• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

R2D2

"Chip Kelly era over wah wah wah"

Helfrich in two seasons so far: 15-3
Kelly in his first two seasons: 22-4

Seems to me Oregon is the same Oregon.

Also loling at the fact Nebraska is a mediocre football program. Pelini has never had a season with 9 or less wins. Paul Johnson and GT would like a word with you about the word mediocre.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Kelly didn't inherit a team that had gone to 4 straight BCS bowls and won 2 straight.

Kelly also won 2 Pac-10 titles his first 2 years and never lost to an unranked team at Autzen (didn't lose at Autzen in his first two seasons at all).

Brick

@Brick what happened to outside running plays and play action to WR screens? Didn't see much of it. I've felt the majority of pass plays called under Helfrich are always deep/long developing. Little to none quick passes, can't do that with this line. Offensive playbook looked bland as fuck.
good stuff. remember that helfrich is a koetter disciple. dat vertical passing game.

yes, the quick-hitting passes and screens are all but gone. the quick passes to the sidelines helped the tempo as well.

mame, you're right in that the pac has improved, but this is the worst Oregon team in a while, no doubt. do you really think this Arizona team is any better than any of the average teams Oregon took to the woodshed in recent memory? no. they could have lost 3 games this year, to pretty bad opponents (utsa, Nevada, cal).

think of everything that has changed. Kelly and aliotti were pretty much running those units hisselfs. they're gone now.

Bdub

Can't stand BYU, but that sucks Taysom. Unfortunately you know it was going to happen eventually as much as he runs.

Brick

"Chip Kelly era over wah wah wah"

Helfrich in two seasons so far: 15-3
Kelly in his first two seasons: 22-4

Seems to me Oregon is the same Oregon.
that chip Kelly really disappointed out of the gate with those 4 losses.

on the road against undefeated boise
on the road @ furd
in the rose bowl against ohio state
in the national championship against auburn

first conference title in 8 years, first rose bowl since 1994 his first season.
lost by two points in the national championship game the next season.
Also loling at the fact Nebraska is a mediocre football program. Pelini has never had a season with 9 or less wins. Paul Johnson and GT would like a word with you about the word mediocre.
is it more impressive that he has never had a season with fewer than 9 wins, or hasn't had one with fewer than 4 losses? bo pelini has been at Nebraska since 2008. so far his crowning achievement is beating a mike stoops coached team in the holiday bowl to finish the season ranked 14th. fuck, even Georgia tech won a conference championship and went to a bcs bowl in that span.

would you like some herp to go with all this derp?

Last edited:

R2D2

that damn chip Kelly really disappointed out of the gate with those 4 losses.

on the road against undefeated boise
on the road @ furd
in the rose bowl against ohio state
in the national championship against auburn

first conference title in 8 years, first rose bowl since 1994 his first season.
lost by two points in the national championship game the next season.

is it more impressive that he has never had a season with fewer than 9 wins, or hasn't had one with fewer than 4 losses? bo pelini has been at Nebraska since 2008. so far his crowning achievement is beating a mike stoops coached team in the holiday bowl to finish the season ranked 14th. fuck, even Georgia tech won a conference championship and went to a bcs bowl in that span.

would you like some herp to go with all this derp?

According to the NCAA, GT never won that championship. Since that 10-3 season, PJ is 32-25. 1-6 in bowl games all time at GT. Nebraska could literally win the Big Ten this year. Who in that division is reel e good besides maybe Michigan State? Give me a guy who has been 64-24 at Nebraska(who btw in the Big 12 always finished 1st in the North) and a 4-3 bowl record than PJ who has "won" an ACC Championship. Let us not forget the ACC Atlantic was dog shit that year, and Clemson almost won the game.

GT also got beat by a shitty Iowa team in that BS bowl. But I mean hey I'll gladly take some herp with my derp.

Brick

you're right, that ACC championship was not legitimate. Georgia tech was given an unfair advantage that year because their players accepted a couple hundred dollars for selling clothes or some shit.

yes, you must be 19 years old if you are pimping big 12 north championships and in the same breath criticizing the acc atlantic. that big 12 division set the precedent for all shitty divisions that have come since.

by the way, that shitty iowa team donkey stomped iowa state at jack trice 35-3 that year. same season bo pelini corch Nebraska team lost 9-7 in memorial stadium with about 50 butt fumbles to that same iowa state team. by the way, that was Nebraska's "best" team under pelini by about all measures.

we know how cornholers love the transitive property, so that must be relevant.

arm wrestling toddlers tonight, "literally".

Last edited:

R2D2

you're right, that ACC championship was not legitimate. Georgia tech was given an unfair advantage that year because their players accepted a couple hundred dollars for selling clothes or some shit.

yes, you must be 19 years old if you are pimping big 12 north championships and in the same breath criticizing the acc atlantic. that big 12 division set the precedent for all shitty divisions that have come since.

by the way, that shitty iowa team donkey stomped iowa state at jack trice 35-3 that year. same season bo pelini corch Nebraska team lost 9-7 in memorial stadium with about 50 butt fumbles to that same iowa state team. by the way, that was Nebraska's "best" team under pelini by about all measures.

we know how cornholers love the transitive property, so that must be relevant.

arm wrestling toddlers tonight, "literally".

I criticized the ACC Atlantic for -one- season.

That '09 Iowa team almost lost to Northern Illinois at home 17-16. (NIU went 7-4 that year)
Almost lost to Arkansas State 24-21 at home. (ASU finished 4-8) (Who btw Bo Pelini and Nebraska beat 38-9)
Almost lost to Michigan at home 30-28. (Mich finished 5-7 1-7 in the Big Ten. DICKROD.)
Almost lost to Michigan State on the road 15-13. (MSU finished 6-7)

11-2 team but could've very well been 6-6. And Iowa fucking dominated GT only holding them to 143 yards or some shit.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Christ. BYU might not make a bowl game if Taysom Hill is out for the year. This QB is horribad.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
10533121_10152298811436875_92465081522584173_n.jpg

I appreciate the sentiment from May but LOLnope. Maybe in a few years.

Wooly

Christ. BYU might not make a bowl game if Taysom Hill is out for the year. This QB is horribad.

Yeah, BYU's season is pretty much over now. Losing Hill equals losing the season. They just don't have anyone like Hill in the depth chart. That is twice Utah State has knocked Hill out for the season now.

Hope Mangum or Hosik is ready to go next year, they are going to need one of them with how often Hill gets hurt.

Wooly

10533121_10152298811436875_92465081522584173_n.jpg

I appreciate the sentiment from May but LOLnope. Maybe in a few years.

I am pretty sure the committee is going to take 4 conf champs, unless two or more of them with 2 or more losses. A 1 loss conf champ from the Pac or B1G will most likely trump a 1 loss SEC team. I think the other confs will demand it, and I think the committee has already tipped their hat in that direction.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I hate Maryland because my grandparents lived there for a year. My grandma got me a shirt with a big crab on it that said "Maryland is for crabs"

i was 8 years old and didn't know why everyone was laughing at me when I wore that shirt.