committed to the military, yet have the size and skills to play at the next level. Those are no ordinary athletes Hikari develops over at the Naval Academy, and while I don't think he will be the team that we face, it just takes one slip-up by Bama and the Middies winning out, and everything changes."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Incredible finish at Sam Boyd Stadium on Senior Day. With 1:04 remaining in the game, an 80 yard bomb from Alex Brooks to James Wood gave @Travis7401 and 7-5 UNLV a huge, come-from-behind 49-48 win over @pavel and San Diego State. The Rebels are now bowl eligible. Wow.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

(left to right) Mio Akiyama, Azusa Nakano, Tsumugi Kotobuki, Ritsu Tainaka and Yui Hirasawa, the godparents of Mitakihara Magi linebackers coach Jeff Nakazawa. Hirasawa is a former Magi offensive coordinator.

"I Still Spread My Love Across The Country": Jeff Nakazawa

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
December 3, 2071

Once upon a time, Mitakihara Magi linebackers coach Jeff Nakazawa was one of the star linebackers of the early 2050s. Nowadays, the grandson of the girls of Japanese power pop band Hokago Tea Time is pacing the sidelines, coaching the next crop of linebackers, as he has done since 2065. Nakazawa is a little bit older, a little bit wiser, and now entering his 40s. He now has two sons: Ritch, named after one of his three grand-aunts, Ritsu; and Huey, an offensive lineman, named after Yui Hirasawa, one of his grandmothers. Both are in their second year at Mitakihara Secondary School.

"I still spread my love across the country, just like I did when I was a player," said Coach Nakazawa after practice at Hakurei Centre. "I attend coaching clinics on both sides of the border, I take part in workshops and conferences, I help promote the university at a number of events across Canada, and I do my part in giving back to the Mitakihara University Foundation.

"My role has changed a lot. Now I'm no longer a player. I'm now a staff member working for Coach Kaname and the other coaches. I learned that developing a game plan and having my linebackers carry it out is easier than it looks. I scrimmage the scout teams against the starters, I help set up tape sessions for players to review the performances of our opposition, and I also help Ms. Seara with the recruiting portions of running the team.

"I always keep in mind how my godparents from HTT ran things. They were so professional in setting up tours, autograph sessions, working with their manager, promoters and doing all the business stuff. They worked really hard to have a long career of producing and performing music and even through they have retired from the music business and are now pensioners in this city, they sometimes give me advice on how to conduct myself. They dote on me too much but they know that I can make the right decisions. I mean, I have a wife and two boys, and I'm grooming them to make it out on their own! Sometimes they don't listen, but I have to set them straight.

"What I like about Grandma Yui, Grandma Azusa, Great-Aunt Ritsu, Great-Aunt Mio and Great-Aunt Mugi is that they support the football team, especially Grandma Yui because she used to work with us. Among the five of them, she knows a lot about the sport. What I personally like about Grandma Yui is that she hates the excessive celebration rules. She feels that kids should have fun celebrating because this only happens a few years in their lives, and that's it. If it pisses off the other team, they should be motivated to get better and become more competitive. She feels those types of penalties should only come when punches are thrown and there is a brawl going on.

"My godparents are now in their late 70s, I don't know how much longer they're going to be with me. But they never drank or smoked or did drugs. And they always took care of their bodies. Sometimes when I am off from my work, I walk with them and chat about things not related to football. But we still talk about the team and linebackers in general. Last year, they all met one of my players, [middle linebacker] Ernest [Macklin] and that was the first-ever time they sampled tourtiere, because Ernest has a really good recipe for that pie. I see them rocking out into their 90s, and I think they can take care of themselves. So in the meantime, I will continue to spread my love across the country. I am coming. You know the tide is turning."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara football fans paying attention to Navy-Tulsa

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
December 10, 2071

For Mitakihara Magi football fans, there is but one game that the fans are paying close attention to, and that's the American Athletic Conference Championship Game between the Navy Midshipmen and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md. If Hikari Sakishima's Midshipmen win, they will face Tatsuya Kaname's Magi in the 2072 BCS National Championship Game in New Orleans, LA. If the Middies lose, it will be interesting to see who the selection committee takes.

"WE WANT NAVY! WE WANT NAVY!" chanted the students at the pep rally at Kirisame Pyramid yesterday, having already made up their minds. Banners of Madoka Kaname aiming an arrow at a goat with an N on his head were raised, as well as signs of "GO MAGI! BEAT NAVY!" being plasted all over campus.

"I think the Midshipmen have done well to make it this far without losing a game," said senior oceanography major Bob Skarr '72 of Hamilton, Ont. "But I think Tulsa have a really good chance to send shockwaves throughout the college football world. That's why we're paying very close attention to what's going on here. You never know..."

"I like facing Navy," said junior speech therapy major Anne Coughlin '73 of Burnaby, B.C. "Their head coach used to be an assistant here and he's brought the winning mentality to Annapolis. However, we got a streak going and we need to keep it going. But I do want the Magi to take on the Middies in New Orleans."

"I thought we were going to face Alabama or Nebraska but they tapered off, and Virginia, too," said sophomore history major Marcus Estrada '74 of Pasay City, Philippines. "I've been following American football since I was a kid, as well as college football, and I really wanted Mitakihara to face the Crimson Tide or the Huskers because they come from two of the conferences on the continent. So this was a surprise."

"If you ask me," said freshman liberal arts major Ashley Hetherington '75 of New Westminster, B.C., "it wouldn't matter who we face. As the new fight song goes, the Rose, Pink and White will win anyway. But I think we're gonna take on Navy in January. It's gonna be a good game but we got this one."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Akari Yomatsuri, the mother of Mitakihara Magi free safety Jack Arashi.

Men On A Mission: Madoka Magi Excited To Face Navy

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
December 28, 2071

As the end of 2071 nears, the men on Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi football team prepare for their biggest test yet: the 2072 BCS National Championship Game with the Navy Midshipmen. The last time the Midshipmen, now under the direction of Hikari Sakishima, won a national championship was back in 1926. That's 145 years ago. This is the first-ever time in over 140 that Navy will play in a game with thge national championship at stake. But the Magi have different plans.

Led by the versatility of Hamilton, Ont. quarterback Russ Opare and the leg drive and shiftness of freshman Kodaka Onodera, the Magi's option attack is not for the faint of heart. This is an option attack for real athletes looking to shine at the next level. The first and second-string offensive line are all All-Americans, and the pass-catching tandem of Will Atsu and Larry Igiebor are always dangerous.

In addition, one of the most powerful defenses in all of college football is ready to give Navy fits, led by a core of freshman including left end Kazuki S. Biyiki, right end Robin Kuroha Djemel, defensive tackle Gabriel Takatori Idir, free safety Jack Arashi and strong safety Daniel Manatsu. Mitakihara's vaunted defense leads all of college football in turnover ratio and the run defense is led by senior linebacker Ernest Macklin of Quebec City, Que.

"The freshman that start on this team are cogs that keep this team moving in the right direction," said Coach Kaname after practice at Yulman Stadium on the campus of Tulane University. "We've made great strides to recruit players that fit the Mitakihara way of playing and want to flourish in our style of football, which we feel is superior to any similar competitor out there. Kodaka, Gabriel, Robin, Kazuki, Jack and Daniel have delivered this season and are on the Freshman All-American team this year.

"We have another core of recruits that we picked up during out recruiting and even though we didn't all that we wanted, we did get our share and we have one more commit coming in during the offseason. So we're gonna have a blend of blue-chippers and working-class players coming to Madoka this fall, and we'll look to integrate them all into the system. But before all that, we have to finish our business with Navy and the players are looking forward to Jan. 6. They're men on a mission."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Targeting Penalties Repealed for 2072

By Enju Aihara

The Daily Magi
December 31, 2071

After the conclusion of the Special Conference of the National Collegiate Athletic Association in Miami, Fla., the NCAA has officially moved to repeal the Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Rule 9, Section 2) and Targeting (Rule 9, Section 1, Article 3, 4) penalties as mentioned in the 2071-72 Football Rule Book. The revised Football Rule Book will take effect starting with the 2072 college foootball season. The reasoning for this is that the rules have been unjustly enforced in situations where the penalties do not even exist and are enforced to deliberate influence the outcome of games.

"For the last 10 years, the Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Targeting penalties have been abussed by referees that officiating in all divisions," said Daniel Hong Cheong, a former right outside linebacker for the Mercyhurst Lakers and current head of the NCAA Football Rules Committee. "We feel that players should be allowed to celebrate big plays with their fans, and the opponents should use the taunting to improve the competitiveness of the game. So we're gonna let the players play and hit.

"Quite frankly, we're sick and tired of people calling us a soft society when it comes to the game of football. So we're going to ensure that the game is played the way the players want to play. We want to bring back the good ol' days of college football, where the players were nasty, the players were means, but they were good sports after all was said and done. The football played by our forefathers was not for the faint-of-heart. We're gonna allow the head slap and the really dirty tackling that made the game of the past what it was.

"Football, as we all should know by now—if not, you're not from here—is not a game for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of durability, pride, and the mentality of a warrior with little room for mercy. Hopefully with a loosening of the rules, we'll see the quality of play improve starting next season."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Mitakihara win 58th National Championship with 94-40 win over Navy

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
January 6, 2071

Tatsuya Kaname's Mitakihara Magi are champions of college football once again after a 94-40 shootout win over Hikari Sakishima's Navy Midshipmen in the 2072 BCS National Championship Game at the Louisiana SuperDome in New Orleans, La. Quarterback Russ Opare passed for 103 yards and two touchdowns while rushing for 298 yards and three more scxores to lead the Magi to their 58th National Championship.

Halfback Kodaka Onodera ran for 227 yards and two touchdowns, fullback Corey Addy ran for 220 yards and three scores, halfback Drew Childs ran for 101 yards and a major, and both fullback Isaac Nwofor and halfback Shannon Wright also scored a touchdown on the ground. Wide receiver Will Atsu caught a 54-yard pass for a score while leading the blockers with 28 pancakes. Left tackle Mario Washington had 11 pancakes, wideout Larry Igiebor had nine pancakes and left guard William Carter had six pancakes.

Middle linebacker Ernest Macklin led a steady defensive effort with 17 tackles and two interceptions, while cornerback Henry Waris had 11 tackles and right outside linebacker Josiah Cofie had 10 tackles and a sack. Strong safety Daniel Manatsu had a pick, while left end Kazuki S. Biyik closed off a strong freshman campaign with six tackles and five sacks.

"This is an awesome corps of guys that came to this program looking for a national championship and they got it done," said Coach Kaname after the game. "You can see it in their eyes, they were hungry to defend their Pentagram. This victory is dedicated to our students, our fans, our alumni and parents, our faculty and administration, and all of Canada for getting behind us this season, as they have always had done for the past six decades. We thank you all and we'll be coming back home to the island soon."

Mitakihara close out their season at 13-0.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Tatsuya Kaname rewrites those record books once more

By Enju Aihara
The Daily Magi
January 8, 2071

The Quest for 800 is over. With the victory over West Virginia, Mitakihara Magi head football coach Tatsuya Kaname is the first-ever college football coach to reacxh 800 win in his career. Coach Kaname owns the records for longest win streak, national gtitles, bowl victories, career victories, bowl appearannces, games coaches and years at a school. In addition, Coach Kaname is the first to reach 60 bowl appearances and 60 bowl victories, never losing a single national championship game or bowl game.

"It's great to finish the season with more history being made but this isn't about me," said Coach Kaname via phone interview at his home in Mitakihara Town, B.C. "It's about the players and my coaching staff for being consistent and playing the type of football our fans want to see. We now have three decades of unbeaten seasons and we are hoping to add more victories to the docket next year."

A major question for Coach Kaname is whether or not he will return in 2073. He has said previously that 2072 will be his final year as head coach, and already there are calls for him to remain the boss of the Magi for a few years more. However, there are those who are prepared for a transition season in 2072, and already assistant coaches across the land are inquiring about the position. The 2072 Mitakihara Magi football schedule will be finalized at a later date.

Tatsuya Kaname
Coaching Career - Longest Win Streak 558
Coaching Career - National Titles 58
Coaching Career - Bowl Victories 60
Coaching Career - Career Victories 812
Coaching Career - Bowl Appearances 60
Coaching Career - Games Coached 819
Coaching Career - Years at a School 61

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Coaching Changes On The Way At Mitakihara

By Stephanie Dora

The Daily Magi
January 14, 2072

Mitakihhara Magi head football coach Tatsuya Kaname will be shuffling his lineup a bit this offseason. Magi offensive coordinator Haruyuki Arita was named the head coach at Virginia Tech. Replacing Arita as offensive coordinator is former offensive line coach Andrew Coley Farina, who will be replaced at his old position by former sprint football offensive line coach Brian Dobbin, who will in turn be replaced at his position by recent graduate Bryson Soriola.

Former Magi cornerback Henry Waris will be the graduate assistant for the football team, while former Magi quarterback B.J. Inkoom will be the graduate assistant for the spring football team. Defensive coordinator Harutora Tsuchimikado has also left Mitakihara and will be coaching at Pittsburgh.

Former linebackers coach Jeff Nakazawa will be taking over as defensive coordinator, while former spring football defensive coordinator Thomas Pittman takes over as linebackers coach. Keith Onazi will be the defensive coordinator for the sprint football team, while former Magi left outside linebacker Joey Agyemang Badu takes over as sprint football linebackers coach.

"It's never good to lose players like this," said Coach Kaname to the Daily Magi following the press conference regarding the moves, "but life goes on and you have to roll with the punches and deal with your personnel moving on to greener pastures. The good thing out of this is that we were able to keep [wide receiver] Chris Babatunde here next season, and [kicker] Quincy [Adiyiah] and [punter] Chris Dauda and [left guard] Charles [Sumaila] will be coming back to wrap up their careers, so we're glad the four of them will be returning in 2072."

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

"...And now I can finally light up a cigarette for once." -Tatsuya Kaname

Breaking News: Tatsuya Kaname to retire after 61 seasons as Mitakihara Magi Head Football Coach

By Stephanie Dora

The Daily Magi
February 1, 2072

Many people in Mitakihara Town, B.C. thought that the 2072 college football season would be the final season for Mitakihara Magi head football coach Tatsuya Kaname. Those people were wrong. Today, Coach Kaname, at the age of 75, retired from coaching the game of football at an emotional press conference at Hakurei Centre. Students came in droves to the press conferences, holding up signs saying, "Thank You Coach Kaname!", "We Will Miss You!" and "Our Eternal Coach!"

The winningest college football coach that ever lived tried to hold back tears as he contemplated on a long career dating back to 2011. He was only 14 when he took the position of head football coach. Now he is a proud great-grandfather, grandfather and father. His son, Akiyuki, a longtime head coach of the University of Texas will take over the team effective immediately, but the current coaching staff will remain on board. One of his daughters, Honoka, is the current chancellor of the university.

"I realized," said Coach Kaname to the press, "that the time has finally come for me to say goodbye to coaching the game I loved for so long. It's really tough for me to leave this university on a winning note and realize that my victory over Navy is the final game I ever coached. However, [Dr.] Madoka [Kaname] and [Dr.] Homura [Akemi] told me that I have done enough coaching the game, and my daughter Honoka, the chancellor of this school, told me I would retire with full benefits.

"So now I get to leave this place as a pensioner with the others at home. And now I can finally light up a cigarette for once. It's funny how everything has changed after six decades. We used to be a school just trying to survive, just trying to be relevant. Now look at us now. We've grown up a lot. Now we are one of the greatest young universities in Canada with one of the best collegiate athletics and intramurals programs in the world.

"I consider it a privilege to have been a part of the Magi football program as your head coach. But now, I leave this place with my head high and with no regrets. My son Akiyuki has been groomed for many years to take my place as the Magi football team's head coach, and now he finally gets his show, He will do a fantastic job continuing the tradition that was started six decades ago.

"I will keep in touch with the players now and then but starting today, I will support this team from the stands, and perhaps from my own house if I can't make it to the games. I don't know how much I have left to live on this earth, but I will live every day like it's that day when I take the elevator to heaven with all those I love. This university, this place born out of a heartfelt wish by my sister, is a place worth dying for, and I wish to be buried here with those who are near to my heart.

"Thank you, Mitakihara University, for being a part of my life that can never be taken away from me, even in death. Farewell to you all, and as always...you are not alone."

Coach Kaname retires from the game of football with a record of 812-7. He has one of the most formidable winning percentages in all of college football, if not the most ever: .991, far superior to Notre Dame legend Knute Rockne's .881. The Magi open up the 2072 season in late August under Coach Akiyuki on the road against Notre Dame in a battle of No. 1 vs. No. 2.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Time for some reel talk. As the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

The Mitakihara Magi Dynasty essentially finished with the 2071 season reaching its conclusion. That 94-40 victory over Navy in the 2072 BCS Championship Game was the last game Coach Kaname ever coached because I could not play the 2072 season on NCAA Football 14. This game only allows players to play from the 2013 season all the way to 2072. After two years, three months and 27 days of simming and storytelling, the Mitakihara Magi Dynasty concludes its run the the offseason and the handoff of the reins of head coach to the son of the Kaname siblings.

The promo for the Magia Day 2072 game, if this was able to be simmed.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed I could not complete the 60th season. Apparently, the 60th season is not playable. I can only play 59 seasons on NCAA 14. So I'm starting to learn more about the limitations of this game and how long I am allowed to play dynasty mode. If this game comes back (which I am sure will happen), I will keep this in mind.

For me, Puella Magi Madoka Magica was a show that left a massive impact on me. It was a heartfelt tale of friendship, but mostly about love and growing up and taking risks to save those you love, even though the drawbacks will be there. This was the case of the Rebellion Story, if you paid attention to what happened. As of this writing, it is not known whether or not Homura Akemi's actions against Madoka irreparably jeopardized her standing in the 2ch community. My guess is that it has, but you never know with these voters in Japan. Stay tuned on my sister blog, theBedlam on Baltic Avenue, for extensive coverage of the 2014 2ch Anime Saimoe Tournament this summer.

Madoka Magica was the inspiration behind this Mitakihara Magi Dynasty, and to finally conclude it on a winning note and to study how teams at their maximum levels can dominate opponents and test the scoreboard at will is a project that I will put as a feather in my cap. This was so much fun to cover, and I'm a bit sad to know that it's a done deal. What I plan to do with this blog is to use it as an archive on games played in this dynasty, and I also plan to go back to Avid Dynasty Manager some time in the future to reconcile some statistics, since I originally used Avid Manager to back up my stats.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for following this dynasty, but keep checking in to my dynasty site MitakiharaMagi.com and perhaps this thread for reflections from former players on events that have happened, as well as maybe some other stats that pop up if I am able to use Avid Manager successfully again. Go Magi! You Are Not Alone!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Dang man, sorry to hear that you can't actually play the 60th season :( Oh EA. This is the most impressive dynasty I've ever followed, and I'm glad I was able to put aside some of my preconceived notions about the theme and outlandish scores in order to appreciate your work. This dynasty helped me get through many a boring work morning! Thanks again for including Corch Travis as well.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dang man, sorry to hear that you can't actually play the 60th season :( Oh EA. This is the most impressive dynasty I've ever followed, and I'm glad I was able to put aside some of my preconceived notions about the theme and outlandish scores in order to appreciate your work. This dynasty helped me get through many a boring work morning! Thanks again for including Corch Travis as well.
It's like EA doesn't know how to fucking count. 2072 was supposed to be my last season and I can't even go into Week 1. Sigh! Looks like I will work on the Pony Dynasty, then.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
What a great accomplishment of perseverance. The most seasons I have ever made it with a dynasty was 15 years with West Virginia on NCAA 2011 I believe. And that was without all the trappings of writing up game stories and the narrative part. This is a great example, motivation and inspiration to me in my Astronaut High dynasty. Now that I know you can go 59 seasons it gives me the foresight in planning the career of Coach Mack.

Thank you Hachiko.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Well done, sir. Well done.

although I did suggest the reinvention of restarting the dynasty from the beginning....just transfer over players, etc. but I'd understand if this is closure for you.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Well done, sir. Well done.

although I did suggest the reinvention of restarting the dynasty from the beginning....just transfer over players, etc. but I'd understand if this is closure for you.
Two years and change of work! I kinda shed a tear after calling this a dynasty. Transferring over players and restarting would kill this dynasty if I did that.

What a great accomplishment of perseverance. The most seasons I have ever made it with a dynasty was 15 years with West Virginia on NCAA 2011 I believe. And that was without all the trappings of writing up game stories and the narrative part. This is a great example, motivation and inspiration to me in my Astronaut High dynasty. Now that I know you can go 59 seasons it gives me the foresight in planning the career of Coach Mack.

Thank you Hachiko.
All right mak, I'll be sure to keep tabs of your dynasty as well. I am updating the Pony Conference dynasty, though, so take a look at that.