• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2060 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We have re-simmed during the season before, we did last year. Would you say it's technically hard?
I would say you should remove the word easy from your vocabulary.

Right now all commishes have advanced or are too far back. We won't be resimming this time.

Wooly

I would say you should remove the word easy from your vocabulary.

Right now all commishes have advanced or are too far back. We won't be resimming this time.

I see. I assumed there were daily backups of the master file. It sounds like all you can do is update the master file. In this case, that would mean you need someone whose game is still in a state exactly one sim old, who could "update" the master file to the last sim, then you could resim. There are no commissioners who have their game in that state. So not technically hard, but logistically not possible today. I get that.

BTW, I am offering to do the sims every Sat and Sun night, to share in the workload.

I am also offering to host a daily backup of the master file.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
We have re-simmed before when there were no exports pulled for the whole league. We have re-simmed for various reasons. It's the right thing to do.

Basically the sim was not done right, so you should fix it when you have the chance. I am not mad at an O for forgetting. I have forgotten to export before too. It happens. However it's an easy thing to fix, so why not just fix it?

I played without an OF and didnt get my guys on the DL either. It messes up my pitching for more than 1 week too. I fixed my injury issue with my export by bringing up a guy from AAA, but without it the CPU did all kinds of crazy things, backups or not. This is not just a 7DL thing either, it's also not getting my rosters updated after an injury.

No re-sims. Everyone was similarly disadvantaged.

Wolfman21

No re-sims. Everyone was similarly disadvantaged.

Seriously...this is like Notre Dame demanding the game against nc state yesterday be replayed because of the conditions.

I kinda want a resim because i only went 2-1 against halifax that sim and i know with exports it woulda been 3-0. But i digress

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I see. I assumed there were daily backups of the master file. It sounds like all you can do is update the master file. In this case, that would mean you need someone whose game is still in a state exactly one sim old, who could "update" the master file to the last sim, then you could resim. There are no commissioners who have their game in that state. So not technically hard, but logistically not possible today. I get that.

BTW, I am offering to do the sims every Sat and Sun night, to share in the workload.

I am also offering to host a daily backup of the master file.

What fucking world do you live in?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Right.

We normally don't back up, aside from key sims, because it's time consuming we have redundancies and will normally notice if something critical goes wrong and fix it amongst the three of us. I suppose backing up the tar would be easier.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
LRM also played without an OF and you don't see @bruin complaining.

GBmTXpC.gif

Wooly

Right.

We normally don't back up, aside from key sims, because it's time consuming we have redundancies and will normally notice if something critical goes wrong and fix it amongst the three of us. I suppose backing up the tar would be easier.
Well, I am offering to help, seriously.

Wooly

yessssssssssss.

I don't think we've ever resimmed such an unimportant sim unless only a few didn't get pulled.

even if it was easy I never would have. what is it the 4th week? idk I'm still on the opening day sim

Well, it's important to me and it affected me, so I asked. There is nothing wrong with that. It was not technically possible to do this time. I understand that.

Everyone picks their level of involvement, and that is just fine. Not everyone wants to check in every day or week. Not everyone wants to spend a lot of time on their team. Some people do. And all of those positions are fine. If some people are very involved, and want a re-sim when exports are not pulled, there is nothing wrong with that either. There have been other weeks when an export didn't get pulled where I said nothing. I asked this time because it affected me enough to want it fixed.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Lisbon's AAA team is hot garbage (sorry @Schauwn )
On Wednesday, we won 30-4 and 30-7 marking the longest double header OF ALL TIME.
On Thursday we won 19-6.

Our AAA team is 12-8 and will be battling Casablanca for first again, with Groton also in the mix.
AA is 11-5 and again will be fighting a Yankee led team (Asgabat) for first. Novaya Maka is probably my most talented team, so this season should see another tight race barring mass injuries or call-ups.
A is 12-5 and leading Division 1, the BLOODBATH of A ball. Amazon and Beirut look to be the top challengers to the current crown holders, although this team is largely made up of 2059 draft picks and certainly isn't the same team as last season.
My ML team is doing a lot better than anticipated, although that could be good or bad. Right now we are 9-10 and a game back of 4th. I don't think we will be able to maintain this pace and similar to last season, we will see a drop off within the next month or two. I think we will be a little better than we were a year ago, but still at least a year a way from being serious competitors.

Too bad AAA box scores don't work for me. That AAA team has 10 total players so everyone has to play every game :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
1.5 games worse than my azz tastes? 2.0 games better than my other azz tastes? Is this a trick question?

Team with no money wins it all and is hanging with the team blowing millions on glue factory bums. Can't wait for the post-season, gonna need to import colons for all of the smashing we gonna do.