• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 14 General discussion

Snorky's Shame

You have to start over.

Running with Catalan NT right minus Xavi.

Once I get Xavi, I'll start building the Basque NT. Already have Javi Martinez and Llorente.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
IT's punishment for playing FUT

sois

Dammit, starting over sucks!

Oh well, next season I will have a different strategy. I will use the players I started with and see how far I can get with them. I was thinking of doing a "buy packs" only challenge, no buying players.

fonzilla

Dammit, starting over sucks!

Oh well, next season I will have a different strategy. I will use the players I started with and see how far I can get with them. I was thinking of doing a "buy packs" only challenge, no buying players.
Are you married to the idea of a Spanish team only?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That makes me want to make the German-American national team next year when Green gets a card. I think the year to year turnover makes it interesting at the least. Last year I had an awesome Moroccan hybrid with Belhanda, but he left for Kiev and I decide to go elsewhere this year.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
When he and Giroud were on Montpellier the year before they were a great troll team

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
I really haven't found a team I truly like on FUT14. There's been some decent teams but I haven't found any team as good as some of the ones I built last year. On FUT13 I had a lot of success with this team

0b4b31daeb870f5bd66dbb8d0979978a.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Team looks like it'd still be good.

I currently have:
Lewa
Guardado-Gundo-Kuba
Sahin Mkhtaryan
Alaba Dante Hummels Lukasz
Adler

And I keep fiddling with making a turkish hybrid including Gundogan, but it hasn't worked out well yet.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Mkhitaryan at CDM? How does that work out?

Also I would rebuild that team, but they changed the links for 41212 and Benzema would get 7 chem because they changed the value of nationality links for chem.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It works out well, I suppose. I bought Gundo and Mkh position swapped but they were fairly cheaper because of it. Two pretty similar players. Admiteddly that team is heavily Dortmund and not overtly creative, but I got Lewa and Alaba in packs so I just went with it. Elia and the Hamburg version of Ola John are really good subs at LM.

sois

Are you married to the idea of a Spanish team only?

Not next season. I will use the dudes that I get in the first pack. This season I got some awesomly-named dudes in my first pack: Tootle, Assombalonga, Murikhin. They are still on my team, just on the bench.

This season, I only have dudes on my team if I know who they are, which isn't much. The only team I watch on TV is Barcelona.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I am falling like a rock in ps3 seasons to sprint-crossers and turbo-collision-defense. Over it.

I love how the "no detail about the ps4 version review" is now a meme. Fuck y'all :emo:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I still own a PS3 so I can still sabotage clerbs.

Only played a couple of games. I definitely concur that it seems like EA just packed it in with the PS3 version and put it all into PS4. Presentation is a lot better (if that matters to any of you'll), but the play is a bit slower and sprint-cross is a bit less viable. Will see if I can put more of it into words.

I also like the convex controller a lot better, but that may be because I used to have a 360

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It plays pretty similar to Fifa 13 Pavel. Speed and through balls seem to be the strategy since headers are not as easy as they are on PS3. The grounded through ball still freezes defenders a lot of times like it did on PS3, so people just put Ronaldo at ST and send 100 grounded through balls from the CBs.

fonzilla

ebuzyne4.jpg
Well this is the team I managed to build with 10k. Which was just Cavani and Lucas. All the rest are from players I already had.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Winged, you should look at selling ur coins, you'd be surprised at how much they go for. I've made $150 in the last two FUT seasons just selling all my coins when I get bored of playing that mode. Paid for FIFA14 and a good chunk of the new board software. Just make a faux paypal account that isn't tied to any of your real info and there is no way to get scammed (beyond them not sending you money). You can then transfer from fake paypall account to real paypall account or whatever.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Winged, you should look at selling ur coins, you'd be surprised at how much they go for. I've made $150 in the last two FUT seasons just selling all my coins when I get bored of playing that mode. Paid for FIFA14 and a good chunk of the new board software. Just make a faux paypal account that isn't tied to any of your real info and there is no way to get scammed (beyond them not sending you money). You can then transfer from fake paypall account to real paypall account or whatever.

Or just give me the coins. :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Did you know that Ya'll is actually being pushed as "inclusive language" now? I mocked someone for it the other day and got a lecture for my troubles. Apparently it is the new thing to say for people who get offended by phrases like "HEEYYY YOU GUUYYYS" not being gender neutral.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

It's the plural of you. All foreign languages I have studied use a different word for the 2nd person plural and singular.

The Southern American dialect evolved the ambiguous 2nd person in English to distinguish the plural from the singular. Languages are constantly evolving, and the word "yall" serves a clear purpose.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I murdered some dude using Flamengo 5-0 last night and the first 4 goals were all within 30 minutes of each other and each one a beauty. It was amaze.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Enjoying FIFA thoroughly. After struggling through division 10 and having to win my last match for promotion, I uncorked 5 straight wins with Belgium. The run was capped with a win over the stinking Brazilians to win a division 9 title. Division 8 here I come.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Love when I play some guy named Adam35644379453794. If that isn't a PSN name you choose after having ur original one banned I don't know what is, lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Man I've had some fun the past 2 nights.

These were all scored within ~30 of each other.

Benteke doe: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/188281577
Gabby 1: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/188281605
Gabby 2, while being raped: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/188281694

This is the most absurd goal I've had in a while, Albrighton full volley on a 50 yard ball: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/188281781

Last night I played another Brazilian (I am with Shats and Yankee and the poors) and he kept sprinting his keeper out to scare me.

It didn't work: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/188334308

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I have both systems :thumbsup: Going to have to drop down for the WC game of course. I wish I could play more seasons up here, but the lag has gotten worse since our Clubs playing days.

That meg goal was awesome haha