• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2059 Season Thread

jdlikewhoa

Miami-Heat-Champagne-Celebration-Chris-Bosh.gif

hart-0.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Major props and congrats to everyone this postseason.

@Wooly - you had me on the ropes too many times to count and somehow the little team of LOATHSOME BUMS just kept getting lucky.

@Wolfman21 - Part of me really wanted you to win because I felt, of all the playoff teams this season, you had the best chance to win it all. No bullshit, I hope you don't tear your team down because I do think you have one of the best teams in not only the South League BLOODBATH but in the WBL.

@Orlando - From the time I joined this league you've been not only one of the best trading partners a league could ask for, but also an insanely fair administrator and a very cool guy. When we made the WS I really thought you'd sweep us and we'd be in the offseason but, somehow, we took it to seven games and barely edged you out. Legit, this wasn't a Bumgarner out of the bullpen moment but it was definitely not something I thought would happen. At numerous times I thought you were going to break it wide open but then a GIDP would happen or one of my control guys would work magic and get a needed K. It's always frustrating to make it to the WS and to take it to seven games and not come out on top but you'll be back and I'll be cheering you on.

Everyone else - great season. Yeah, it's simulation baseball but this is a ton of fun for me and winning it all, after doing a total teardown and a zillion insane trades, with the guys I had on the playoff roster proved to me the randomness of not only playoff baseball but how well OOTP mimics it. Now, let's get to the offseason. Anyone want some of these WINNING GOATS?

NML

I'm at the hospital so I won't be able to do arb/options. Can one of the O's help me out?

TonyGin&Juice

Seems okay to me, look at his series numbers and how close it was.

It was totally the 1960 Jankees-Irates WS. My team was total trash though and didn't have anyone as bad ass as Vern Law on it. Has there been a WBL as bad as mine win the WS before? The 2052 team had a ton of talent, this team not so much.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
With Tony winning the series I think we can call this league a failed experiment and shut down the WBL. It's been fun, guys -- I'll always treasure the shtick we had together.

The hour of waning love has beset us,
And weary and worn are our sad souls now.
Let us part, ere the season of passion forget us,
With a kiss and a tear on thy drooping brow.

TonyGin&Juice

Since this is the second WS I've won in less than a decade Imma let my main man Bukowski give @Mr. Radpants @Mr. Madpants a rebuttal.

I've watched this city burn twice
in my lifetime
and the most notable thing
was the arrival of the
politicians in the
aftermath
proclaiming the wrongs of
the system
and demanding new
policies toward and for the
poor.

nothing was corrected last
time.
nothing will be corrected this
time.

the poor will remain poor.
the unemployed will remain
so.
the homeless will remain
homeless

and the politicians,
fat upon the land, will live
very well.

TonyGin&Juice

This is all I can think about now that the events of last night are sinking in:

51F01aQH3mL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And by bad I mean "half of that lineup couldn't start in AAA" bad.

TonyGin&Juice

Aluera winning MVP is just amazing. He played so well all post season.

Would have been more fitting if it was Claudio doe @Travis7401

My wife asked me who, on my team, was the MVP and I said it was the SS on the losing team. In typical fashion she said - "your team was that bad and still won? That horseshoe ain't never leaving your ass, huh?"

TonyGin&Juice

An anti-SPREADSHEET WARRIOR is really a pro-SPREADSHEET WARRIOR: My life in Monte Carlo simulations and FORTRAN code.