• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Euro 2016 - every game is a draw

Brick

So, uhh, who would play in the next round if both teams were eliminated?
reseed the next round based on goal differential for the tournament. if an odd number, top team gets a bye. less arbitrary than a team advancing on a shootout result.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
At least Poland can fall back on its world-leading screen door submersible program....

DanishDonut0

I think Poland is a really good team and has a fantastic defense but the problem is that when they score they take the foot off the pedal. I think a lot of this is because they aren't deep at all. Their attackers have basically played 90 minutes + in every game and extra time against Switzerland. In the 2nd half and extra time they have no energy to even bother to attack. They didn't even use a sub until extra time against Switzerland because their only sub they are fond of using was out on yellows.

Sucks to see Portugal go through but I guess I can enjoy another game of Ronaldo squandering open chances and glaring at his teammates. Would love a Portugal-Iceland rematch in the final but it wont happen.

Soonerfan09

I guess? My English has gone to shit, not that it was ever that good, from no longer using it as much but I don't see myself writing that correctly anyways. I can only hope I'll be at JAR level in a few years.
I think Southpaw was poking fun at "soccer speak".

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I've liked the idea of going to 10 a side after the first 90, with golden goal. I'm not sure how that's any less representative of the sport than penalty shootouts are. The extra space plus sudden death nature would surely not result in too many games that have to then go to penalties after 30 minutes of extra time.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Ugh, hate that I missed the game because of work. The highlights were awesome, especially Belgium's goal and Wales' second one.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Had to miss the game because of work also, I was rooting for Belgium but man, did not expect Wales to molly whop them. Surprised to see that Bale wasn't the goal scorer on any of them.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
No, and not surprisingly, they lost.

What a crazy statistic that is the best predictor of who actually wins!
I dunno, man, I think actual goals is 100% accurate in predicting who wins, but you're the one who makes a living with this...

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Really pumped for this game. Of course Low changes the system after Germany's best performance and leaves the best player in the last game out. Seems really dumb against a team like Italy.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
This is just too much excitement to bear. That guy for Germany looked like me trying to kick it. Off his shin lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Germany dominated the ball, but I think Italy had the best chance so far. Otherwise, the 3-5-2s are really canceling out at this point.