• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Gooksta's 2044 WBL Draft Grades

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Extremely Hard. I was told if I offered his demand he would sign and he didn't. Looking at forums, apparently that changed in OOTP16 to where players are harder to sign than they used to be and you should not negotiate with "Extremely Hard" and offer them exactly what they want (or a little more if you aren't going to have chance for negotiations). There is a chance that I dicked this up because it was my first draft too, because I did "suggest" a lower term first before meeting demand and exporting. I really did want to sign the guy, so I recommend just hitting the "meet demand" button right off.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I shant be trolled any longer, it is impossible by every measure to have more than one comp pick per round and now that you know that and continue with this it is obvious this is just to annoy wolf or something. I lol'd at your "bear with me" part though, that 18+18 is less than 22 made me laugh

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Travis you tall, but you're really little. And you're old. Yo, this meeting is over. Y'all motherfuckers get out of my place

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Travis didn't realize it was one per round, not one period.

I would be be fine turning off comp picks. I really don't care about the second round, but there shouldn't be any comp picks in the first.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I didnt read his novels because he dionned at me without knowing what he was tom bout. Aint nobody got time for that. Ask what the rule is before you start throwing your freshly baked cookies around.

Wolfman21

I shant be trolled any longer, it is impossible by every measure to have more than one comp pick per round and now that you know that and continue with this it is obvious this is just to annoy wolf or something. I lol'd at your "bear with me" part though, that 18+18 is less than 22 made me laugh

nothing annoys me with this place anymore. You've gotta take everything and everyone with a grain assault or you'll just always be mad

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Comp picks should be off, but what about Travis' pick where he offered what was asked and then the guy didn't sign? He only had one shot at him, and did what would normally get the jerb done. It just didn't work out that way.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The draft just takes way too long with them. I can add in comp picks where necessary if a guy flips from very hard to impossible. Ive had that happen to me at some point, but 29 picks in a round is ridiculous. Bout to just auto this draft

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Comp picks should be off, but what about Travis' pick where he offered what was asked and then the guy didn't sign? He only had one shot at him, and did what would normally get the jerb done. It just didn't work out that way.
Right we'd have to have some honor system that people can resort to. The chances of either happening are rare and i can verify the impossible tag.

If travis actually offered demand and the guy didnt sign it will be the first time ive ever heard of that happening which is concerning. Makes our set up worse

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Like I said doe, I initially tried to " suggest" a lower amount before osick told me there was no SIM to negotiate, so I should just offer full demand, which I did. I'm guessing my initial "suggestion" still registered and triggered him to be offended even though I ended up suggesting what he asked for.

I looked at OOTP forums and the consensus was "meet demand" works for extremely hard. And that "impossible" really means offer 50% more than demand and there is at least a chance they sign.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Like I said doe, I initially tried to " suggest" a lower amount before osick told me there was no SIM to negotiate, so I should just offer full demand, which I did. I'm guessing my initial "suggestion" still registered and triggered him to be offended even though I ended up suggesting what he asked for.

I looked at OOTP forums and the consensus was "meet demand" works for extremely hard. And that "impossible" really means offer 50% more than demand and there is at least a chance they sign.
Yeah ive really never come across a non impossible guy not signing for demand. If you guys want more time to sign guys we can do that. I'll change anything relating to the game if the league wants it.

Past knowledge says that you only get one chance with hard or very hard signability anyway though, if they dont like your first offer they wont negotiate anymore. Normal you get one mess up i think, and easy/veryeasy you get 2-3

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

I never said 18+18 was less than 22, I said there were too many comp picks. I was misunderstood about it being "one per round per team" but there are STILL too many comp picks. There were 11 unsigned 2nd round picks. You had 3 of them, meaning there were only 9 teams that didn't sign a 2nd round pick... That means there should be a max of 9 comp picks max. That would mean there should be a max of 27 picks in the 2nd round. There are 11 comp picks and 29 total picks. PLZ explain. I mean go look at the draft order if you don't believe me. Each team that has a compensatory pick ended up with 2, except for Amsterdam who will have 4 picks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also @Travis7401 i dont do pick trades in game until the draft so it's easier at that point (since some picks get traded multiple times and you can only trade them ingame once). Idk how osick has been doing it but anybody with two picks in a round has a comp pick.

I am worried about the signability thing though because i offer demand to every pick within reason, i remember one or two being impossible but i dont even look at the signability after the first round unless i like the player.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I never said 18+18 was less than 22, I said there were too many comp picks. I was misunderstood about it being "one per round per team" but there are STILL too many comp picks. There were 11 unsigned 2nd round picks. You had 3 of them, meaning there were only 9 teams that didn't sign a 2nd round pick... That means there should be a max of 9 comp picks max. That would mean there should be a max of 27 picks in the 2nd round. There are 11 comp picks and 29 total picks. PLZ explain. I mean go look at the draft order if you don't believe me. Each team that has a compensatory pick ended up with 2, except for Amsterdam who will have 4 picks.
Im guessing the team i traded with got a comp pick from me not signing them :laughing:

This is why we end comp picks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think this will be one of the most important drafts honestly, because a good chunk of players that probably should have been in the draft pool last year, plus all the guys we failed to sign, are in this pool. It is going to be deep through 3 rounds at least even with the long rounds.

I still think we can do everything in one sim, but we should just make sure everyone is aware/ready/exported with their offers this time because it seems like a few of us mongs either weren't ready or didn't understand and that just created a mess. I also think the default not having a compensatory pick is a good stance, with fair warning that you shouldn't draft an "impossible to sign" player. If something weird happens and you want a comp pick, then just explain and request.

Like for me I honestly realize I just monged my pick up by not understanding how the system work and I prolly shouldn't be rewarded for that, lol.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yes you should because you didn't know. New guys get a pass from me on a wide variety of things. Ive cancelled contracts, reset cash, done alot of things for new guys who mess up unintentionally. Or at least act like it was unintentional.

I seriously put walls of red text in the largest font in threads and put what we're doing in the thread titles. Idk what else we can do. Everybody give me their cell so I can group text?

If you dont export on signing day i sign for you. So that isnt an issue. I signed basically all of Reel's classes. There would be no fred or desi if reel was left to sign them

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
2-7
2-14
2-15
2-25 (lol)
Well that's new. I retract my trog accusations, my bad. The comp pick never was attached to the actual traded pick in the past. If you can decipher what that means.. I really dont know how to say it better. Ive traded for firsts that i couldnt sign and just lost the pick, ive never been rewarded one.

Good news is that we now only have 26 picks in the second now.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
and like you said, I'm guessing you had received those other picks from trades so they didn't register as "your" pick?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And honestly I only started this conversation because I thought it was hilarious that it turned out that Wolfman wasn't even in the top half of the "offenders" :laughing:

I still think he cheated doe.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
and like you said, I'm guessing you had received those other picks from trades so they didn't register as "your" pick?
Shit, yeah because i dont trade them in game anymore and use the website they register as mine when the draft gets imported.

I really dont remember last draft but i might have just not signed one or two because I'd rather throw the pick away than have them on my team. I guess since i didnt pass on any guys in round 1-3 in so long i had no idea how comp picks were attached.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Traded picks arent supposed to have comp picks, if that engineer mind of yours can go through and figure out what's what in at least the first im sure we can weed out some of these. I just dont want to, maybe I'll check it out tomorrow

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Traded picks arent supposed to have comp picks, if that engineer mind of yours can go through and figure out what's what in at least the first im sure we can weed out some of these. I just dont want to, maybe I'll check it out tomorrow

So each team gets 1 comp pick per round right?

If that is the case, then your 2 extra comp picks were the only obvious ones (multiple comp picks per round). I'm not sure how to check if any of the others had been from trades.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So each team gets 1 comp pick per round right?

If that is the case, then your 2 extra comp picks were the only obvious ones (multiple comp picks per round). I'm not sure how to check if any of the others had been from trades.
Well kind of. That's how it should work, but now it's more "each pick gets a comp pick if player is not signed". You can see where teams picked, the comp picks will be one pick back from that spot. If you dont sign the 1-8, you get a 1-9 comp next year.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah, I just trolled through the C prospects until I found one with good infield ratings. He'd make for the best of the bunch, probably.
Check out John Larking on my WBL team. He could probably play anywhere but SS or CF (maybe 3B too)... with enough games I bet he'd be a 55+ any of those places. The CPU puts him in positions other than C a bit. I tried to lock him in as "C only" but he still moves around a bit. In 2.5 years, 8 games in the OF and 25 in the IF.

Re: the draft and comp picks a few things...

The last two years we've only had one sim to sign guys. It's leading to a significant rise in the number of comp picks. I failed to signed a guy I really wanted last draft (late 2nd round IIRC) then he went top 10 this last drat. It's just the way it is.

The game follows the new CBA (2011 or 12?) rules when it comes to the draft. You get that comp pick and the chance to sign it for two years (it was one but that gave too much leverage to the players) until you lose it. I think it's a fair rule. I believe too it's just the top 3 rounds in the game and IRL.

HOWEVER to get the comp pick you have to give an offer "in good faith" or something like that. You can't draft a guy then offer him $100 and tell him to fuck off because you want the pick the next year. The only exception is if someone fails a physical like Brady Aiken allegedly did or I believe Shane Loux was a guy who did a few years ago. So if someone like wolf cheats just doesn't offer the dude (or offers him shit) and if it's possible to see in the game, IMO they shouldn't get the pick.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I definitely don't think the good faith rule is in OOTP, which means it doesn't work for us.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Our good faith rule means everyone should sign since that's what happens when you mean demands haha. At least for the first round.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm fine with turning off comp picks after this year. We get to see who is "impossible" to sign.

Gooksta

who cares about 2nd round comp picks? the talent disparity is null.. why is this even being talked about? :Dizzy:

I give up a fringe prospect to draft another one next year.. woopty doo