• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

Bruce Wayne

So MSU has problems with 4-5 Arkansas and 5-4 KY. It is amusing watching ESPN step on their dicks about how FSU isn't a good team. How they do just enough to win. Then their darlings perform just as poorly against worse competition.

KY and Arkansas are in the SEC. They only suck because they are in the SEC. If they were in the ACC or the BIG, they would be undefeated.

jdlikewhoa

By making you mean bought the two piece set, cut the pre drawn lines, and tied the edges together.
There was no set. Got two pieces of thick fabric, eyed up the cuts without the guide, but you for the tied the edges together part right.

Will you be questioning these things during rotsk when your wife has left you to freeze?

Brick

Oregons defense is still pretty bad. Forced Stanford to one punt, I think. Maybe they'll crack the top 100 after facing Utah next week? Doubt it.

Arik armstead got hurt again yesterday. If he is not healthy they are even worse.

Mariota is bawse. I don't care if he wins the heisman or not, but if he isn't on this team they are prolly an 8-4 or 7-5 type team.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
NC STATE WON A MOTHAFUCKIN CONFERENCE GAME.

Almost choked it away against a pretty terrible Syracuse team, but Doeren finally got one. Only one more win for bowl eligibility, Wake is the likely suspect. Hard to believe a team this bad actually SHOULD qualify for a postseason game, what a joke.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
glad to see the Vols get paid off with a victory after not quitting yet again. Finally paid off for the youngsters. Go Dobbs! No eyebrow having mofo is pretty damn good. Spurrier, I am disappoint. Always running his mouth but cant take any questions after this game??

Brick

Forgot this nugget at the Oregon game.

The game had just ended and a guy in an LSU windbreaker is walking up the stairs. Of course.

So my PackFan-drunk brother starts unintelligibly screaming "Go Tigahhhh, etc." and the guy is loving it.

Out of nowhere some Oregon dude with a flat bill starts heckling, "Hey what are the Tigers doing this year?"

LSU Joe stops in his tracks, gives the dude a sharp look, and says, "There are three divisions in footbaw: the AFC, NFC, and SEC."

Then he strutted out of there like a BTT.

It was a perfect footbaw moment.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
BlaringUnrulyEasternglasslizard.gif

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
lol

http://www.mndaily.com/opinion/letters-editor/2014/11/02/respect-our-national-anthem

Respect our national anthem
By
  • Walter F. Rongey, Daily reader
November 03, 2014

I am neither a University of Minnesota student nor an alumnus. In fact, I graduated from the University of Illinois in 1983 and eventually served for 25 years in the United States Army. I was in attendance at the Minnesota-Illinois football game last weekend — our homecoming at Illinois. My family and I recently moved back to Illinois, and this year, I bought season football tickets.

I’m writing not about what happened on the field during the game, but about something that occurred before the game —specifically during the national anthem. As it happened, we had some Minnesota fans seated near us. This wasn’t unusual, since we’ve had opposing team fans sitting near us at all the games so far.

As a veteran and an American, I take great pride in standing for and singing along with the national anthem. The words contained therein are powerful and are meant to inspire great pride in our nation and the heroes who have given us so much over the years. Many have sacrificed so much to ensure our freedom, and they deserve our utmost respect.

We were singing the National Anthem and came to the last line of the song, “O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.” That line means so much. We are free, and it is because of the brave that we have such freedom. Nevertheless, several of the Minnesota fans inserted the word “Gophers” in place of the word “brave.”

My wife and I were completely shocked and appalled that anyone would do such a thing. I consider it a great affront to all the brave souls who have come before to desecrate our national anthem in such a way. I’m all for team spirit, but I believe there are lines that should not be crossed. This shouldn’t be read as an anti-Minnesota rant. I would be equally disturbed if I heard Illini fans doing likewise.

My wife spoke to one Gophers fan during the game. He told us that this practice has become commonplace at some Minnesota sporting events. I don’t know if that’s the case, but if it is, I would hope that organizations or individuals with sway would encourage the fans to forgo this practice. Our nation, veterans, military, public servants and citizens deserve the respect that the national anthem, sung in the correct manner, gives them.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I just find it funny because that chant has happened at literally every HS and college sporting event I have ever attended, and I have attended quite a few. :laughing: Never met anyone that had a problem with it.

ZeekLTK

Question for @ZeekLTK , @chibob or @hayvis - do they play national anthems before sporting events in other countries? I imagine they do, but don't know for sure.

I've been to games in Mali, Costa Rica, and Finland - Costa Rica and Finland were club games (Saprissa and HJK), and no, I don't believe they played a national anthem before the game. In Mali, it was a qualifying game, Mali vs Guinea. I think they did play the national anthem, but it may just have been because the national team was playing.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I've been to games in Mali, Costa Rica, and Finland - Costa Rica and Finland were club games (Saprissa and HJK), and no, I don't believe they played a national anthem before the game. In Mali, it was a qualifying game, Mali vs Guinea. I think they did play the national anthem, but it may just have been because the national team was playing.

Yeah, I know they played national anthems at the World Cup, but I figured it was a nationalistic thing (my country can beat up your country). I wanted to know if national anthem playing was common in in-country sports.

JCruise

Men don't die on foreign soil for the Gophers its not a funny joke its disrespectful in the extreme.

I understand what Taishair is saying here to a degree, because I respect my uncles and great-uncles who died/were wounded in Europe in World War 2, and I would never disrespect them by saying anything they did wasn't really to protect our freedom, especially since most soldiers from that era didn't volunteer and were forced to go. I certainly wouldn't say something disrespectful in front of my grandmother, who saw the most personal loss from "wars."

But were talking about patriotism here and not disrespecting soldiers' service which is voluntary now. I couldn't agree more with Southpaw about the fact that our military isn't protecting our freedoms any longer. How I feel about our military and what I'm willing to say about them on this forum, however, is different than what I'd say to someone of my grandmother's generation. In THAT sense, I have respect and when she tells war stories of her dead brothers, I DO feel a bit patriotic because I share in her sense of pride.

Other than that, the only time I've really become defensive of our country is when I've been abroad and heard other people talking about the U.S. like they know everything about it, and their ass has never been here and their knowledge of it extends to local newscasts and Marlboro commercials. It was like someone talking bad about my sisters; I can do it, but you can't.

But you know how it is, once I got back home, my "sisters" are still annoying and complaining about them is still second nature.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Lmao, national anthem. I leave my hat on and recite lines from the communist manifesto.

I do like those homos at A&M who dress like soldiers though

Taishair

I'll keep in mind that I no longer fight for your freedoms. Rodger got it no problem guess I just dont quite get it like you civilians do. Look at you a generation or two of peace and you all forget so easily don't you.

sayo

YEET
I'll keep in mind that I no longer fight for your freedoms. Rodger got it no problem guess I just dont quite get it like you civilians do. Look at you a generation or two of peace and you all forget so easily don't you.
Spent 4 years in active duty air force. I don't think I ever really felt like I was fighting for anyone's freedom. To me it was just a jerb to me.

Edit- That's not to say I didn't feel a sense of pride or anything. I just didn't think I was a freedom fighter. The most memorable duty I had was doing honor guard, which was a great experience that gave me a greater sense of duty to my country than my regular jerb.