1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Corch Fan's Corching Career

Discussion in 'Offline Dynasties' started by Soonerfan09, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Soonerfan09

Soonerfan09 Well-Known Member

50 years before the LEGENDARY Moscow Mules coach captured a WBL shamship, Corch Sooner Fan began his coaching career in a suburban Oklahoma town south of Oklahoma City. Coach Fan had always loved FOOTBAW and after completing his certifications and attending multiple coaching clinics, he was ready to help a team at the highest level offered by the Indian Nations Football Conference in his area - 6th grade.

During the first week of allowed practices, Coach Fan finally got the phone call that would pair him with a lucky team. To Coach Fan's surprise, that lucky team would be playing 8 man football and would be made up of 2nd graders.

ZackMills and Mr. Radpants like this.
  2. Travis7401

Travis7401 Douglass Tagg Community Liaison

2nd grade tackle footbaw? Add everyone involved to the list!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  3. ZackMills

ZackMills Have mercy

Those poor elementary school aged brains.

4. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    I know it's :oklahoma:, but no need to talk about the corching staff like that

worst2first, Irishman and Travis7401 like this.
  5. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    I'm such a nerd I'm still unsure if this is an irl dynasty or you are just modifying the NCAA 14 rosters so all the players are 5'1"

6. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    Did Moscow really win a shamp? Every year I watch they get bounced.

7. Soonerfan09

After getting in contact with the head coach, Coach Fan was brought in to run the offense. He made his first appearance with his new team the following day, the team's second practice, a helmet and shoulder pads only practice, much like the first. During this practice, Coach Fan was asked to create a playbook that would be used in the intra-squad scrimmage the head coach had scheduled for Saturday, the teams first full pads practice. :facepalm:

Coach Fan immediately consulted the INFC Rulebook to establish what kind of offense he would run. He was limited to four formations. Basic I-Formation, Pistol-I, Split, or Shotgun Split. Coach Fan developed a playbook of mostly I-Formation with a few plays in Split. The head coach said he wanted the play names to use Red and Blue to indicate right and left. Coach Fan figured just saying right and left would be simpler, but he incorporated Red and Blue into his play terminology. He came up with the following plays: Red/Blue A/B/C 1/2/3 (Red/Blue denoting right and left; A/B/C denoting the gap - this was to help the boys learn gaps; and 1/2/3 indicating which back would carry the ball 1=HB, 2=FB, 3=QB). *Coach Fan has many more plays, but these (all out of I-Form, along with Pass Right-fake to FB, swing pass right) are all that has been called so far. Coach Fan has attempted to add the Split formation to the mix, but it just hasn't worked yet. Today at practice Coach Fan introduced the Bootleg concept which can be added to every play.

During the scrimmage, Coach Fan was to coach offense while head coach was to coach defense. Since the team only had 12 players and it would be a six-on-six scrimmage, Coach Fan suggested that the teams should only go right or left (take away left guard and tackle, left CB and left DE/DT and run plays to that side so that the kids could at least begin to grasp their positions and the plays). Head coach thought that would be a great idea, but within two plays, he moved a DE to the left (offenses left) where we had no line, and made him crash down, blowing up every play). Annoyed, Coach Fan moved his right tackle to left guard and finished off the scrimmage with a two guard set up.

Coach Fan learned a few things that day: Neither of the other coaches know much about football or about how to teach (much less children), and that since it's very clear that Coach Fan could do both, he would be awarded almost complete control of the team, including practice plans, player positioning, sub patterns, etc.

8. Soonerfan09

9. Travis7401

My unsolicited advice for the age group. First of all, look up Dave Cisar and then simplify his stuff for both 8 man and for

OFFENSE:
    1. Run a short (3 yard distance max) direct snap offense. These short "shotgun" snaps at ground level are much easier to teach than a traditional Center/QB exchange and if/when it goes wrong you'll be less likely to turn it over. Snapping the ball directly to ur primary ball carrier also reduces problems with handoffs. Dave Cisar has great vidyas on teaching this snap. You can basically have the kid roll the ball on the ground (better than snapping too high).

2. Start with 1 direct snap formation and 3 plays. Primary Off tackle play, Counter off that play, and WEDGE.

3. Run foot to foot splits with simple DOWN blocking scheme for the offensive line with no pulling (too young). Play-side linemen block the first guy on or inside of them (will result in lots of double teams). Backside linemen CRAB BLOCK (turn sideways and crawl on all 4s) to limit penetration. Put your best linemen on the STRONG SIDE and ur Dummies on the WEAK side to hid them, crab blocking is easy. The entire point of your offensive line scheme is to limit penetration, which is the one thing that fucks up youth offenses the most.

Your REAL blocker is a "blocking" back who will be lined up one half yard behind the line and you will bring him to the point of attack on every play, whether he's running the ball or blocking. On off tackle play he does a kickout block on the strong side. On the counter play he does a kickout block on the weakside. On the wedge play he runs the ball (30% of the plays). He's basically your most badass kid, If he's athletic it is a plus, but you can get by with a kid who isn't all that fast here as long as he runs and blocks hard. The "Tailback" is your best runner/athlete, he runs the ball on the off tackle (50% of ur plays) and hands the ball off to the wingback on the counter. The wingback is your 2nd best runner/athlete, he'll be a key block at the point of attack on your off tackle play and the runner on your counter play (20% of ur plays). If you want diagrams of these plays I can send them. Once you have these 3 plays DOWN, we've got 2 variations on the off tackle to add and one variation on the wedge for a total of 6 plays.

DEFENSE On defense teach a 3-4-1 Gap-Mirror formation that can adjust to any offensive formation with an ULTRA DEEP free safety (15-20 yards back). The theory is simply to limit big plays by lining him up infinitely deep. Youth footbaw is all big plays, if you make them actually grind out first downs they'll eventually fumble a snap.

NT. He's your scrappiest/quickest of the unathletic players. He might be slow as shit, but he's a try hard! Think RUDY type, he's too dumb to know how bad he is. The best NT I corched was actually a handicapped kid who had partially disabled legs and walked with crutches. He was a good wrestler with great upper body strength from crutching around all day and he was actually really quick. At the snap he'd dive one way or the other (it's fun to let them pick) and basically rip the dick off anyone he could get ahold of. He cause so many fumbled snaps just because he freaked the center out with the combination of being handi-capable and so intensely mad about it.

DTs align on the ends against a 5 man line ur just outside the G/T of a 3 man line. The DL are your least athletic players and they are soft too! You have to hide players in youth football and we're hiding them here. Because of their alignment at the end of the line, Opposing corches might think they are DEs and they will waste their best blockers on these turds. Their only job is to bear crawl into the offensive linemen and try to get in the way and make a pile at the line. This can be surprisingly effective! No GLORY BOYS HERE, they need to buy in completely to the BEAR CRAWL. The one thing that will kill you is if they get blocked into ur LBs.

OLBs - the actual contain men. They need to be smart, athletic, and at least decent at tackling. You can actually get away with a kid who isn't super aggressive here. I've had a lot of kids who were athletic and a little afraid of contact, but would actually make a tackle when pressed. THAT makes for the best DE because they won't over pursue and get trapped out of position. Basically these are your 2nd and 3rd best athletes on the team. Against a 5 man line they will be positioned like OLBs 2 yards outside the last man and 2 yards off the line so that they don't look like "defensive ends." Against split ends they will line up halfway between the split end and the last lineman, 2 yards off the line. At the snap they charge upfield to the line and play from outside in to force the play inside. The real reason to make them look like "Linebackers" is to confuse offensive blocking schemes that focus on the "defensive end."

MLBs - These kids need to be VERY AGGRESSIVE and MAD. They can be stupid or slow, but preferably not both, but they need to love tackling. You have them mirror the offensive backs. Against an I-formation or anything they don't understand, just have them default stack behind the DTs. Basically the DTs doing their BEAR CRAWL are their sheild. Feel free to blitz them a lot through the gap between the NT and DT. Blitzing is fun and helps keep kids aggressive.

FS - Your best all around athlete and tackler who has an IQ higher than the average okie (If he's too stupid make him a MLB). You teach this kid to wait "2 Oklahoma" after the snap to make sure he's absolutely sure where the ball is going, then he takes a nice safe approach to the ball, never letting a ball carrier get past him. Since he's a good athlete and he's got a 15 yard cushion, he should be able to clean up anything that gets past your LBs. He's responsible for every single pass play, which is why you lined him up so deep. I've never seen a 2nd grader throw the ball more than 10 yards so this should work.

10. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    Make them run the Raid

11. Soonerfan09

While I appreciate the advice and the time it took you to write that up, ur gonna need to review pages 33-43 of the INFC Rulebook, paying special attention to sections 6 and 7. I’ll do a write up of the RULES and my roster as I get you’ll caught up to where we are in the season.

Travis7401 likes this.
  12. Soonerfan09

Also, last season’s 2nd grade shamship game.

13. adchester

adchester Dog for life

Team:
    Minnesota-Duluth
    Preseason top 10 thread for 2nd graders?

PEAK OKLAHOMA ACHIEVED

kella, worst2first, bruin228 and 4 others like this.
  14. Soonerfan09

For maximum :oklahoma:, Corch Fan would suggest the Week 1 Picks thread and Week 1 Scores!!!! thread.

15. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

If Coach Fan really knew anything about football and teaching kids, he’d teach them not to play.

16. Soonerfan09

If Orlando knew anything about people, he would know that they (and their parents) will do what they want, and it’s better to have someone that actually knows what they are doing as aposed to someone who doesn’t.

17. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

I sapose ur right

Soonerfan09 and Mr. Radpants like this.
  18. Travis7401

Soonerfan would have my forever respect if he ran completely no contact practices. I really think it can be done! But I fear "know what I'm doing" means running OKLAHOMA DRILLS!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  19. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

2nd grade tackle football holy shit

Mr. Radpants, Travis7401 and Irishman like this.
  20. Soonerfan09

At my first practice, head coach had two kids lie on their back, feet facing each other. He dropped a footbaw onto the chest of one kid who was deemed the ball carrier. Both kids had to scramble to get up and the kid without the ball was aposed (my Oklahoma really came out last night) to tackle the kid with the ball. Earlier I said it was a helmet and shoulder pads practice, but looking back, I think it was just shoulder pads. Shortly after I told head coach that the drill he was running probably wasn't a good idea and we haven't ran it since.
    * Funny story - One kid, we'll call him Hogan, felt like he got tackled too hard during this drill, so he called over the kid that tackled him "Hey! Come here, I wanna show you something." The kid who did the tackling, we'll call him Brent, walks over. Hogan slams a football into his face as soon as he get close enough.

I prefer to have all of my practices be non-contact. The most contact I want is during oline/dline drills, but I usually use dummies for that. I might have online and dline go against each other tomorrow since our next game isn't until the 8th, but the contact will be light. We do a few tackling drills, but always use dummies.