• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Aspergers Clearinghouse and Miscellaneous Meaningless Bowl Thread

CJ_24

Ain't no such thing as a regional superconference. Rutgers and Maryland in a midwest conference. West Virginia playing Tejas schools, Missouri in the sec EAST. I like the idea of regional conferences if they are, in fact, regional. It is really the core issue I have with the conference realignments over the previous decade, it ruined the regional nature and the historic geographic rivalries. But These super conferences are not, in fact, regional. So what the hell, might as well dump 'em and get a new one.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I definitely wish there were more high caliber OOC games. If every single Power 5/Top 80/etc. team played 2-3 OOC games against a similar one, there'd be a better idea of strength of schedule and there'd be less debate for playoff inclusion. It's why Basketball is a lot easier, they all play top tier teams in OOC. ADs and Teams still seem focused on the BCS method of 12-0 though, so it's probably not likely

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I definitely wish there were more high caliber OOC games. If every single Power 5/Top 80/etc. team played 2-3 OOC games against a similar one, there'd be a better idea of strength of schedule and there'd be less debate for playoff inclusion. It's why Basketball is a lot easier, they all play top tier teams in OOC. ADs and Teams still seem focused on the BCS method of 12-0 though, so it's probably not likely

Basketball is a lot easier because 1/5 of all the teams make the tournament.

-YTC

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That too, but the difference between the first four out/in usually has some concrete evidence. Handful of examples where a team got in because they beat a top 25 team ooc or something like that

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
That too, but the difference between the first four out/in usually has some concrete evidence. Handful of examples where a team got in because they beat a top 25 team ooc or something like that

Good call, because there's never any debate regarding those last four in positions. Nothing subjective about it.

:rolleyes:

-YTC

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
There's subjectivity, but better data. I know they're not 1 for 1 comparisons due to the nature of the sports both on field and with the structure. Still, I think removing the FCS games is a small enough tweak for strength of schedule to shine through. If tOSU has a win over Duke and PSU has a win over Wake, it's another factor to add into consideration instead of just comparing a random FCS team.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Being subjective about the last 4 teams of a 68 team tournament as opposed to 4 teams out of 4 is definitely not the same thing brah

Soonerfan09

After the BCS, I have no problem with a 4 team playoff or the direction it's headed (8 team playoff which I prefer).

What needs to happen is the mid-major schools that have no chance at winning a shamship need to create another division/league/whatevs between FCS and FBS and play for their own title.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
One of the best things in college football is when Boise beats OU, TCU beats Wisconsin, ECU beats VT/UNC, ULM beats Bama/Arky, etc.

Nah, b

Soonerfan09

They still play OOC games against that division, but what's the point of those teams competing with no chance at a title?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Then give all G5s one of two spots. WKU and WMU (and Houston when they didn't suck) were pretty damn good this year.

coogrfan

Look at this HAVE NOT fan opinion.

grumpy-cat-attends-the-grumpy-guide-to-life-observations-by-grumpy-picture-id453190194

Soonerfan09

You know I could ask the same question about half of the so-called P5's, right?

Sure, but IF a P5 team went undefeated, they would be in the playoffs (more often than not). I don't care if they are actually competitive right now. I just have a problem with a team doing everything they can possibly do (win all their games, conference champs, decent OOC schedule) and still being left out. Houston, Boise, etc. would not be left out, so in my perfect world, they would go to a P5 conference. Teams such as WMU would obviously be left out. So they should play for their own shamship.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's fine because Dabo doesn't swear at refs. He's such a wholesome guy.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Trying to remember if any of that shit went on in their last two games against OU but then I realized that they just straight up fucked OU in the ass with no foreplay.

Lightningwar

Administrator
That is Ben Bouleware for ya. If Clemson isnt trying to fingers guys assholes then they would be trying to break their ankles or kicking them in the head. Stay classy.

Rob's FSU

If you're every with a lady and she whispers into your ear she wants a clemsoning, you'll know what to do.

JAR201166

National championship games on Monday are stupid National championship games on Monday are stupid National championship games on Monday are stupid National championship games on Monday are stupid National championship games on Monday are stupid National championship games on Monday are stupid National championship games on Monday are stupid