• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066-67 Off-Season

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Then retract his team and one from the North (I'll volunteer as tribute) to bring the WBL back to it's original number. He has stepped over lines for far too long with seemingly no repercussions.
Do we start to take draft picks away? An entire draft if this keeps up? Or outright start deleting ML players for a 3rd offense? I know these are highly unlikely to pass, but I dunno what else to do.

He already sold most of his picks to sign more IFAs despite having the second highest budget this season...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Then retract his team and one from the North (I'll volunteer as tribute) to bring the WBL back to it's original number. He has stepped over lines for far too long with seemingly no repercussions.
Do we start to take draft picks away? An entire draft if this keeps up? Or outright start deleting ML players for a 3rd offense? I know these are highly unlikely to pass, but I dunno what else to do.

We tell him to cut his fucking teams down and not act like he released everyone from his organization.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Look, if you've played this game for any period in time you know that SOME BUM FAs will take a minor league deal when you offer them one. Someone as splerged out on this game as Wooly, the guy who sold draft picks to sign more IFAs despite having a top budget, assuming this is not the case is insane and a complete insult to the intelligence of Terri Schiavo. What he did was offer EVERYONE that would take one a MiLB deal so he didn't have to look through them and make a decision right then and there just in case there was someone good available he didn't want to miss. Surely you can see why that's a fuckstick thing to do, right?

The multiple seasons of having guys that were at worst AAAA level down in A to set HR records and win shampionships was bullshit but nobody seemed to be too heated about that other than me and Karl. Him signing anyone that would take a MiLB deal so he could separate the corn from the turd at a later date is just more of the fuckstick shit that clown does. By all means let's just chalk this up to more of the "Wooly being Wooly" that we're all used to and move on like he did nothing wrong.
This is what I mean by you two being the worst.

NML

You can't punish someone when they aren't breaking the rules.

You can mock them and change the rules doe

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We tell him to cut his fucking teams down and not act like he released everyone from his organization.
Yeah this is pretty much it. I don't know what you want us to do? Punish people? For what exactly?

osick87

Community Liaison
We didn't really put a punishment down for breaking the don't be an asshole rule.

Reactions: doh

TonyGin&Juice

This is what I mean by you two being the worst.

I'm heated my guys didn't get to celebrate in style at Dave 'n Busters for winning the A shampionship last season. As long as they're part of this organization that's the only winning they'll be doing. Surely you can see why I'm heated over this.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
giphy.gif

osick87

Community Liaison
Remember when we had 30 man limit on every minor league team @OU11 and @Orlando.

Imagine now with that rule. Eventually cutting someone's favorite half star because the game wouldn't let us sim past or someone wouldn't cut a few.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
im just saying ive done this and i was probably in my 3rd real life year of being the commissioner. i wasnt paying attention and signed probably 50. so i didnt go full retard, i went more forrest gump

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Remember when we had 30 man limit on every minor league team @OU11 and @Orlando.

Imagine now with that rule. Eventually cutting someone's favorite half star because the game wouldn't let us sim past or someone wouldn't cut a few.
that was a lot of fun for me until it stopped every single night because somehow 3 people had pushed the limit on one of their teams

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
that was a lot of fun for me until it stopped every single night because somehow 3 people had pushed the limit on one of their teams
Yeah. I don't want to be doing the maintenance on every team. That's why we made it a soft cap. If we do a hard cap I'm cutting top prospects :laughing:

ZackMills

Have mercy

Maybe you should vacate his WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Wooly

That is the plan. I just can't get to it until tomorrow's sim. I don't want all those guys on my teams. I did post this.

osick87

Community Liaison
I think he moved them based on age, but didnt have time to go through and cut them. I am going to let this slide as a mistake, but @Wooly make some cuts ASAP. Everyone else, try to keep it under 40 in each level.

Shit I read this as 30. Either way the next few sims should have some decent minor league shuffles.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah, Wooly is again just an oblivious 16 year old girl that means us no harm at all, let's take the word of his former cO-GM turned O-advocate.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah, Wooly is again just an oblivious 16 year old girl that means us no harm at all, let's take the word of his former cO-GM turned O-advocate.
The guy who 'doesn't care' about the minors signs 100 guys to fill the minors then puts 97 guys on a team you have to move players to.

Are people this stupid to believe this was all just a mistake? Guess so.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The guy who 'doesn't care' about the minors signs 100 guys to fill the minors then puts 97 guys on a team you have to move players to.

Are people this stupid to believe this was all just a mistake? Guess so.
Holy fuck. The number of signings was the mistake. Moving players was to try to get them closer to an appropriate level for age. He didn't have time for cuts.

What is the point of your post? Do you think this was malicious? What do you want? For him to be kicked out? If we kicked out every asshole the league would have no owners.

Wolfman21

Holy fuck. The number of signings was the mistake. Moving players was to try to get them closer to an appropriate level for age. He didn't have time for cuts.

What is the point of your post? Do you think this was malicious? What do you want? For him to be kicked out? If we kicked out every asshole the league would have no owners.

Complaining about wooly has to be done atleast once every season.

Wolfman21

The dick rule transcends the game, man.

No K update?

Im in bed. Waiting for team stats/schedule to update on website so i can post the K update. Looks like they both brought their eras down significantly...so hopefully some strikeouts came with it!

doh

I posted specifically I don't want him kicked out. I have no problems with wooly and was one of the few who supported him on the A-ball thing. Hell you and I even argued whether winning matters in devo and I didn't think it is related to 34 year olds in A-ball.

Although if you look a this team he has some insanely good players who were cheap IFA signings or late picks which has started to make me think twice about winning mattering in devo (although thats a story for another day...)

The point of the post is don't insult the rest of us by saying I got 97 players on AA on mistake. I had no problem with signing 100 guys but when they're assigned you can't say you had no idea. Also don't post 'I don't give a shit about having players/minors' WHEN YOU SIGN 100 PLAYERS.

It makes the game a lot less fun for me and others who are looking for 3-4 MLFA types to fill holes or might end up having a chance to be a filler-type WBL player. That's actually one of my favorite parts of the game -- signing MLFA that you think may help at some point.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I posted specifically I don't want him kicked out. I have no problems with wooly and was one of the few who supported him on the A-ball thing. Hell you and I even argued whether winning matters in devo and I didn't think it is related to 34 year olds in A-ball.

Although if you look a this team he has some insanely good players who were cheap IFA signings or late picks which has started to make me think twice about winning mattering in devo (although thats a story for another day...)

The point of the post is don't insult the rest of us by saying I got 97 players on AA on mistake. I had no problem with signing 100 guys but when they're assigned you can't say you had no idea. Also don't post 'I don't give a shit about having players/minors' WHEN YOU SIGN 100 PLAYERS.

It makes the game a lot less fun for me and others who are looking for 3-4 MLFA types to fill holes or might end up having a chance to be a filler-type WBL player. That's actually one of my favorite parts of the game -- signing MLFA that you think may help at some point.
He didn't say that though. He said he had no idea they would sign and then he didn't have time to decide who to cut and keep.

I understand why it upset people, which is why he will make cuts. Saying something like, "are we just going to pretend it's a mistake," implies that we should punish him or something.

doh

He didn't say that though. He said he had no idea they would sign and then he didn't have time to decide who to cut and keep.

I understand why it upset people, which is why he will make cuts. Saying something like, "are we just going to pretend it's a mistake," implies that we should punish him or something.
I understand and don't mind the signing part or offering a ton of guys. You don't know who will sign.

The assigning to AA meant he knew he had that many. I'm not advocating for him to punish him. I'm advocating him to stop insulting everyone elses intelligence.

You also can't say 'I DONT CARE ABOUT MINORZ' then have 150 more players than anyone else.

We have lots of smart owners in this league who have fun and to have someone essentially give the middle finger to the rest of the league every time they do something that no one else does is getting old.

TonyGin&Juice

I don't for one second believe this. SOME BUM FAs almost always take MiLB offers, especially from decent teams. There is zero chance he didn't know this.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't for one second believe this. SOME BUM FAs almost always take MiLB offers, especially from decent teams. There is zero chance he didn't know this.
i was commissioner for multiple real life years and did it, so there is definitely more than zero chance

Wooly

@doh , you might be misunderstanding me.

Having all those players sign was the mistake. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to fix the mistake. As soon as I saw that all those players had signed, I was a couple of hours from leaving on my trip. I didn't have any time to go through the players and cut all the extras. That said, I didn't want to leave them all in A ball either, in case someone saw I had tons of 30yo players and freaked out. I also needed to get all my minor league teams set up. Since I could not fix the mistake before leaving, the best thing I could do was to quickly sort them by age and put them into AA and AAA, then have the AI setup the teams. So yes, I did know I was putting a lot of players into AA and AAA teams, but I was doing it because I didn't have time to deal with all those extra players that signed. I knew I would have to go through and cut tons of players when I got back from my trip. In order to quickly sort the players, I just chose some age cut offs that seemed to make sense. Everyone 25 or younger stays in A ball, everyone else up to 29 into AA ball, and then everyone over 30 into AAA. I didn't have time to get into it more than that. I got back late last night, and had to work late tonight to catch up. Now is the earliest I have had to deal with the problem.

Does that make sense? Do you see why I ended up with so many players in AA and AAA, instead of just A ball? I did post this explanation previously, I did explain how I got so many players into AA and AAA teams.

I certainly don't want all those players, there is no reason anyone would. There is no advantage to it, and it's not like anyone thinks 97 players in AA would go unnoticed either. Do you think I was purposely putting 97 players into AA ball, and thought people wouldn't notice or say anything?

doh

@doh , you might be misunderstanding me.

Having all those players sign was the mistake. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to fix the mistake. As soon as I saw that all those players had signed, I was a couple of hours from leaving on my trip. I didn't have any time to go through the players and cut all the extras. That said, I didn't want to leave them all in A ball either, in case someone saw I had tons of 30yo players and freaked out. I also needed to get all my minor league teams set up. Since I could not fix the mistake before leaving, the best thing I could do was to quickly sort them by age and put them into AA and AAA, then have the AI setup the teams. So yes, I did know I was putting a lot of players into AA and AAA teams, but I was doing it because I didn't have time to deal with all those extra players that signed. I knew I would have to go through and cut tons of players when I got back from my trip. In order to quickly sort the players, I just chose some age cut offs that seemed to make sense. Everyone 25 or younger stays in A ball, everyone else up to 29 into AA ball, and then everyone over 30 into AAA. I didn't have time to get into it more than that. I got back late last night, and had to work late tonight to catch up. Now is the earliest I have had to deal with the problem.

Does that make sense? Do you see why I ended up with so many players in AA and AAA, instead of just A ball? I did post this explanation previously, I did explain how I got so many players into AA and AAA teams.

I certainly don't want all those players, there is no reason anyone would. There is no advantage to it, and it's not like anyone thinks 97 players in AA would go unnoticed either. Do you think I was purposely putting 97 players into AA ball, and thought people wouldn't notice or say anything?
I totally understand that you signed too many. That's fine-- I have zero problem with it. But that's a lot to do for someone who keeps saying 'I dont give a damn about minors'.

There is an advantage to it. You corner the market on MLFA which might not have a huge value but I normally have 3-4 on my 40-man. If there's no advantage to it, why offer 100 MLFA?

You can't say 'I don't care about minors' and 'there's no advantage to it' then do things that directly contradict both statements and pretend like everyone else is wrong. Get real.