• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I started a MLB league with the Yankees, basically going full tank mode. I'm also in commish mode to play around with Leadership and Morale. I started off trading a lot of guys, both at the start of the season after some time. E.G., I traded Andrew Miller (who has good leadership) to the Cubs for Javier Baez (lazy) and Ryan Kalish (shithead). Team starts complaining immediately, we actually started off 1-12 or some shit. They're constantly messaging me to do something to fix it, so I tried calling up different guys. Some guys with good intangibles helped bring up the mood a tad, others (Mason Williams, shithead) didn't help. So I bumped Didi's Leadership to 200 (he fills this role in real life tbh, I don't know why he was so low) in an attempt to fix it. I also bumped A-Rod, but I only saw an improvement when I did it to Didi, because A-Rod has max greed which apparently cancels out any good will.

Eventually Starlin Castro(shithead) and Masahiro Tanaka (just a normal guy) complain that the team is the tank and they want to be traded. Two other guys complain that the clubhouse is still kinda shitty. I traded Chapman for Gallo but didn't call Gallo up just to see if some of the other minors guys would help. I end up calling up C Hagioshka from AAA, who has the TAGGFECTA of VH LEAD/WE/INT. I also called up Slade Heathcott (shithead but he means well) and dumped Kalish. Team started doing okay, but we started bouncing back in wins. Think we got to like 16-22, which is pretty awesome with our bad start. But I wasn't sure if the bump was just rubberbanding, due to winning, or if it was because of the morale change. So I traded A-Rod to the Nats for Giolito, because yolo I'm in commish mode. Team starts doing awful again. We start tanking again and McCann asks to be traded. Anyways, rinse and repeat this over the year. Finished with 66 wins or something, BUCCOS won the World Series, edged out the Cubs in the NLCS because lulz.

But if you looked at the stats on my team, everything was off. Pineda, Nova, Severino, and Eovaldi all had ERAs over 6. Tanaka was at 5 and a half. Starlin Castro (who was petulant and wanted a trade from mid-April) had a Wrc+ of 82. More importantly, the guys I traded away saw huge bumps. Gardner went from hitting 82 WrC+ around June to over 100 the rest of the season in KC. A-Rod put up 2.5 WAR in half a season in Washington (who DID have a good lockerroom). McCann was hitting at 29 WrC+ until August and hit over 100 after a move to Cincinnati (who finished in a bad spot too, never checked their team morale).

I realized the power of Morale around August, so I decided to run another experiment. The White Sox were 8 games out of the wild card in early August, but they had a pretty good record (like 4 games over .500 or something). So I just went in and bumped the morale of some of their main players (Sale, Quintana, Frazier, etc.). They ended up tying the Jays for the last spot. Lost the play-in game, but yeah.

I'm still not sure how much is influenced by having shitheads/not having a "Captain" (this seems to only be guys with very high ratings in the TAGGFECTA; Guys with just 200 Leadership but average or worse WE/INT don't count. There's titles in the editor you can see in commish mode) and how much was by tanking. But my team definitely complained about both, and their performances showed for it.

Now granted this means tanking will be even easier because your team will play worse, but if you're trying to break out of tanking it seems impossible without a 'Captain' type player. I'll also note that player rating doesn't matter, I signed Nick Swisher and he naturally comes with Very High LEAD so he helped my team in that regard.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm running season two now and I'm booting all the shitheads, already dumped Castro for a TAGG. So we'll see if the guys like Tanaka improve significantly

I'll probably look at one of the succesful teams too, maybe plant a toxic guy in their locker room and see what happens. I want to see how the reverse side works out too. If I get real into it I'll try and mess with minors teams as well, but I assume it's the same. Pretty big deal if so, though it'd take so long to look at each team's minor squad and see if they're having lockerroom issues to try and find gems to trade for

The one thing I'm not sure about is the factor of the 'hidden' intangible ratings; Handle Success/Failure/Critics, and Controversy. They could play a big factor but we can't see them as players, so that'd be something to watch over long periods of time. AFAIK there's no correlation between them and the TAGGFECTA. I remember Baez was pretty controversial but he was also a shithead, same with Kalish, so I don't know which one triggered the locker room issues Going to test it on two different teams, I'm implanting the Cubs with SHITHEAD CONTROVERSIAL Kris Bryant, and just going to impant the Mets with SHITHEAD BUT DEALS WITH EVERYTHING WELL Matt Harvey, see if there's a difference.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
ZIFnvg2.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I also figured out what was wrong with the export tracker, should be good to go even if it is unreadable.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah it's because the game is all databases. It's like player id#s. That team number is your website URL too.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Interestingly, the Cubs are responding positively to OUTSPOKEN SHITHEEL Kris Bryant. His max controversy coupled with no other redeemable qualities is apparently a refreshing new viewpoint for the team. There is still Jason Hayward who is a captain, so they might be canceling each other out. SHITHEEL Matt Harvey, who is not controversial, on the other hand, is doing poorly and the Mets are doing a bit worse because of it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I won't confirm or deny their shitheadness in real life, I edited them in this save for experimental purposes (I think the game does random distribution for some personalities, but others like A-Rod are hard coded)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Nah, I mean the 'Captain' personality class, which is a certain combination of intangibles (something like >150/VH Leadership, >120/High WE, and >100/High Loyalty). When my team was doing bad I was told to bring a 'Captain' type in to help settle the clubhouse down. I don't know how many are needed in order to stop clubhouse turmoil, guess that would vary based on the situation.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Nah, I mean the 'Captain' personality class, which is a certain combination of intangibles (something like >150/VH Leadership, >120/High WE, and >100/High Loyalty). When my team was doing bad I was told to bring a 'Captain' type in to help settle the clubhouse down. I don't know how many are needed in order to stop clubhouse turmoil, guess that would vary based on the situation.
Is this a real thing or something else you made up?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah if they match the guidelines. You may have to click the "click to refresh" button, but only if you make a change

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If I can slow it down that'd be great. You sim the games in-game, then just upload the game logs into the live sim folder and hit a button. Would be great for Opening Day, playoff races, stuff like that where you don't want to be around the computer or change game times and stuff.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hrngh Sabertooth's desired extension. Too bad we have term limits

Actually nvm he's already post arb. We in this b. He's a crazy mofo with that very low greed but I love it

Schauwn

Damnit. Something must have fubar'd during the upgrade. I had just gone through and set all my minor league rosters at the end of the season, and now it's all screwed up.