• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CFB Playoff Top 25 Rankings Presented By In-N-Out

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I really hope they make it into the playoff. I want to find out if my eyes see what I think they see or if I am retarded.

im_retarded_quantum_leap.gif

atlbraves

The loss of us being able to use the term "clemsoning"

Not so fast my friend!! Maybe Clemson hasn't actually gotten over the hump, but is getting ready for some next-level Clemsoning.

It would be the ultimate troll on our part if we won next week: beat Clemson, and knock them out of the playoffs by virtue of how shitty of a loss we would be. Imagine an ACC shampship where the teams are 22-0 versus respectable competition, and 0-2 against the team that lost to The Citadel. Spurrier gonna be cackling and rolling a blunt

Lightningwar

Administrator
The Citadel deserves a playoff spot.

That would be hilarious though. I am actually cheering for Clemson in the playoff. But if they are going to Clemson they need to lose to SoCar for the ultimate lulz.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
It's hard to not hate ND when one of my good friends is a die hard ND fan and I have to put up with this shit.

From the people that brought you "angry WVU texts from dad" comes "dumb as shit Notre Dame texts from a friend and sweet karma":

Gotta say it was satisfying to hit him with the Smug Spongebob face.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
It's hard to not hate ND when one of my good friends is a die hard ND fan and I have to put up with this shit.

From the people that brought you "angry WVU texts from dad" comes "dumb as shit Notre Dame texts from a friend and sweet karma":

How does every WV fan have a good friend that is a ND fan? It must be a requirement. I'm extrapolating from the sample size of you and me.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
I just want to say that, despite my long absences here, I never stopped believing in Iowa. If you don't love it, leave it USA #1

MSUFanatic

Is that guy now on suicide watch?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
UNC and Furd would both make it over OSU. The committee has a hard on for conference titles. UNC would be a gimme anyway. 12-1 with a win over the best team they played vs. 11-1 with a loss to the best team they played.

And if you think Bama is losing to that shitshow, you're high.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Bama is not losing to Florida. Probably going to be a 17 pt favorite.

Wooly

If Clemson or bama lose the buckeyes are back in. 2 big teams in the playoffs. Make ur time.

If Bama or Clemson lose, this is a likely scenario. I think it's also possible that Clemson still makes it in at #4, but it's more likely that OSU makes it in with 1 loss than 2 loss teams, especially if MSU wins. If that scenario happens, I am guessing it's a 1/3 chance each for Clemson, OSU, and Stanford. I don't think a 1 loss Iowa gets in, right or wrong.

Brick

not doing rankings this week. we're fucked, folks! ohio state is going to get in. how quickly we forget 2011 when alabama was ranked NUMBER TWO in the human poll over oklahoma state and stanford and they didn't make the sec conference championship game. the committee is a smugger AP, nothing more.

there is no chance clemson or iowa stays in with a loss.

so the choices are these:

oklahoma *lock
clemson if they win acc
michigan state or iowa
ohio state
stanford if pac-12 champ
north carolina if they win ACC (they won't be considered IMO, being nice)

that's it. if you think the committee is going to take 2 loss stanford or one loss north carolina over 1 loss ohio state, i think you're probably mistaken. the narrative will be that "look how they bounced back against solid michigan team DEFENDING SHAMPSHIP".

watch clemson lose and ohio state be the number 3 seed, just as they are in their own conference.

dis gon be good.

Last edited:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
You won't know until Tuesday how high nort Carolina would have to jump. If they nice up to say 6-8 this week and beat Clemson I think they in. And we get to start saying clemsoning again.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Unc lost to a 3 win team and played 2 d2 schools. I don't think they jump. 2 loss furd maybe but unlikely.

Brick

UNC and Furd would both make it over OSU. The committee has a hard on for conference titles. UNC would be a gimme anyway. 12-1 with a win over the best team they played vs. 11-1 with a loss to the best team they played.

And if you think Bama is losing to that shitshow, you're high.
well a 11-1 team that lost to fucking texas is already a lock, so...

and the only reason they are a lock is because they're named oklahoma. can you imagine if this were baylor or tcu who lost to a 4-8 te...oh wait.

committee, pollsters, and the general fan population wants those teams in. they'll get in.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Playoff would be a total sham if UNC didn't get in. Everything they said last year applies to this year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm not saying they'll do the right thing or whatever, but that's absolutely true. They slobbered all over OSU for winning their CCG last year. So UNC would win theirs and be 12-1 vs. a team that couldn't even win their division and not get in? That would cement the committee as a joke (which they are).

Brick

they didn't pick tOSU for that reason last year, though. that was their cover. any talking point you come up with for north carolina vs ohio state, i can give you the exact counter they'll use.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
No, I get you. We're in agreement. I'm saying in a rational world, UNC gets in. But this committee loves their pOwEr PrOgRaMs

Soonerfan09

well a 11-1 team that lost to fucking texas is already a lock, so...

and the only reason they are a lock is because they're named oklahoma. can you imagine if this were baylor or tcu who lost to a 4-8 te...oh wait.

committee, pollsters, and the general fan population wants those teams in. they'll get in.
They're a lock because they have more top 25 wins than anyone else in the nation and have played better than anyone else over the last 2 months.
Quit hating brick.

Brick

"have played better than anyone else over the last 2 months"

:thumbsup: beat doctson and boykin-less tcu by one point at home. texas was 10/10, which is in the past two months.

quit behind a homer, soonerfan. oklahoma state definitely would not have been a lock yesterday after beating oklahoma, because they are named oklahoma state. admit ur prestige program privilege.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Baker Mayfield is a straight shooter with upper management written all over him, doe. Sexy sex > boring death

Brick

also they're getting an inordinate amount of credit for (barely) beating tennessee OOC (who has lost every big OOC game for about a decade, a lot of them in embarrassing fashion) and the texas loss is being ignored even though the longhorns are bad (prestige program/rivalry). perfect situation for them.

given what the other one loss teams resumes are looking like, they should be in IMO, but the fact that they are an unquestionable lock is because of their tradition. don't get it twisted.