• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
lol @ that if it's even a possibility I still don't understand how Larry Coker got banished all the way to UTSA considering how easy it is for some of these guys to land right on their feet.

It was based on this article. http://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...0/26/could-al-golden-rutgers-future/74614752/

That's the local paper for where Golden grew up in New Jersey so they may be fishing for people to buy the paper. FWIW the NJ media trolls Rutgers hard. Kind of like how life trolls me.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Feldman putting Dana as a Miami candidate. LMAO. Yeah let's put a guy with a worse record than Golden on the list of replacements.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Iowa State canned Mark Mangino today, so Rhoads is also probably out at the end of the year. Rumors swirling that Daddy is looking at Mangino to replace Spavital as OC after this season.

Dumb move, actually. The offense has improved under Mangino, and anyway, they aren't the unit that has given up 66, 45, and 45 in the past three games.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Wow. I wish Jerry the best and hope he stays strong and healthy for a long time. The best coach Minnesota has had in a long time. Last year was the first time in my life that I was actually excited to watch late season gopher games because they actually meant something. I feel this team was only two years away from seriously contending for a B1G West division title. Not to mention he conducts himself with complete class and tact. A great mentor for young men. I've had many coaches, and I think the best way I can sum up my respect for Jerry Kill is to say I'd love to have that man as my coach.

Last edited:

gilstein21

Thought he was a great coach and seems like a great guy in general. Sucks he had to give it up before he wanted to

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Did he have a seizure this year? I remember him missing games before but was hoping he could keep it in check. Tough break

Brick

Lane Kiffin will be hired as a head coach soon. No doubt. Holding in my special nut for dat first press conference.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Honestly Kiffin wouldn't be a bad hire. Dunno how realistic it would be though
I don't think Kiffin's a terrible coach, and he has some Minnesota ties, but imo he's a douchenozzle and not someone I want around the program. Also, I don't think he's good enough to succeed with Minnesota-level talent.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Yeah i get that. I think he would be a good recruiter and he wouldnt have to coach against the best and the brightest in the west.

Who do you think they should go after @adchester?

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Yeah i get that. I think he would be a good recruiter and he wouldnt have to coach against the best and the brightest in the west.

Who do you think they should go after @adchester?
I feel they should just hire Claeys (DC) and move Sawvel (DB coach) to DC. I think this staff has the team trending in the right direction and they should just try and continue it without Kill.

bruin

I don't think Kiffin's a terrible coach, and he has some Minnesota ties, but imo he's a douchenozzle and not someone I want around the program. Also, I don't think he's good enough to succeed with Minnesota-level talent.

Kiffin would kill recruiting JC talent from CA and the South @bigorangecunty

Kiff back with Meyer and Harbaugh in the B1g? I just precame

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Lane Kiffin at Miami is prolly what all those alum players want. They want day swag back. Either Kiffin or The Rock then I guess.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
My house guest is still available.

hokewelp.gif

sayo

YEET
I remember being so down on his hiring too. Everyone back home loved that he was a local boy and shit. I fuckin atodaso

Lightningwar

Administrator

It is funny he brings up Paul Johnson. What has Paul Johnson really accomplished in his time at GT? One Orange bowl win? For the most part he has been average at best which is where GT has been for 20 years. For example he beat FSU last week and follows it up with a loss to UVA. That is exactly what MN needs. In the meantime while he lingers our program brings in FCS level talent that sets us far behind when he leaves. GT is going to be a dumpster fire when Johnson leaves unless they hire another coach that runs that offense.

Laney wouldnt come here just because he grew up in Bloomington. If he did, he would bolt at the first next best offer.

MN is their best position in decades from a facilities perspective. But I think their biggest issue is the Vikings. The Gophers will always play second fiddle to the Vikings. That means local support will never approach an Ohio State, MSU. Michigan,NU, or PSU. Recruits know that and will stay away.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I feel they should just hire Claeys (DC) and move Sawvel (DB coach) to DC. I think this staff has the team trending in the right direction and they should just try and continue it without Kill.

Defensively I agree. But holy shit is the offense trending in the wrong direction. 5 years into the program and Leidner is all they can recruit?