• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CFB Playoff Top 25 Rankings Presented By In-N-Out

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The Vols are a solid team, but we can't play the "if they just did this" game. Alabama likely would have won the national title in 2013 if they just tackled Chris Davis. Al Gore would have been president if he had just won Florida. We can justify almost anything if we use that logic.

On another note, what bowl is UT going to? Music City since Mizzou declined? They're possibly ranked at #25 to garner more interest for the bowl game, which is fine with me. Cities that host bowl games put a lot of money into them, and hosting a ranked team is much more lucrative.

We can play the if game when we are speaking in certainties. If Medley makes his FG's in those games, they are 11-1 and playing in Atlanta on Saturday. Your example called for speculation about the future.

Outback is my guess. Probably against Northwestern.

Renegade

Charge on!
This whole CFP is bullshit. Here's the bowl lineup we should have.

Orange - tOSU vs Notre Dame
Sugar - Bammer vs FSU
Cotton - Mich St vs Baylor
Rose - Iowa vs Stanford
Citrus - Clemson vs Oklahoma*
Fiesta - UNC vs TCU

*See 1990 Citrus Bowl

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
We can play the if game when we are speaking in certainties. If Medley makes his FG's in those games, they are 11-1 and playing in Atlanta on Saturday. Your example called for speculation about the future.

Outback is my guess. Probably against Northwestern.

Good point.

Outback is a fun bowl. I've always enjoyed the B1g/SEC matchup because it typically features old man football.

bruin

Outback is a fun bowl. I've always enjoyed the B1g/SEC matchup because it typically features old man football.

Yeah because nothing like watching 7-5 Auburn v 7-5 Minnesota on New years day.

All these bowl tie-in matchup repeats make for a good nap before the Rose Bowl.

bruin

The Holiday Bowl used to be the shit. Pac-10 2nd place team v Big 12 second place team. Lost its luster when Alamo gets the second place team.

Fact all those years though the Pac-10 bowed down for its 2nd place team being in the Holiday. Should have stayed with the Cotton.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Yeah because nothing like watching 7-5 Auburn v 7-5 Minnesota on New years day.

All these bowl tie-in matchup repeats make for a good nap before the Rose Bowl.

If you're an SEC fan, it's one of the more interesting matchups of the day. Most folks down here don't care who's playing as long as it's FOOOOOOBALLL.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
This whole CFP is bullshit. Here's the bowl lineup we should have.

Orange - tOSU vs Notre Dame
Sugar - Bammer vs FSU
Cotton - Mich St vs Baylor
Rose - Iowa vs Stanford
Citrus - Clemson vs Oklahoma*
Fiesta - UNC vs TCU

*See 1990 Citrus Bowl

There we go.

giphy.gif

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
OU is a great team, but Brick is right in that the only reason that they're a LOCK is because they're OU. If TTU or K-State had the same resume, committee would be working hard to keep them out.
I do believe you're right. I'm also not sure that there isn't some merit to giving weight to a "brand name" over a newcomer as a tiebreaker. Obviously, I only feel this way 'cause Bama + SEC = ultimate brand... But if you have two teams that look similar in every other regard, and you are trying to pick a "better" one... Odds are the big name is better. They tend to recruit better and be better able to plug a hole if there is an injury. They also never get to sneak up on anyone; instead they tend to get everyone's best shot. You know who cares a lot about the name "Oklahoma?" Baylor. TTU. TCU. They want to win every game of course... But they want that one even more BECAUSE it's Oklahoma. If it makes a difference to them, why can't it make one to the committee?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
The Holiday Bowl used to be the shit. Pac-10 2nd place team v Big 12 second place team. Lost its luster when Alamo gets the second place team.

Fact all those years though the Pac-10 bowed down for its 2nd place team being in the Holiday. Should have stayed with the Cotton.

Wasn't the old Holiday Bowl matchup Pac-10 runner-up versus WAC champion?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I do believe you're right. I'm also not sure that there isn't some merit to giving weight to a "brand name" over a newcomer as a tiebreaker. Obviously, I only feel this way 'cause Bama + SEC = ultimate brand... But if you have two teams that look similar in every other regard, and you are trying to pick a "better" one... Odds are the big name is better. They tend to recruit better and be better able to plug a hole if there is an injury. They also never get to sneak up on anyone; instead they tend to get everyone's best shot. You know who cares a lot about the name "Oklahoma?" Baylor. TTU. TCU. They want to win every game of course... But they want that one even more BECAUSE it's Oklahoma. If it makes a difference to them, why can't it make one to the committee?

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
oh shawking potential alabama oklahoma matchup set up
I think they care less about getting that matchup and more about protecting Bama from a first-round ass raping. Clemson or OU would destroy Bama right now. We got a shot at MSU though...

It's good to have friends in high places :)

...Also, not sure why you're assuming OU will make it past Clemson... Weren't a lot of folks saying that they didn't deserve a spot for losing to Texas?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
stupid that the semifinals are on NYE instead of the 1st. mainly because i'll be working. fuck the rose and sugar bowls.

Bdub

Oregon ranked at 15 is laughable. 7 places higher than the team that beat them by 4 touchdowns and has the same record as they do.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Having the games on NYE does suck. I will be out with friends and wont catch much of the first game and none of the second.

Nice that FSU plays at Noon.

atlbraves

Oregon ranked at 15 is laughable. 7 places higher than the team that beat them by 4 touchdowns and has the same record as they do.

Except Utah lost to USC by 18, and Oregon beat USC by 20. Oregon would obviously win by 38 in a rematch

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well the reason I don't say that about Iowa is because they haven't played anyone that looks very good to me. Their best win is northwestern. How can I say they can play with anyone when they haven't even played the most talented teams in their own conference? no need to take it personal. It's just my opinion but that schedule is pure shit. I give them credit for winning but that doesn't mean I think they are better than other teams. I was looking at who else they beat and saw Wisconsin but then I saw Wisconsins schedule. They missed every team this year too.

If they prove me wrong I'll be the first to eat crow but I think they get their shit pushed in if they play anyone else in the top 5.
Bump