• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Euro 2016 - every game is a draw

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
My stepdaughter, who just graduated, is going to Paris June 10-20th. My wife is freaking out over the terror alerts over there. Go Netherlands.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Well it is common knowledge Paris is hit by a terrorist attack every 3 days killing thousands each time.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm excited for this, but I'm afraid the excitement will wear off during the group stages and the first knockout round given the amount of shitty teams that will advance. Quarterfinals through the end should be pretty solid, though.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Vive la France.

zidane-headbutt-o.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations

"Good luck playing for Portugal" is a dig on so many levels.

Teenage prostitutes also conspicuously absent.

chibob

I did my bracket today.

Germany England final with Germany winning but Marcus Rashford getting the golden boot. A man can dream.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
@chibob - England will definitely get out of their group, but I think that team is vastly overrated. I don't think they hold a torch to the elite teams. I would guess quarterfinals and out, although who knows with this format. But, really, beyond Smalling and Kane, I'm not sure anybody in England's starting 11 gets into a team like France, Germany, or Spain.

chibob

Youre probably right.

Always nice to dream.

Once you get out of the groups its a crap shoot anyway.

I think Austria or Poland could win it.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Poland, sure. Albania? :laughing:

My personal dark horse, if you could call them that, is Italy. If they're playing 3-5-2 with the Juve back 3, they'll not only have the best centerbacks in the tournament, but a strange system that they're all accustomed to. They could go down Greece's route to the win the whole thing. But winning a bunch of games 1-0 or drawing 0-0 might be enough to get to the semis, and then it's definitely a crapshoot.

DanishDonut0

Poland, sure. Albania? :laughing:

My personal dark horse, if you could call them that, is Italy. If they're playing 3-5-2 with the Juve back 3, they'll not only have the best centerbacks in the tournament, but a strange system that they're all accustomed to. They could go down Greece's route to the win the whole thing. But winning a bunch of games 1-0 or drawing 0-0 might be enough to get to the semis, and then it's definitely a crapshoot.

I've heard they're gonna come pressing hard. One of the reasons Pirlo didn't make the roster. Should be interesting to see.

I'd guess at Spain being the big named team that is the disappointment.

I'll actually be rooting for England, also want to see Wales make a splash of course, because to me it's the most likeable team they've had in a while to me.

Will of course be pulling for Iceland.

Boo that match fixing, drone flying Albania (actually a relief to not have to watch Denmark be incredibly inept, would much rather see Zlatan, but Albania eh).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The other thing with a 3-5-2 is that the best way to counter it is to isolate the wingbacks against a winger and a fullback. But how many teams in this tournament are going to have fullbacks that bomb up the wings? Spain probably will, but who else besides that? England might, but if they play a diamond 4-4-2, it requires a lot of work from the two wider midfielders to go 2 on 1 on the wing. Germany and Belgium basically don't have fullbacks in the team.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Spain are just deceptively bad I think. If it was top 2 instead of top 3 from groups they'd get eliminated without a doubt. After that who knows

DanishDonut0

The other thing with a 3-5-2 is that the best way to counter it is to isolate the wingbacks against a winger and a fullback. But how many teams in this tournament are going to have fullbacks that bomb up the wings? Spain probably will, but who else besides that? England might, but if they play a diamond 4-4-2, it requires a lot of work from the two wider midfielders to go 2 on 1 on the wing. Germany and Belgium basically don't have fullbacks in the team.

I love the 3-5-2. We actually implemented it into our team through school this year, apparently all the lower leveled teams Denmark just run 4-4-2. A lot of people were skeptical and against the change but now we're ranked higher than our club's 1st team and are 1 game away from promotion :trollface: @chibob

Snorky's Shame

Euro 2016 Predictions:

Group A: France, Switzerland, Romania, Albania
Group B: Russia, England, Slovakia, Wales
Group C: Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Northern Ireland
Group D: Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Czechia (you might want to get used to this)
Group E: Belgium, Sweden, Italy, Ireland
Group F: Portugal, Austria, Iceland, Hungary

Round of 16:

Switzerland over Poland
Turkey over Russia
Spain over Iceland
France over Italy
Germany over Slovakia
Portugal over Sweden
Belgium over Croatia
England over Austria

Quarterfinals:

Spain over Switzerland
Portugal over Turkey
Germany over Belgium
France over England

Semifinals:

Spain over Portugal
France over Germany

Final:

France over Spain (just like 1984)

EDIT: Damn, I have France beating Italy, England, Germany and Spain on their way to trophy,

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

This is the most useful table of the tournament.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th}Best ranked groups{/th}
{th}Winner Group A v{/th}
{th}Winner Group B v{/th}
{th}Winner Group C v{/th}
{th}Winner Group D v{/th}
{/tr}
{tr=bcolor:#ccffcc}
{td}A B C D{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A B C E{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A B C F{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A B D E{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A B D F{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A B E F{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A C D E{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A C D F{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A C E F{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{td}A D E F{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3A{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{td}B C D E{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{td}B C D F{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}B C E F{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}B D E F{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{/tr}
{td}C D E F{/td}
{td}3C{/td}
{td}3D{/td}
{td}3F{/td}
{td}3E{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Damn 24-team tournaments.

chibob

Not to condone such behavior but reports say it was started by locals and the English just retaliated.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Not to condone such behavior but reports say it was started by locals and the English just retaliated.

I read that the England fans said it was started by locals. So who knows :dunno: I did really enjoy the fat bald guy yelling at the cops to "calm down."

DanishDonut0

I dont understand why I @ in that?
Just livin the chibob 11s dream!

I wouldn't fuck with street youths in Marseille

Beat me to it. I slept in the Marseille train station one night, probably shouldn't have done that but man the things I saw. One being a guy getting pistol whipped for... well standing around I guess.

Can't wait for the see the England win it again!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Hahaha, so the youths "started" the fight after the Ingerland fans were drinking for 12 hours and singing songs about ISIS at the locals.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
In which they called them all Pakis.

Yeah, I've seen Skins.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Can't find an English source yet, but de Gea, Iker Muniain, and Isco are all implicated in a Prosititution/Sexual Abuse case in Spain. News just got released today