• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 14 General discussion

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They are seriously too poor. Ps3 is the official system of the "emerging" economy

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
God bless disposable income. So tempted.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gameplay isn't that much better, although I obviously haven't played clubs. The speed of booting up the game, the menus, etc. make it worth it. If you have an extra system to trade in, go for it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
How much will I get for a 360 I never use?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
hmm, I have played a ton with Orlando, and am inclined to believe his take. What is better, Chase and Winged? If sprint+cross+super smash bros pressing defense is still in play its meh to me.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Those sprint cross pubers are horrible. I dispatch them on the reg

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I am just so sick of the programmed defenders that you can't move because they are stuck in animations or who drift back to the center of the field when not user-controlled, when you know after 2-3 minutes what kind of game its going to be.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Headers are less automatic on PS4, so sprint cross doesn't work quite as well. Seems like players just try to beat you with speed and crashing into you for lucky bounces.

I have had a lot more shots sail wide or over the bar though.

Have be not played offline.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
For sprint cross pubers I literally just manually control the fullback and stick him in the way. Sometimes I'll let the guy go to the damn corner flag and launch a cross in if he wants, usually it takes him so long to get out there that my defenders and DMs have filled in in the box.

Chase

I am just so sick of the programmed defenders that you can't move because they are stuck in animations or who drift back to the center of the field when not user-controlled, when you know after 2-3 minutes what kind of game its going to be.

That's what makes the game on PS4 much better, don't really feel the are defenders are programmed and they go where you want them to. I've seen a lot less sprint/cross/header but I've played less than 10 games online and everyone is using BPL teams.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sprint crossers are terrible
9HigUBl.jpeg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
None of the Brazilians knows how to actually use the Brazilian teams. Trying to steam up the flank with Pato or Ronaldinho and fire in a cross. I just force them to the corner flag and they do something dumb and turn the ball over or they launch an off balance cross 40 yards back to the penalty spot and I have them overwhelmed or it is a horrendous cross.

Not to mention Ronnie and Pato's strengths aren't exactly speed and crossing :laughing:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
a brazillian puber with 80%+ passing? Now I've seen everything

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
that's more like it. I have also noticed that pubers seem to have 2-3x more tackles than me, since the game scores "sprint to space and crash into the guy with the ball" as a tackle

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Defends are definitely still programmed to just wander out of the way when a cross is sent in :laughing:

sois

Why not just play with Barcelona? That's 2/3 of your team.

I can't afford Messi and Neymar. I only know Barcelona players because one of my foreign exchange kids is from there and forces me to watch soccer. The other one is from Austria, that's why I had to get Alaba. These players are about 95% of all the soccer players I know.

sois

Why not Pedro and Jordi Alba?

I change teams pretty regularly. Here's the team I currently have.

febbf6cf23a4d6b4109ed478673af6b2.png

I know Griezmann, he's pretty cool. Nasri and Benzema I also recognize. I don't know anyone else on this team. I don't use Jordi because I have Alaba. I rotate them for sure. I have Bojan in because I'm stuck in the 2nd division and I play in the league Ajax is in. I have to have two foreigners from that league.

sois

Alaba has terrible chemistry, though.

I can still make it 100 if I put in Fernando Torres. Does it matter if a player has bad individual chemistry if the whole team has 100 chemistry?

I have Javi Martinez and Thiago and some spanish CB (Alvaro Dominguez?) just in case I need to get orange lines.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Best Austrians are Weimann and Arnautovic.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
I can still make it 100 if I put in Fernando Torres. Does it matter if a player has bad individual chemistry if the whole team has 100 chemistry?

I have Javi Martinez and Thiago and some spanish CB (Alvaro Dominguez?) just in case I need to get orange lines.

I don't know. Me personally I like having all my players on 9 chem but if you feel Alaba plays fine for you then leave him in there.

DanishDonut0

show-off

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=fbsia4RpbtLP:360

Not sure if that's working, but I love playing with that team. Just realized I don't have a manager. Dzeko and Salihovic just blast 40 yard goals on the regular. Bunoza is a 6'5" LB and the rest are relatively tall, don't think I've ever allowed a header goal in the run of play. Still need to add some chemistry styles, which I don't know too much about.

Sois you're on xbox correct? We'll have to get some games in

sois

show-off

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=fbsia4RpbtLP:360

Not sure if that's working, but I love playing with that team. Just realized I don't have a manager. Dzeko and Salihovic just blast 40 yard goals on the regular. Bunoza is a 6'5" LB and the rest are relatively tall, don't think I've ever allowed a header goal in the run of play. Still need to add some chemistry styles, which I don't know too much about.

Sois you're on xbox correct? We'll have to get some games in

Yeah, XBOX. I sent you a 99 game contract the other day.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Got to d2 and lost my last 3 games, 2 on crosses from the corner flag. Fffuu my plan backfired

fonzilla

So what league are your squads based out of? Last yr I was strictly Bundesliga because not many people were using that league. This year I am rolling with a Serie A team with Gomez as my striker in a 4-3-2-1.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
So what league are your squads based out of? Last yr I was strictly Bundesliga because not many people were using that league. This year I am rolling with a Serie A team with Gomez as my striker in a 4-3-2-1.

Mine are always with multiple leagues because I think those squads are cooler to build.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Got any tips on working with chemistry? I would like a hybrid Serie A and SPL squad

FUTHead.com is great for builidng squads to see if the chemistry works. If you can give me a budget for the team I can probably put something together pretty easily for you.

DanishDonut0

I remember playing on 12 I think, and you used semi auto passing.

You know I haven't messed with settings much this year because I haven't played as much as I have in the past. But I used to do semi auto passing and now I've played about 5 games in Fifa14 with semiauto and I'll never go back to assisted. I realized when on assisted it either goes directly to your player or the opponent, which is huge if you're playing someone good. They can read your passes and anticipate where it will automatically go but now, for example when passing in the midfield I can lead the player back a little, like a backward through ball, and resets things. Passing around the backline is a little risky and so is passing back to the keeper, almost scored on myself. I'd recommend giving it a shot, it gives you more control of the game.

sois

Now I will need a new CB and Goalie since Puyol and Valdes are leaving. I used Varane once, he was good. Also, I got ter Stegen.

Doe I get to use these same dudes on Fifa15 or will I have to start over?