• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Aspergers Clearinghouse and Miscellaneous Meaningless Bowl Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
What the fuck Gophers? Players are boycotting the bowl game to protest suspenions of their teammates for a sexual assault?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
What the fuck Gophers? Players are boycotting the bowl game to protest suspenions of their teammates for a sexual assault?
I don't know what to make of that situation, but out of 10 players suspended, dollars to donuts, at least one of them did what they were accused of. Probably more like 9 out of 10.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
What a mess lol. This is definitely a situation where no one knows what the fuck happened and probably never will. The administration has done a god awful job of handling the situation though, that's for certain.

Gopher fan board is predictably a shitshow of epic proportions:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?2-7-National-Titles-Football-Forum

I've personally known classmates who have been raped as well as falsely accused of rape. No matter what happened, it is a nightmare for everyone involved....all I hope for is everyone can find peace some point down the road no matter the outcome of this mess.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator

This is a weird situation where the police and prosecutors office reviewed the evidence, including video and determined no charges were warranted. Then the EOAA comes back and decides they need to be suspended and offer for them to leave school or be expelled. To me it feels like an end around for justice, to me.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This is a weird situation where the police and prosecutors office reviewed the evidence, including video and determined no charges were warranted. Then the EOAA comes back and decides they need to be suspended and offer for them to leave school or be expelled. To me it feels like an end around for justice, to me.

They also seen to have based their recommendation on just a few seconds of video from the entire night. :dunno: It's probably also possible to violate the honor code without being charged, too.

Lightningwar

Administrator
They also seen to have based their recommendation on just a few seconds of video from the entire night. :dunno: It's probably also possible to violate the honor code without being charged, too.

It was about 90 seconds worth of video. The investigators looked at it and described her as “appears lucid, alert, somewhat playful and fully conscious; she does not appear to be objecting to anything at this time,””
The police also interviewed all the witnesses and the alleged victim.

But it seems a bit odd 5 more players who were never investigated by police are also caught up in this. This seems like the moral police are getting their second chance at justice.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It was about 90 seconds worth of video. The investigators looked at it and described her as “appears lucid, alert, somewhat playful and fully conscious; she does not appear to be objecting to anything at this time,””
The police also interviewed all the witnesses and the alleged victim.

But it seems a bit odd 5 more players who were never investigated by police are also caught up in this. This seems like the moral police are getting their second chance at justice.

I read something about an 8 second clip :dunno: She ended up with a restraining order against these guys, was there some kind of gross harrassment after the fact?

Anyway, this looks bad and is not the hill the guys should want to die on.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
App State vs. Toledo Saturday. Could be a shootout. I'm sure it'll just be me and a mountain of Hachiko twitter sludge watching it.
LdGsGL.png

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

And I have a late night soccer game in Japan to blog.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I read something about an 8 second clip :dunno: She ended up with a restraining order against these guys, was there some kind of gross harrassment after the fact?

Anyway, this looks bad and is not the hill the guys should want to die on.

The restraining order was rescinded a few weeks after issued. afaik restraining orders can be had by showing any potential for harm or harassment. It doesnt pass guilt from the alleged sexual assault. I also think it is worth mentioning this was a recommendation from the EOAA and the AD and President went with it. The players didn't have a right to defend themselves in front of this office. That will come with the appeal. Which wouldn't happen until some time in January at the earliest.

IMO this was a pretty shady thing to do by the University. If the University wants to toss them off campus for having a gang bang then go through the proper channels(student conduct hearing where they can defend themselves) to toss them out. Don't rely on a title 9 office to recommend suspension\expulsion without due process, and then follow through on it 10 days before a bowl game. And at the very least inform the players they are under investigation. From what it sounds like these players thought this matter was settled when the prosecutors office dropped the case. Then they get informed of the suspension they ask the university for information, the university hides behind privacy laws. And guys who didn't actively participate but watched were also suspended.

This also highlights the power of these offices that work outside the judicial system.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I think the university handled it really poorly, no doubt, but it's still an idiotic hill to die on.

They are not going to win the public perception. From my friends on the Cities campus, the vast majority of the student body believes that at least some of the suspended sexually assaulted the girl. Sure, some of them may be getting railroaded, but when you stand for all of them you're standing for the rapists too...

And good luck getting the public at large to support you when your own students don't support you.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The criminal justice system is so bad at handling the issue of consent, that handling rape and sexual assault cases has the potential to be an utter failure for someone no matter which way they go. The presumption of innocence is obviously important, but in the context where there is almost no evidence difference between a consensual and non-consensual act, it essentially is "presumption that the alleged victim is lying" and regularly protects the most prevalent type of rapists from punishment (or even charges).

Now from the school's point of view, they don't have to start with the presumption of innocence and can give equal weight to the arguments to both sides. To me, this is a great thing, to me and the only fair way to treat sexual assault/rape cases. The ultimate "power" the university has is to merely kick someone out of school, so it isn't like they are circumventing the legal system to send people to prison, this is the same punishment you can get for cheating on a test, lol.

The whole story is yet another case study in the difference between assumed consent due to lack of struggle and actual positive consent. We need to grow as a society to value the latter and not accept the former. Placing the burden of consent on a woman getting gang banged is fucking absurd, yet even the DA is rolling with this trog logic...

In it, he wrote about the videos, “at no time does she indicate that she is in distress or that the contact is unwelcome or nonconsensual.”

I think consent should always apply to both parties, obviously, but should carry extra burden for the person/people with more power in any given situation. I think the DA certainly should have pressed charges based on power dynamics in that scenario. Instead of expecting the less powerful person to deny consent, we need to expect the person in power to obtain positive consent. The difference might sound trivial, but I think it would go a long way to stopping our college culture of casual acquaintance rape being dismissed as drunken shenanigans. Having 5+ footbaw players on a probably drunk girl is such an absurd power differential that it should at least lead to charges being pressed, imo, and the matter of consent can be considered at trial.

From the school's perspective where there is no presumption of innocence and they give equal weight to both sides of the story... How can you do anything but kick these people out of school? I mean short of a signed fucking consent form for each person and a 0.0 BAC test for the girl, how can you believe their side over her side? If you want to talk about the dangers of false accusations, then I'd suggest that young men not place themselves in situations where consent is anything but crystal clear. Certainly don't put urself into a situation like a drunken gang bang where consent probably can't even be given. Being the 5th guy in and essentially saying "well she didn't fight back and the DA didn't press charges so why can't I play footbaw?" isn't fucking good enough.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And the fact that "but it is only 10 days before the bowl game! NOT FAIR!" is even brought up? Fucking Footbaw, and lol at pretending that a bowl game is remotely important.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
a dozen guys lining up for a chance at a blacked-out drunk chick? JFC talk about putting a quarter in the merry-go-round....that poor girl.

I guess it's too much to ask to expect rational choices from a bunch of brain damaged young adults.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
a dozen guys lining up for a chance at a blacked-out drunk chick? JFC talk about putting a quarter in the merry-go-round....that poor girl.

I guess it's too much to ask to expect rational choices from a bunch of brain damaged young adults.

Never understood the appeal of a "gang bang". I was a pervy/horny young guy, but grosses me out to think of having sex with someone WHO JUST HAD sex with another dude.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I really don't understand why every college athlete doesn't make a recording of the girl consenting before every hookup...is it really that difficult?

"Hey, I'm a college athlete so I just want to be safe, can I record you consenting so we are on the same page here?"

Doesn't even have to be a video, just audio. Maybe it makes a few girls turn you down, but you're a footbaw player, god knows you'll have other chances.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I really don't understand why every college athlete doesn't make a recording of the girl consenting before every hookup...is it really that difficult?

"Hey, I'm a college athlete so I just want to be safe, can I record you consenting so we are on the same page here?"

Doesn't even have to be a video, just audio. Maybe it makes a few girls turn you down, but you're a footbaw player, god knows you'll have other chances.

Sounds like a great way to lose wood

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think just being a non-troglodyte and asking for positive consent would probably keep you plenty safe in the vast majority of cases, as most of these situations stem from a lack of communication/empathy.

CJ_24

I think just being a non-troglodyte and asking for positive consent would probably keep you plenty safe in the vast majority of cases, as most of these situations stem from a lack of communication/empathy.

Right, and as you have discussed previously, it starts with the inadequate sexual education kids receive when they are younger. Common sense ideas, such as communication, are rarely taught (or not taught extensively) in sex ed classes.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed

I mean, they did get her "consenting" on tape...

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I mean, they did get her "consenting" on tape...
I don't think it was verbally though...

Anyways the gophers fan board is already saying this is the Duke lacrosse scandal part 2, the girl is lying, and that the football players are heroes for the boycott....

Who really cares what the EOAA has to say. It is a bunch of feminazies of still think Hillary won. Get real. Because of people like this committee is the exact reason Trump won. Enough of the PC crowd already. Let's support the team.

Thepro_23

Could still say they were coerced or intoxicated. It's a good idea but not a absolute solution.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ya'll going way too far into the trap... This reminds me of the classic @fried rice condom talk.

If you need a fuck contract or are afraid ur partner is going to dig a used condom out of the trash and impregnate herself, then maybe you need to consider making some better life decisions about the type of random ass sketchy people you are sleeping with, lol. Adding a layer of CYA / Plausible deniability really isn't the point...

I'm not trying to be a puritan, but there is a line somewhere... and if you are worried about trash condom babbies, you've crossed it.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I mean, for me personally I'm obviously not putting myself in that situation lol, but clearly the footbaw trogs will anyways....obviously there's a better solution, but I think for these guys clearly defining consent is somehow easier than avoiding sleeping with sketchy people sadly

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
One Gopherhole user got banned for writing this:

The recommended punishments were so extreme and so after the fact that the whole thing just looks awful to anyone on the outside on all levels. The team mutiny looks bad to some people, even though it is the only good thing to come out of this mess. I was so proud to see Duke, Woli and Mitch standing in front, shoulder to shoulder.
This looks bad to recruits and minorities, because it creates the impression the U of M does not treat Black athletes (or any athletes) fairly when the PR is bad and the chips are down.. This also creates a very negative vibe for the average lazy Minnesotan, who did not pay any attention to the actual details, but just saw those 10 minority members on their TV or Newspaper, and then made some dumb comment about how we should just support NSDU from now on.
Believe me some people in Minnesota think this way, especially when we get the whole " we just need to recruit more good Minnesota (read white) kids.
This is bad on so many levels. Unless the regents step w\in we are going to sub Purdue levels, and at least they got to go to one Rose Bowl in the last 50 years.

To be fair, NDSU should be seriously thinking about moving up, maybe to the MAC, but they would be a nice fit in the B1G. User here has got a point. The Bison have surpassed the Gophers in terms of talent.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
One Empire group member wrote, "Party at my crib 331 invite hoes!!
A2 wrote, "I got 4 hoes where the party at'' and "Go to the rail hell a hoes"
A 11 wrote, "i just told some hoes"
Other messages discuss potential or actual sexual encounters with unidentified women. For
example:
• Accused student A 11 sent a message about an unidentified woman stating, "if she aint
tryna fck imma be pissed."
• A 11 later sent a joking message about an unidentified woman stating, "run her?" -·
which generally refers to more than one man having sex with the same woman.
• A2 sent a message stating, "I'm sliding in some pussy rn lol" about an unidentified
woman at l :35am. ("Rn" is an abbreviation for "right now." "Lol" is an abbreviation for
"laughing out loud.")
Other messages refer to RS :;
• At 3:17am, A2 sent a message referring to RS that stated, "Me and the recruit
finna double team this bitch.'' ("Finna'' generally means "going to.")
• At 3:25am, A2 sent another message stating, "Lol we forreal going brazy lol."
("Brazy" generally means "crazy.,)
• A2 later messaged, "I took good videos."
• Finally, at 4:17am, A2 messaged, "Damn A10 • all 3 them n****s hitting rn."
("Hitting" generally means "having sex with." A2 used a l'acia} epithet in this
message that we do not reproduce in full.)
EVIDENCE RELATED TO RS PHONE

Last edited: