• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2063 Season Thread

Wooly

Good start. Hitting well, pitching well, winning. SSS stats sometimes makes you want to move lineups around, but have to resist tinkering until it's actually an issue.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Swept North Dakota and Desi is less than a month away from manning RF?

giphy.gif

Soonerfan09

We finally got our pitching under control, but we still aren't hitting the ball. Thankfully we just got Oliva back, and we have Cairo and Amsterdam this week. I expect us to get things figured out and start putting up some Ws.

Wooly

Terrible week, 2-4, after a 9-2 start. Hitting still pretty good, but SP got roughed up. They went from 1st in SL ERA to 7th in one week!:eek:

Soonerfan09

Wooly might do some borderline shit, but he's one of the most active members. I'd be fine with it, but I know most people wouldn't. Was @worst2first still wanting to join?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wooly might do some borderline shit, but he's one of the most active members. I'd be fine with it, but I know most people wouldn't. Was @worst2first still wanting to join?
I'll handle it if people have a problem with how it's currently working. No trades with Buffalo regardless until they have a real owner. @Lloyd Carr left at such a weird time. His rebuild is finally producing some really good players.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

You want the guy that had a AAAA guy (on his 40 man, no less) in A for an entire season for "immersion" running a decent team in the opposite league? Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go straight to hell.

Wooly

I was offering to help, since I am fairly active and it's not hard to run a team at a passable level by checking in every day. I was not going to do anything unethical or to further my own interests. It was purely to help, as others have done in the past.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think I just forgot to release him when the last dust up happened so there he is. In fact I think it was last in 2060, cuz I took him off the starting lineup so he could just be a leader type player, then I started using auto lineups and he was thrown back in.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was offering to help, since I am fairly active and it's not hard to run a team at a passable level by checking in every day. I was not going to do anything unethical or to further my own interests. It was purely to help, as others have done in the past.
I'm curious what help is needed? This hasn't been done in the past.

Wooly

Check for injuries, tweak the pitching and lineup around here and there if players are playing poorly, see if anyone in the minors needs moving around, or needs to come up, etc. Nothing huge, just tweaking the team here and there so they play better, keep improving. In the past people have run Little Rock and Buffalo, even during offseason signings, which is more than I was suggesting. Although it would be better if someone from the other league ran Buffalo, to be honest.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Check for injuries, tweak the pitching and lineup around here and there if players are playing poorly, see if anyone in the minors needs moving around, or needs to come up, etc. Nothing huge, just tweaking the team here and there so they play better, keep improving. In the past people have run Little Rock and Buffalo, even during offseason signings, which is more than I was suggesting. Although it would be better if someone from the other league ran Buffalo, to be honest.
Otto does all this.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Can I relocate and / or rename the teams? What are the current teams?
Buffalo is available. I'm not sure when we will move to 18, but you might want to borrow a 17 key from Lloyd and then buy 18 if you are truly interested.

The time dedication is up to you. There are key sims you need to do, but you can otherwise put in whatever amount of time you want.

You can move a team if you really want to. Look at our website to see all the teams.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_home.html

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Not very well, but whatever. I am not jonesing for it.
Took a series for you this week!

Edit: Otto is doing just fine with all that, but if he wasn't I would step in. All that tinkering you talked about is just your opinion on what is needed. The only real issue is FA negotiations.

And no, this hasn't been done in the past. Travis was a proxy.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was trying to give @Lloyd Carr some time, but it seems he is not coming back. He was a long time owner, so I figured we could deal with a season or two of Otto if he wanted to come back.

@worst2first if you want the team it is yours. If you moving is a condition to you taking over, I guess that's fine, but we don't want someone moving a team and then quitting a couple seasons later if that makes sense.