• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

B1G Football

Wooly

Yeah, I'm sure his high school stats are the only reason he's the number one kicker in the class.

I didn't say he was. In fact, I asked why he was ranked #1, and I am sure it's based on camps since he is a kicker.

I pointed out that his stats are unusual, which they are. It suggests someone else at his school was kicking too, or he was injured. Or, maybe he is a soccer player who only played FB sporadically but looks to be a great kicker. He is your team's recruit, what is up with his stats.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I didn't say he was. In fact, I asked why he was ranked #1, and I am sure it's based on camps since he is a kicker.

I pointed out that his stats are unusual, which they are. It suggests someone else at his school was kicking too, or he was injured. Or, maybe he is a soccer player who only played FB sporadically but looks to be a great kicker. He is your team's recruit, what is up with his stats.

He's actually Penn State's recruit that Harbaugh is trying to steal.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
As soon as Michigan offers him a scholarship, he gone.

Been begging for an offer, but not getting one because numbers are tight and they already have a scholarship kicker. Either going to grayshirt, preferred walk-on, or go to PSU.

Harbaugh is clearly unhinged. Look at the sideline antics, shirtless pics, cakes with terrible geographic representations, and now sleep overs. Whatever, doe. If the 17 and 18 year olds love it, more power to him.

-YTC

Wooly

Harbaugh?
Chris_hansen.png

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Everything about (and everybody involved with) crootin' is just weird.

I hear you. Pretty much twice a week, there are Michigan people freaking out about not getting the #1 recruit in the nation. I don't get why people get so worked up over the decision of a 17 or 18 year old. But there are people who just live for recruiting.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I mean, I don't want to undersell it. It is vital to the success of the program, so I know how important it is. But the whole concept and everyone involved and the rules and the Twitter stalking and the definition of "commitment"...it's just all so freaking weird.

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
Professionalism as in you don't see Nick Saban crashing on the floor of a recruit or climbing trees. I'm kind of embarrassed for Michigan at this point.

But maybe he's playing chess and errryone else is playing checkers. Terribly interesting regardless.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Professionalism as in you don't see Nick Saban crashing on the floor of a recruit or climbing trees. I'm kind of embarrassed for Michigan at this point.

But maybe he's playing chess and errryone else is playing checkers. Terribly interesting regardless.

He's weird, but he's our brand of weird, so it's okay.

But, let's be honest here, this stuff is strange, but it's not bad. You want to start a conversation on "professionalism," then let's talk about oversigning and forcing players to take medical scholarships so you can sign 25+ players every year. Let's talk about players committing crimes and how coaches respond to that. Instead we're really talking about sleepovers and climbing trees? I mean, there are some real honest-to-god issues with coaches and ethics/professionalism that we could talk about. Sleeping over at a kid's house (with his parents there, no less!) is child's play compared to that stuff.

To be honest, I was about 20x more embarrassed when Harbaugh told Ondre Pipkins he was too hurt to play football at Michigan. Because he might have been screwing Pipkins over. I don't see the harm here at all. It's odd, but it's not hurting the kids at all. Cutting kids who have scholarship offers like Les Miles or forcing people to take medical redshirts like Nick Saban (or lying to the NCAA about free tattoos like Jim Tressel) is a much more damning indictment of a coach's professionalism than climbing a tree.

MSUFanatic

But, let's be honest here, this stuff is strange, but it's not bad. You want to start a conversation on "professionalism," then let's talk about oversigning and forcing players to take medical scholarships so you can sign 25+ players every year. Let's talk about players committing crimes and how coaches respond to that. Instead we're really talking about sleepovers and climbing trees? I mean, there are some real honest-to-god issues with coaches and ethics/professionalism that we could talk about. Sleeping over at a kid's house (with his parents there, no less!) is child's play compared to that stuff.

To be honest, I was about 20x more embarrassed when Harbaugh told Ondre Pipkins he was too hurt to play football at Michigan. Because he might have been screwing Pipkins over. I don't see the harm here at all. It's odd, but it's not hurting the kids at all. Cutting kids who have scholarship offers like Les Miles or forcing people to take medical redshirts like Nick Saban (or lying to the NCAA about free tattoos like Jim Tressel) is a much more damning indictment of a coach's professionalism than climbing a tree.

I mean Harbaugh is JLS level slappy but I can respect he gets the job done. I can't say it's really unprofessional for him to climb trees or sleep at kids houses on a 6'3" piece of carpet.

At least he doesn't feign health problems and chow down on pie after tough losses.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I don't want to talk about the bad stuff. It's been beat to death, and we all agree that recruiting is crooked as hell.

I don't think the weirdness coming out of Michigan is on par with anything crooked. It's just so Damn weird. As a head coach you represent your school and your state. Imo you shouldn't be running around like some slappy doing bizarre things. Show some dignity you're not a high school boy even if you're trying to relate to them.

Obviously on some level it's working. He's put together a great class. Doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it or look at it and just shake our heads. All this stuff is fairly innocent other than the bizarre decision to spend the night. (If that actually happened).

Personally I wouldn't want urbs to act that way. It stinks of desperation.

I'm sure if Michigan starts winning it will be regarded as quirky genius but if they struggle the dialogue will be he's gone off the rails.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't want to talk about the bad stuff. It's been beat to death, and we all agree that recruiting is crooked as hell.

I don't think the weirdness coming out of Michigan is on par with anything crooked. It's just so Damn weird. As a head coach you represent your school and your state. Imo you shouldn't be running around like some slappy doing bizarre things. Show some dignity you're not a high school boy even if you're trying to relate to them.

Obviously on some level it's working. He's put together a great class. Doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it or look at it and just shake our heads. All this stuff is fairly innocent other than the bizarre decision to spend the night. (If that actually happened).

Personally I wouldn't want urbs to act that way. It stinks of desperation.

I'm sure if Michigan starts winning it will be regarded as quirky genius but if they struggle the dialogue will be he's gone off the rails.

:thumbsup:

Brick

KoolAidOhYeahman.gif

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Harbaugh is frimly on the spectrum.

Everytime i find a new story someone is telling him i laugh my ass off though so no complaints

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'd love a job where I could do my most important work in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.... and still make a few million a year.

dude has it made.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Other articles don't mention why it was pulled. And that article wont come up. I find it hard to believe Michigan pulled a 4 star OL scholarship to make room for another 4 star recruit. If this guy was a 3 or 2 star the story would have more validity.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I was wondering how long it would take for that to get posted on here. This bugs but 100x times more than anything you have posted in here. The only good news is that at least it didn't happen after signing day. The kid is going to be just fine - he's got other Power 5 offers. Not a great look for us, definitely, but better than doing this after signing day.

Also, Ohio State fans shouldn't be throwing stones: http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/05/jamel_dean_ohio_state_football.html

Lightningwar

Administrator
The article did come up. Sounds like Michigan ran out of scholarships? This is the shitty side of recruiting. Every school does it however. Or others convince them to come for a year, pay their own way, then dump them. Or others are run out of the program so they can over sign.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Other articles don't mention why it was pulled. And that article wont come up. I find it hard to believe Michigan pulled a 4 star OL scholarship to make room for another 4 star recruit. If this guy was a 3 or 2 star the story would have more validity.

He's a borderline 3/4 star recruit, and I think he's been dropping in the rankings. 247 composite has him as a high 3 star. The chatter is that his offer was pulled because he wasn't developing like Harbaugh wanted. It was definitely an ability pull. Michigan recruiting people aren't sure if Michigan is going to take another OL instead.

The timing is shitty. It should have been done in November, not 2 weeks before signing day. Otherwise, it's just 'crootin.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Difference with Dean is he still had a scholarship.

To me it seems that harbaugh is crootin like he doesn't plan to be around long. Great class coming in but scorched earth left behind. This is the 4th or 5th schollie pull in this class. Filled up on garbage to keep the momentum of his summer swarm tour and now it's time to trim the fat.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Difference with Dean is he still had a scholarship.

To me it seems that harbaugh is crootin like he doesn't plan to be around long. Great class coming in but scorched earth left behind. This is the 4th or 5th schollie pull in this class. Filled up on garbage to keep the momentum of his summer swarm tour and now it's time to trim the fat.

Yeah, and he valued his scholarship so much that he transferred to another school to play. And he still had to sit out a year. That's certainly treating a kid fairly. Swenson is still going to have a scholarship somewhere, and he doesn't have to sit out a year.

I am not a huge fan of pulling offers, but it's been pretty obvious for a while what's been happening with most of those guys that you mentioned. I don't think this scorched earth at all. If it happens before signing day, it's shady, but not straight up dirty. Not compared to, I don't know, a coach who misled a recruit about staying at a school: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/06/mike-weber-ohio-state-drayton/22985877/. When high school coaches get upset about recruiting tactics, that's when I really worry. Screwing over a kid who has signed a LOI by saying he can't play football there (either with or without a scholarship) is despicable. Pulling an offer is shady, but it doesn't touch that.

Now, I certainly want Harbaugh to handle this better in the future. I still feel a bit dirty about all of this. But a Ohio State fan needs to just shut the fuck up. That glass house you live in is not exactly fit for stone throwing. I guess the positive is that you're not an Alabama fan. That would be even more ridiculous.

While we're on the subject, what should pulling an Urban be? Recruiting murderers? Cheating your wife and then quitting because your job is too stressful? He's not exactly a paragon of virtue.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Pulling an urban should be winning national championships. Alabama really pulled an urban this year dominating the playoffs like that. :trollface::trollface::trollface:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
3 of 4/5 schollie pulls have been from Hoke commits. I have no problem with those getting pulled based on Hoke's track record with "high profile" recruits and commitments.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
But a Ohio State fan needs to just shut the fuck up. That glass house you live in is not exactly fit for stone throwing. I guess the positive is that you're not an Alabama fan. That would be even more ridiculous.

Gee. Tee. Eff. Oh.

This is the mongiest of all mong statements. Ma'corch is out making an ass of hisself on the crootin' trail. Only those who root for teams of pure stature are allowed to point that out. Puh-leeze.

It's what made the Sandusky scandal so unbearable as a reasonable PSU fan. For years, all the other fan bases in the country had to hear about PSU "doing it the right way" and the "Grand Experiment" and "success with honor" and all the other crap that PSU fans love to try and flaunt in front of other fan bases, especially those that they have deemed to be doing it "the wrong way." Then, as soon as the scandal hits, all those chickens come home to roost.

Now, UM fans are experiencing it, because their fans have long snubbed their nose at anOSU for their shady practices, and what a shining example UM is for winning the right way. Not doing it the "wrong" way like anOSU. Suck it up, buttercup. 'Cause that's what it takes to win today. And not even the shining paragon of virtue that is UM is above it.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Gee. Tee. Eff. Oh.

This is the mongiest of all mong statements. Ma'corch is out making an ass of hisself on the crootin' trail. Only those who root for teams of pure stature are allowed to point that out. Puh-leeze.

It's what made the Sandusky scandal so unbearable as a reasonable PSU fan. For years, all the other fan bases in the country had to hear about PSU "doing it the right way" and the "Grand Experiment" and "success with honor" and all the other crap that PSU fans love to try and flaunt in front of other fan bases, especially those that they have deemed to be doing it "the wrong way." Then, as soon as the scandal hits, all those chickens come home to roost.

Now, UM fans are experiencing it, because their fans have long snubbed their nose at anOSU for their shady practices, and what a shining example UM is for winning the right way. Not doing it the "wrong" way like anOSU. Suck it up, buttercup. 'Cause that's what it takes to win today. And not even the shining paragon of virtue that is UM is above it.

-YTC

I mean, I take your point, but I'm freely admitting I'm uncomfortable and unhappy with all this. And I'll freely admit that OSU isn't that terrible. The fact that I can only pull 2 incidents, which tons of programs do, is pretty stellar. Not even close to as dirty as the SEC.

I'm just a little tired of Skeeter's obsession with Harbaugh. Ohio State has another great class, but he's talking shit about Harbaugh. Why?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Believe me, I'd love nothing more than for you all to be obsessed with James Franklin's recruiting tactics as he pulls in borderline #1 classes. Recognize that it is a great thing that Skeeter is obsessed with Harbaugh. It probably means good things are ahead for Michigan football. Do you think Skeeter (or any other fan of a B1G school) is obsessed with what Darrell Hazell is doing on the recruiting trail?

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
If you think I'm bad you should see the looneys on bucknuts. I'm just having some fun.

But ytc has very valid points.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
2 more pulled schollies today btw. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth, Enis has been shopping around for a while now, and it was well known he wouldn't end up in the class. If his offer got pulled, it was a long time ago, which is way different than Swenson. Richardson seems more like a straight up decommittment.