• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Feeder League Discussion

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
And there lies the risk. Will we end up with owner #0?

I know you guys are skeptical and mad at gator but I really think he would be in for the long haul barring some huge life change. That's true for all of us though. Bdub is probably the riskiest since schauwn left due to a bunch of work changes. Life events can't be controlled, so that's always a possibility.

Another thing is leach and Orlando are both pregnant, so kids are coming. Rad did it, but still.

I'll give my thoughts on expansion later, but I lean towards it
Who is mad at Gator? I like Gator, I just think it's humorous how everyone keeps getting his hopes up for getting a team only to shut them down.

Also didn't know you were going to have a babby Qual, congrats

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Anybody going to be around this afternoon? If it works I want to upload and let someone rummage around and check it out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Whoever tests with you should set up a new save for it. OOTP gets weird when you try to go back in time.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
feeder leagues are sick. Can extend draft pool release much longer than 75 days. Not that we really need that much longer to draft, but we can add a few weeks on to it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So a couple of preliminary notes as of 2050.

The WBL hasn't died.
Feeders are pretty awesome, guys transfer from HS to college if they aren't ready and some guys will have 6 years of stats.
I set up feeders so that we have 17-18 and 20-21 year olds in the draft.
Feeder league seasons run in our off-season. This is done so that we don't have 5 leagues simming games simultaneously and my processor doesn't have to die.

So the schedule looks like this

April-October WBL season
November 1 to end of January is College/HS season.
Feb preseason with draft pool/IFA release like always.
We can make the draft later if we want to now that we have 3+ years of stats to look at in the later rounds.

I'm thinking about doing Oct 1 as the feeder start date so that we can keep the draft early so we don't cut new prospects' time short for the minor league season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Did Buffalo ever win the ship?

:laughing:

A6Dg8AQ.png

If this isn't the tightest shit you've ever seen then get out of my face

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Cool thing is they get hurt too, so it is a full development process that you can watch.

Side note on expansion, if we do it we will have to give them comp picks the first two years and put them high in the draft the first year. They are so bad, even with the AI spending a metric shit ton in FA.

Gooksta

Im against them getting comp picks.. get pick 1 and 2 picks the first yr.. but after that. They get what they earn imo.. part if being expansion franchise

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im against them getting comp picks.. get pick 1 and 2 picks the first yr.. but after that. They get what they earn imo.. part if being expansion franchise

Then we can't expand, it would take them 10 seasons to even get okay.

Draft class from 2051. Some of the SPs are 2 pitch guys so they're really relievers. I'll know in 20 years whether this messes up talent in the league.

L9NliPG.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Not when you trade them 4 prospects for 1-1.

I'm out of prospects. They still have very little depth, most of that is due to AI idiocy but it still just can't happen. I'll come with a proposal that I think after testing a few more times will get them decently up to speed for the vote. Expansion only sims will only be 3-4 years so I will be able to run through them quick

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@OU11 Several versions ago there were problems with too many 2 pitch SPs coming out of feeder leagues. You might want to keep an eye on that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Am 20 years into it, it works. 47mb file size. Lots of leagues over on OOTP are way bigger than ours and have 100+mb file sizes. File size wasn't the UBL's downfall after all, but I still have no idea what was.

NML

Okay I was pretty skeptical heading into this, but it's really bauce. Will add a whole new side to drafting.

One thing I'm not seeing are players from HS going to college... it's possible their HS history is erased, but I can't find one player with HS and college stats.