• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066-67 Off-Season

Wooly

Bro... I've supported you on the having 34-year olds on A but this is total bullshit.

If you have 128 guys in A-ball, that's an accident. But it is IMPOSSIBLE to have 97 guys in AA on mistake. You HAVE TO promote guys for that to happen. Guys don't just show up in AA like they can in A/AAA (if demoted from WBL roster).

Quit lying and insulting the leagues intelligence.

I think he moved them based on age, but didnt have time to go through and cut them. I am going to let this slide as a mistake, but @Wooly make some cuts ASAP. Everyone else, try to keep it under 40 in each level.

Yeah, I think I gave the Os the more full explanation:

Spent all my offseason money right at the start of the offseason. Was gone and not paying attention after that, didn't realize my AA and AAA teams were almost empty.

Sim right before ST starts: Oh shit, everyone left from my AA and AAA teams, better make a ton of MiL contract offers. Just sorted everyone by a star ranking, and started making a MiL offers to all the 3 star players, and a lot of the 2 stars before I stopped. I figured very few would actually sign, and I didn't have time to look through them, I was trying to get the offers in right before the sim happened.

Next day: Oh shit, they ALL signed. I have like 150 players in A ball. :laughing:I have only a couple of hours before leaving on my trip, don't have time to fix it now, but I don't want to leave all those older guys in A ball. People already blow a gasket when I make a legal contract. I better just throw everyone over 30 into AAA ball, over 25 into AA ball, everyone younger leave in A ball. Have AI set the teams, and I will fix it when I get back. Maybe no one will notice until then...I mean who really has the time to obsess over other teams minor leagues, surely no owners in the WBL are that pathetic...

On my way home late last night: People posting "Oh shit, Wooly has way too many people in his minor leagues. Ban him, cut off his head." Calm down you bunch of histrionicals, I will get my minors fixed up before tomorrow's sim. Working late tonight, probably won't get to my PC until after the sim tonight.

I think that summarizes it.

Wooly

Bro... I've supported you on the having 34-year olds on A but this is total bullshit.

If you have 128 guys in A-ball, that's an accident. But it is IMPOSSIBLE to have 97 guys in AA on mistake. You HAVE TO promote guys for that to happen. Guys don't just show up in AA like they can in A/AAA (if demoted from WBL roster).

Quit lying and insulting the leagues intelligence.

Appreciate the bro doe.

As for the intelligence of the league, well....

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Next day: Oh shit, they ALL signed. I have like 150 players in A ball. :laughing:I have only a couple of hours before leaving on my trip, don't have time to fix it now, but I don't want to leave all those older guys in A ball. People already blow a gasket when I make a legal contract. I better just throw everyone over 30 into AAA ball, over 25 into AA ball, everyone younger leave in A ball. Have AI set the teams, and I will fix it when I get back. Maybe no one will notice until then...I mean who really has the time to obsess over other teams minor leagues, surely no owners in the WBL are that pathetic...
- the guy with 97 players on his AA team?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Yeah, I think I gave the Os the more full explanation:

Spent all my offseason money right at the start of the offseason. Was gone and not paying attention after that, didn't realize my AA and AAA teams were almost empty.

On my way home late last night: People posting "Oh shit, Wooly has way too many people in his minor leagues. Ban him, cut off his head." Calm down you bunch of histrionicals, I will get my minors fixed up before tomorrow's sim. Working late tonight, probably won't get to my PC until after the sim tonight.

I think that summarizes it.

Let me see if I'm following ur logic here. You spent all of ur money this offseason and even went through the process of getting more money by selling draft picks, didn't bother to look at ur minor system, decided to just offer contracts to everyone you could, didn't bother to trim them, and then think we'll buy the "I didn't have time to figure out who I wanted to keep"? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.

In regards to ur question - I don't know, maybe teams that are looking for players to fill out their minors? I thought it was strange the number of eligible FA shrank before ST but never thought some numbnuts would offer MiLB contracts to anyone that would take them.

Wooly

Yet again...

Toes the line, gets called on it. "This is all legal. Why are you'll always picking on me? Idiots."

Every damn time
Read the explanation again. Read it twice if you need. Accidentally signing a bunch of guys is not toeing the line. You are just seeing what you want to see, yet again.

NML

Read the explanation again. Read it twice if you need. Accidentally signing a bunch of guys is not toeing the line. You are just seeing what you want to see, yet again.

I've read ur sperging. Of course you don't think ur in the wrong. You never do!

And lol @ accidentally

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You didnt need to sign any of them really.

doh

It's an accident to end up with 97 people on a AA team? Again A-level-- I understand. Players just go there. But AA?

giphy.gif

Wooly

It's an accident to end up with 97 people on a AA team? Again A-level-- I understand. Players just go there. But AA?

I explained that in my previous post. I accidentally signed way too many players. I didn't have time to fix it before leaving on my trip, so I sorted them by age, let the AI do its thing, and saved it until I got home.

Sim right before ST starts: Oh shit, everyone left from my AA and AAA teams, better make a ton of MiL contract offers. Just sorted everyone by a star ranking, and started making a MiL offers to all the 3 star players, and a lot of the 2 stars before I stopped. I figured very few would actually sign, and I didn't have time to look through them, I was trying to get the offers in right before the sim happened.

Why would I want 97 guys in AA? Do you think I would have 97 guys on purpose, for some strategic reason? What good does that do anyone?

Wooly

You didnt need to sign any of them really.

Well, I was down to like 8 players. I had to fill those squads. I don't think it's unreasonable to sign a bunch of MiL contracts to fill out your older squads. I just didn't expect all of the offers to sign, I thought I would get something like 15 or 20.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well, I was down to like 8 players. I had to fill those squads. I don't think it's unreasonable to sign a bunch of MiL contracts to fill out your older squads. I just didn't expect all of the offers to sign, I thought I would get something like 15 or 20.
You signed 100 and had like 297 players. I think you would have been ok.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I explained that in my previous post. I accidentally signed way too many players. I didn't have time to fix it before leaving on my trip, so I sorted them by age, let the AI do its thing, and saved it until I got home.

Why would I want 97 guys in AA? Do you think I would have 97 guys on purpose, for some strategic reason? What good does that do anyone?

To keep other teams from signing them? It does about the same amount of good as having a team with an average age of 31 in A ball.

Wooly

:laughing:
I don't know how many A players I had to be honest. Most of them are just shitty late round picks of course, who should never leave A ball. I would have moved many of them up anyway, but I also wanted 15-20 guys with AA and AAA talent, to help round out those teams. I just never expected all of the offers to sign.

TonyGin&Juice

This makes no sense.

To keep other teams from signing them? It does about the same amount of good as having a team with an average age of 31 in A ball.

Next you're going to say teams with insane budgets selling draft picks for cash is in bad taste.
I don't know how many A players I had to be honest. Most of them are just shitty late round picks of course, who should never leave A ball. I would have moved many of them up anyway, but I also wanted 15-20 guys with AA and AAA talent, to help round out those teams. I just never expected all of the offers to sign.

I just followed ur lead and offered MiLB contracts to every free agent. We're winning A, AA, and AAA shampionships this season babby.

Wooly

Wow. You think I would do that? Do you think I was planning on hiding 97 guys in AA ball and no one notice at some point? Tin foil hat time.

That narrative about me having lots of 30 year olds in A ball was not even true in the first place, and it was at least 6 years ago anyway. Get a new false narrative. You can go fuck yourself too.

Wooly

This makes no sense.

Next you're going to say teams with insane budgets selling draft picks for cash is in bad taste.

I just followed ur lead and offered MiLB contracts to every free agent. We're winning A, AA, and AAA shampionships this season babby.

Good on ya. Have at it. And while you are at it, go fuck yourself too.

TonyGin&Juice

Good on ya. Have at it. And while you are at it, go fuck yourself too.

Ur in luck, my 2052 and 2059 WORLD SERIOUS CHAMPIONS rangs just showed up along with my Urban Meyer fleshlight. Might have to put on some PINKY IN ER PRIME and stroke away babby.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Wow. You think I would do that? Do you think I was planning on hiding 97 guys in AA ball and no one notice at some point? Tin foil hat time.

That narrative about me having lots of 30 year olds in A ball was not even true in the first place, and it was at least 6 years ago anyway. Get a new false narrative. You can go fuck yourself too.

U mad?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just use the A filler until you get back then.

TonyGin&Juice

Is that Urban Meyer's old fleshlight, or a fleshlight with Urban Meyer on it?

Fleshlight shaped like Urban Meyer. Hope nobody needed an OF or C, I just offered all of the FA OF and C a MiLB. Can the Miami org with the WBL, AAA, AA, and A shampionships this season? We're gonna give it a damn good try babby.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Fleshlight shaped like Urban Meyer. Hope nobody needed an OF or C, I just offered all of the FA OF and C a MiLB. Can the Miami org with the WBL, AAA, AA, and A shampionships this season? We're gonna give it a damn good try babby.
I never thought I'd say this but: I'm gonna need to see pictures of this Urban Meyer-shaped fleshlight

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wooly is either half retarded or is a genius and keeps finding ways that look like terrible decisions but are really some sort of insane advantage. He signed a bunch of shitty players, why is it such a huge deal? Just tell him to cut em down and then if he doesn't I'll do it.

The bitching is worse than the wooly

TonyGin&Juice

Wooly is either half retarded or is a genius and keeps finding ways that look like terrible decisions but are really some sort of insane advantage. He signed a bunch of shitty players, why is it such a huge deal? Just tell him to cut em down and then if he doesn't I'll do it.

The bitching is worse than the wooly

Ask me when you need FA to fill our ur minors. Planning on rotating players every sim.

doh

It's just insane when someone says "I don't care about the minor leagues" when he signs 100 minor leaguers to a system that already had 200.

Wooly must just think the rest of us are total morons.

Wolfman21

I honestly don't give 2 fucks about this.

The other 99% of wooly shenanigans make me want to jump in though. Mob mentality baby. If Fax had won anything, we'd be tearing down statues tonight motherfuckers

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
It is becoming more and more irritating with each passing season that @Wooly tries to pull the wool over our collective eyes. I've been in the league for this 2nd tour since the beginning of the 2062 season. So going on month 9 and the start of a 6th season. This is now the 3rd such instance of minor league fraud. 1st 2 instances were players age. Which I thought would be taken care of in a timely matter, but he continues to not give 2 shits while flaunting it back. And now this? It's already bad enough to have one of the top 2 or 3 budgets in game (pushing 200M) asking for money in order to go sign IFA's. And now he signs another 100 players that weren't needed due to having already a bloated farm system. Maybe it's time to look for an owner who will color inside the lines?

NML

Kicking him out is dumb and won't happen

I don't think he's being malicious either

But his constant deflecting onto other people triggers me so hard. I've never seen him admit to doing something wrong

doh

Kicking him out is dumb and won't happen

I don't think he's being malicious either

But his constant deflecting onto other people triggers me so hard. I've never seen him admit to doing something wrong
I'm with this. Don't kick him out.

But don't like we are total idiots and you end up with 300 minor league players on mistake and it's the games fault. I just don't know how someone can have 97 people on a AA team and think that's OK/it just happened.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I actually believe this was an honest mistake. I mean of course it had to be wooly, but I don't think he thought they would all sign and then he didn't have time to clean up the mess completely other than mass moving people to levels based on age. He is going to make cuts and I doubt he does this again.

We aren't kicking owners out unless they do something malicious. Come on figs. I mean you should not be making those suggestions.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm with this. Don't kick him out.

But don't like we are total idiots and you end up with 300 minor league players on mistake and it's the games fault. I just don't know how someone can have 97 people on a AA team and think that's OK/it just happened.
I don't think that is at all what he implied.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Then retract his team and one from the North (I'll volunteer as tribute) to bring the WBL back to it's original number. He has stepped over lines for far too long with seemingly no repercussions.
Do we start to take draft picks away? An entire draft if this keeps up? Or outright start deleting ML players for a 3rd offense? I know these are highly unlikely to pass, but I dunno what else to do.

TonyGin&Juice

I actually believe this was an honest mistake. I mean of course it had to be wooly, but I don't think he thought they would all sign and then he didn't have time to clean up the mess completely other than mass moving people to levels based on age. He is going to make cuts and I doubt he does this again.

Look, if you've played this game for any period in time you know that SOME BUM FAs will take a minor league deal when you offer them one. Someone as splerged out on this game as Wooly, the guy who sold draft picks to sign more IFAs despite having a top budget, assuming this is not the case is insane and a complete insult to the intelligence of Terri Schiavo. What he did was offer EVERYONE that would take one a MiLB deal so he didn't have to look through them and make a decision right then and there just in case there was someone good available he didn't want to miss. Surely you can see why that's a fuckstick thing to do, right?

The multiple seasons of having guys that were at worst AAAA level down in A to set HR records and win shampionships was bullshit but nobody seemed to be too heated about that other than me and Karl. Him signing anyone that would take a MiLB deal so he could separate the corn from the turd at a later date is just more of the fuckstick shit that clown does. By all means let's just chalk this up to more of the "Wooly being Wooly" that we're all used to and move on like he did nothing wrong.