• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corching Carousel/ Hot Seat 23-24

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
nopbody A&M hires will make anyone give a fuck about A&M other than their grads/boosters

Mame YO

slings rocks
After a ton of thought I have figured out the most funny possible outcomes for A&M…

Most funny for utopia: Lanning

Most funny for me: DeBoer

Most funny for college footbaw: PRIME

Lightningwar

Administrator
I would be fascinated with Klieman at A&M. He runs a similar offense but is flexible enough to adapt. And would have the money and recruiting clout like he had at NDSU.

Mame YO

slings rocks
it would be perfect doe. PRIME gets a 50, 60 80 million buyout or whatever and then just burns it down rofl

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They ain't hiring Prime. Can you imagine him in College Station with those racist hicks? lol. I really think its Corch Irving. I don't think they would have fired Jimbo when they did if they didn't already have their man locked up and he is pretty much the only one they could do that with.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Being real doe that Elko dude seems to make sense for them idk if he is a big enough name for the donors doe

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
They ain't hiring Prime. Can you imagine him in College Station with those racist hicks? lol. I really think its Corch Irving. I don't think they would have fired Jimbo when they did if they didn't already have their man locked up and he is pretty much the only one they could do that with.
Dan Lanning would be perfect for the racist hicks

Mame YO

slings rocks
When is Saban retiring?

I think it’s reasonable to assume that Lanning eventually goes to the SEC given his ties to the conference but not to lose to Kirby and Saban every year. Unless he thinks a Saban retirement is imminent I just don’t understand why he would take the A&M jerb when he is already making 7m/yr, winning, getting top recruiting classes.

With Taggart and Cristobal FSU and Miami were their dream jerbs. Kelly went to the NFL. With Lanning I have no clue tbh.

It’s worth noting that all of those corches are doing worse since leaving lol.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
When is Saban retiring?

I think it’s reasonable to assume that Lanning eventually goes to the SEC given his ties to the conference but not to lose to Kirby and Saban every year. Unless he thinks a Saban retirement is imminent I just don’t understand why he would take the A&M jerb when he is already making 7m/yr, winning, getting top recruiting classes.

With Taggart and Cristobal FSU and Miami were their dream jerbs. Kelly went to the NFL. With Lanning I have no clue tbh.

It’s worth noting that all of those corches are doing worse since leaving lol.
Maybe he'll jump for a higher buyout

Craig7835

Miss St. corch also out, both of them got fired after that game!

Good. This where Arnett screwed up at

"Arnett went away from Leach's Air Raid offense in hiring new offensive coordinator Kevin Barbay, who installed more of a pro-style system."

That's why Will Rogers numbers went down. He went from throwing 3,974 yards last year to ONLY 1,275, A big dip & not to mention he's injured. Then look at who ESPN is saying that MSU is looking at for replacements:

"Some potential candidates to replace Arnett are Tulane's Willie Fritz, Liberty's Jamey Chadwell, UNLV's Barry Odom, Kansas' Lance Leipold, Troy's Jon Sumrall, Oklahoma offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby and Michigan offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore."

Mame YO

slings rocks
I didn’t want to clog the other thread up too much.

Here is the full answer given by Lanning, couldn’t be more clear:

And this is DeBoer’s comments from today, seems like he is staying at UW assuming he gets a raise for himself and his staff:
And on Monday DeBoer — who is 21-2 in less than two full seasons in Seattle, including an active 17-game winning streak — was asked if he sees himself at Washington for the long haul.

“Yeah, this is a great place,” he said. “Listen: I keep bringing it up, but my family loves it here. There’s a lot of other reasons, too. My daughter [Alexis DeBoer], I guess she does or doesn’t love me talking about [her blossoming softball career after recently signing with Washington out of Bellevue High School].

“But there’s just a lot of things that I love about this place. This is a championship football program. I’ve said it since Day One. It’s got the bones of championships. I love the way we’ve been accepted into this place. It’s a great place to coach. Like I said earlier, [new UW athletic director Troy Dannen] is doing everything he can to help myself and the staff continue this journey that we’re on.”

@bruin if UCLA can get Smith I think he is gettable since OSU is homeless.

Mame YO

slings rocks
DADDY could easily double Lanning's salary if they want to.
You’re obviously trolling.

That would make him the highest paid corch in the country by a wide margin at $14m/yr lol. Saban makes $11.4m/yr. Even ATM isn’t doing that for a largely unproven 2nd year corch.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Do A&M seem rational to you?
Not at all and they’re absolutely a threat to any team with a desirable corch. There’s a reason most of the fan bases with corches on those lists have been speculating so heavily.

Lanning could’ve been noncommittal, he could’ve also used this as leverage for another raise like last year but he 1) shot down the possibility of leaving emphatically and 2) said he isn’t even bothering to renegotiate his contract. He could’ve just done the “it’s a good thing when people have interest because it means we’re doing something right” line and sidestepped it or whatever.

fwiw this happened last year too and nobody believed him then. Reporting was “mutual interest” and “SOURCES” that he was going to Auburn. He denied it and signed an extension with a raise and a $20mil buyout clause instead. :dunno:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
he’s probably out for ATM

Too bad. In the right situation ... you know what, never mind.

Lanning would be crazy to go to Daddy A&M though. Oregon can probably match any offer he'd get money wise. Daddy is in a better recruiting spot, but Oregon probably has an easier path to the CFP in the Big Ten. And you'd have to deal with Daddy's insane fans and expectations that nobody has met in literally decades. I guess if he wants to get a huge buyout in 5 years and retire, it's great. Otherwise, I don't see it.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
nothing I say matters to you’ll until the position is filled but he isn’t leaving. Sorry we don’t live in the funniest version of the sim.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Too bad. In the right situation ... you know what, never mind.

Lanning would be crazy to go to Daddy A&M though. Oregon can probably match any offer he'd get money wise. Daddy is in a better recruiting spot, but Oregon probably has an easier path to the CFP in the Big Ten. And you'd have to deal with Daddy's insane fans and expectations that nobody has met in literally decades. I guess if he wants to get a huge buyout in 5 years and retire, it's great. Otherwise, I don't see it.

you'd have to live in college station lol