• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Off Season Thread

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I still don't have the game. I'm waiting for assurances that if I get it, there will be a spot in the Bigly for me. The game holds virtually no value to me outside of that haha.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

Join us, we could be the best OOTP triumvrate in history

Anyways FANFIC to come but I'll give the non-fiction version for you non-readers.

I will be joining Lloyd Carr in Buffalo as co-gm/Manager. I would not have left Istanbul without having this guarantee because I don't want to actually quit. But I did want a change. At first I thought I wanted to move the team to Casablanca, but then I realized I just wanted a new team. ToGo will be gone in a couple years and the new team is just akward. FWIW, I think my organization is in a great spot and ebars (assuming he does take over, if not, Mak I guess?) will be fine. But I think Istanbul is jumping the shark for me, things aren't going my way and at the same time there isn't a challenge left, if that makes sense. I've built the team, so now I wait to see if either they pan out or they don't, and I'm too attached to move guys around as needed. So I think some new blood for the team will be a good thing. Ebarws can decide which of the 7 SP in the org to trade to get another impact bat and they'll take off, but I'm too married to the players and my strategy. I hope it doesn't sound too whiney, but basically if I'm going to endure another rebuild I'd rather see it from a completely fresh perspective. And if Istanbul makes the playoffs and wins the WS next year (lol) then I can pat myself on the back.

Moving to Buffalo gave me my passion back. I spent a couple hours last night coming up with a plan for the org. I could feel the relief on some of our prospect's faces when I saved them from repeating their 4th year in A ball. Buffalo is a new challenge but a fun one. I also have more accountability with Lloyd so I can't do stupid things without his say so. I figure it's likely down the road I end up picking up a new team when needed (not for a little while for sure, I want to get Buffalo back to the playoffs at least) and I'm not going to leave the boards at all. I'm a little more motivated to get back to writing immersion stuff or at least doing draft grades too, so there's that.

But yeah, if that sounds too whiney it probably is, but I think this will work out for the best. And I'm confident ebarws will be a good owner for Istanbul and it's like we're adding an extra owner without losing one, so that's good too. I hope I don't spark some massive chain reaction of people quitting, maybe everyone will swap teams or something though :laughing:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh and I'm going to help us setup the WBC if we still want to do that. Not difficult to actually implement but gotta figure out which countries to use and/or how to split them up and all that jazz.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Join us, we could be the best OOTP triumvrate in history

Anyways FANFIC to come but I'll give the non-fiction version for you non-readers.

I will be joining Lloyd Carr in Buffalo as co-gm/Manager. I would not have left Istanbul without having this guarantee because I don't want to actually quit. But I did want a change. At first I thought I wanted to move the team to Casablanca, but then I realized I just wanted a new team. ToGo will be gone in a couple years and the new team is just akward. FWIW, I think my organization is in a great spot and ebars (assuming he does take over, if not, Mak I guess?) will be fine. But I think Istanbul is jumping the shark for me, things aren't going my way and at the same time there isn't a challenge left, if that makes sense. I've built the team, so now I wait to see if either they pan out or they don't, and I'm too attached to move guys around as needed. So I think some new blood for the team will be a good thing. Ebarws can decide which of the 7 SP in the org to trade to get another impact bat and they'll take off, but I'm too married to the players and my strategy. I hope it doesn't sound too whiney, but basically if I'm going to endure another rebuild I'd rather see it from a completely fresh perspective. And if Istanbul makes the playoffs and wins the WS next year (lol) then I can pat myself on the back.

Moving to Buffalo gave me my passion back. I spent a couple hours last night coming up with a plan for the org. I could feel the relief on some of our prospect's faces when I saved them from repeating their 4th year in A ball. Buffalo is a new challenge but a fun one. I also have more accountability with Lloyd so I can't do stupid things without his say so. I figure it's likely down the road I end up picking up a new team when needed (not for a little while for sure, I want to get Buffalo back to the playoffs at least) and I'm not going to leave the boards at all. I'm a little more motivated to get back to writing immersion stuff or at least doing draft grades too, so there's that.

But yeah, if that sounds too whiney it probably is, but I think this will work out for the best. And I'm confident ebarws will be a good owner for Istanbul and it's like we're adding an extra owner without losing one, so that's good too. I hope I don't spark some massive chain reaction of people quitting, maybe everyone will swap teams or something though :laughing:
tl;dr

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
azVVG5N_700b_v1.jpg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
When taking over a storied franchise, your first order of business is moving the team somewhere and rebranding. Orlando will be more than happy to accommodate.

You have the entire world to choose from, but I recommend picking a small seaside town or flyover state that has meaning to only you.

He's from the Bay Area, so...

SAN FRANCISCO TANNERS

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
BUFFALO

Offering:

LF Robert Louis - 29 HR last year in a near 2 WAR performance. 4 years of control left.
3B Juan Elias - 3.7 WARs last year with 25 bombs and a 133 white rice curry. Still on the minimum with 4 more years of control
SS/2B Cameron HORSE LEE - One of the leagues premier defenders who can actually hit. Two time Glove Wizard (1 at 2B and 1 at SS), all-star last year. 2 more years of control at a very cheap price due to his defense.
LHSP Rufino Santos - Power lefty that gets ground outs. Just 25 years old, put up a 3.15 fip with 160 K last year.
Anyone else on the roster other than Jose Requero (12 1sts) or Omer van Inveld (6 1sts) is available too.

Wants:
Prospects, preferably on the offensive side of things, and picks, depending on the player.

Feel free to contact me, Lloyd Carr, or me and Lloyd Carr simultaneously if you're interested.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
BUFFALO

Offering:

LF Robert Louis - 29 HR last year in a near 2 WAR performance. 4 years of control left.
3B Juan Elias - 3.7 WARs last year with 25 bombs and a 133 white rice curry. Still on the minimum with 4 more years of control
SS/2B Cameron HORSE LEE - One of the leagues premier defenders who can actually hit. Two time Glove Wizard (1 at 2B and 1 at SS), all-star last year. 2 more years of control at a very cheap price due to his defense.
LHSP Rufino Santos - Power lefty that gets ground outs. Just 25 years old, put up a 3.15 fip with 160 K last year.
Anyone else on the roster other than Jose Requero (12 1sts) or Omer van Inveld (6 1sts) is available too.

Wants:
Prospects, preferably on the offensive side of things, and picks, depending on the player.

Feel free to contact me, Lloyd Carr, or me and Lloyd Carr simultaneously if you're interested.

What would it take to get Santos? I have a shit ton of offensive prospects and no pitching (as usual) and I refuse to be mediocre.