• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Feeder League Discussion

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Was just curious if it was Schauwn since he has been posting here a bit.
That chill out was for rad and Lloyd and whoever else will have an issue with an expansion draft.

There will be no expansion draft, I've thought a lot about it for the teams in the middle of a build. More details if it works

osick87

Community Liaison
Which is why I said we could easily tweak the rules (More players protected to start, No first rounders, Allow them to draft years prior, etc). I just brought it up and posted the template because it seems like we have a pretty stable amount of guys and have guys wanting in.

This, of course, may change (Likely when 16 releases) and I wasn't here when it was the core guys going with 4 or 5 computer teams so I understand why it wouldn't fly.

Just food for thought.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We've never been as strong as now, and the three wanting in all vets who had legit reasons for quitting. If it is possible without a draft we will put it to a vote that way. Doing an expansion draft just will kill a lot of teams' builds.

NML

I've said before, but if there was a concern of one of them quitting/not getting into it, they could have my team and I'll take an expansion side.

NML

This is outlawed

Just curious as to why?

Doesn't really matter to me, I just enjoy the thought of building from scratch while I think not competing for at least three years isn't too tempting for others.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just curious as to why?

Doesn't really matter to me, I just enjoy the thought of building from scratch while I think not competing for at least three years isn't too tempting for others.
Because you made your bed lie in it. They'd have to accept knowing what they're getting into. It just won't be an option

If they don't want to build we won't expand.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You two are basically expansion teams anyway. NML is tanking and Gooksta sold everyone and then decided he wanted to compete and started from scratch.

Gooksta

Because you made your bed lie in it. They'd have to accept knowing what they're getting into. It just won't be an option

If they don't want to build we won't expand.
Well key west is practically an expansion team now anyways.. so no biggie for me

NML

I'm not really tanking - just seems to be a very high number who are trying to compete so it's a sellers market. Always looking for value.

osick87

Community Liaison
You guys are acting like this would happen tomorrow. By the time us cats would be herded into an agreement, the Gauchos will have beaten the Tulips in the 2050 Champship.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
They say it's the PED of Wall Street and big pharma these days. I can vaguely remember when my brain used to work this fast. It takes an effort.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You guys are acting like this would happen tomorrow. By the time us cats would be herded into an agreement, the Gauchos will have beaten the Tulips in the 2050 Champship.
One adderall binge and a vote. Tomorrow sounds pretty realistic.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
One adderall binge and a vote. Tomorrow sounds pretty realistic.

That's only if I get it right the first time. Simming 20-30 years in the future take a while and with feeder teams.... LAWWWD. We'll see, my mind can only work as fast as OOTP can sim

osick87

Community Liaison
Back to Feeder Leagues

I'm all for having more data to scout out players that could be entering the next year's draft.

It'll be fun to think of rhymes with these names.

"Be shitty for Ivan Kasperity"

It also stops me from being a dick and accusing OU of cooking the draft.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm against it. We are stable/best ownership and activity I can remember. No bugs. I just don't see why we should change.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Expanding the league affects the talent distribution.

Creating a feed league drastically alters the talent input.

But adderall...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just think it brings a new dimension to the draft, which I have a hard time enjoying as much as other owners. Being able to follow players would get me excited for the draft.

I don't think the league implodes if we do both at the same time though.

Obviously, OU needs to test and we need to vote first.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I agree, I have played them in offline (from the start of the league though) and it adds another dimension to scouting

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The draft would be light years better if we had 4 years of stats on the 3rd+ round
picks

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Feeder leagues can't go before expansion though, I'd like to have feeders stay the same after I create them

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I'm okay with whatever you guys want to do. If we can support 18 or 20 owners that's great and we should probably have that many teams, but I wouldn't want to see teams sit vacant and then we end up with the AI giving out 65M contracts to catchers who can't play.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I agree, I have played them in offline (from the start of the league though) and it adds another dimension to scouting
Yeah I have also tried them in offline, but I struggle playing offline for more than a season.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Feeder leagues can't go before expansion though, I'd like to have feeders stay the same after I create them
That makes sense. Well I'd like to see them sooner than later since the draft bores me :laughing:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I love offline, I just simulate the first 9 years and only draft then emerge with 9 Goats in my lineup and 5 aces.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm okay with whatever you guys want to do. If we can support 18 or 20 owners that's great and we should probably have that many teams, but I wouldn't want to see teams sit vacant and then we end up with the AI giving out 65M contracts to catchers who can't play.
And there lies the risk. Will we end up with owner #0?

I know you guys are skeptical and mad at gator but I really think he would be in for the long haul barring some huge life change. That's true for all of us though. Bdub is probably the riskiest since schauwn left due to a bunch of work changes. Life events can't be controlled, so that's always a possibility

I'll give my thoughts on expansion later, but I lean towards it

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I think we could always try and recruit people from the OOTP board if we do have openings we can't fill from this board. Maybe we get lucky and they become a good community member.