• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
WBLTR Trade Rumors exclusive footage of the brawl in the hotel lobby last night

anchorman-fight-o.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I just voided a bunch of Team Options of TOTAL BUMS and have $30M in "space". Anyone looking to dump an EXTREMELY POPULAR but terribad contract?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Man I'm pretty excited about this offseason and then the move to 17. Been reading that baseball book so I'm all stoked.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man I'm pretty excited about this offseason and then the move to 17. Been reading that baseball book so I'm all stoked.
have you read anything about 17 aside from the press releases? I think I'm going to venture over there to see what kind of changes to the draft/development are actually implemented. My favorite part about switching is that everyone has to relearn how to play in a way so it keeps it fresh

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
have you read anything about 17 aside from the press releases? I think I'm going to venture over there to see what kind of changes to the draft/development are actually implemented. My favorite part about switching is that everyone has to relearn how to play in a way so it keeps it fresh

Sounds like the draft goes back to showing more players with higher potential and then more bust or fail to reach full potential(the old way) instead of on 16 where there aren't a lot of high potential players, but they almost always reach potential. Then some of the low potential guys randomly "pop" and have huge potential upgrades (and rarely is this related to stats/performance, which is frustrating).

I think "potential" is better handled as something that is naturally high expectations and rarely reached. The way OOTP16 was handling it most of the league was depressed to draft guys who didn't look like they even had a chance (ie bums @TonyGin&Juice). With more high potential players (that bust) I think looking at current vs potential and looking at stats will have more value than looking at potential alone.

Anyway, it sounds better. The most exciting thing to me is that there are new bullpen controls that use leverage. Surprised @ZackMills was leaving when I saw that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Sounds like the draft goes back to showing more players with higher potential and then more bust or fail to reach full potential(the old way) instead of on 16 where there aren't a lot of high potential players, but they almost always reach potential. Then some of the low potential guys randomly "pop" and have huge potential upgrades (and rarely is this related to stats/performance, which is frustrating).

I think "potential" is better handled as something that is naturally high expectations and rarely reached. The way OOTP16 was handling it most of the league was depressed to draft guys who didn't look like they even had a chance (ie bums @TonyGin&Juice). With more high potential players (that bust) I think looking at current vs potential and looking at stats will have more value than looking at potential alone.

Anyway, it sounds better. The most exciting thing to me is that there are new bullpen controls that use leverage. Surprised @ZackMills was leaving when I saw that.

The early league drafts were hilarious with just absolutely stacked rounds at the top that ended up littered with 12 round talent. No way to tell either, JACKPOT

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The early league drafts were hilarious with just absolutely stacked rounds at the top that ended up littered with 12 round talent. No way to tell either, JACKPOT

ha ha, sounds like they are trying to hit more of a 'Happy medium' between the two extremes. Prolly like how the IFA players looked in 16.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
ha ha, sounds like they are trying to hit more of a 'Happy medium' between the two extremes. Prolly like how the IFA players looked in 16.

Rad used to get so madpants at those drafts. I had one second rounder that I'll never forget. He looked like he was going to be an all star which was par for the course in the second round but I was still pumped. After one year in single A he was rated either 35 or 40 in each category :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It wasn't a graceful drop so that was the funny part. You had a 5 star prospect coming into the season and by the end you knew if he was a dud or not. Each month the scouting update would come back.

George Jones
-5 contact
-5 gap
-10 power
-10 eye
-5 ks

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's how my IFA guy TOBIAS RIGGER SPY STANDISH worked out. $15M IFA dude and dropped like -15 in every category. Still worked out for me, as I had an outstanding record against Buffalo thanks to his spying.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
After I decline a few team options and arb cases it looks like I'll have about 92M in cap room (ie before Dev/scouting) this off season. Ima try to break some souls with petulant bidding.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I will be sending some draft picks I don't own to Tony's cat next offseason. Not fuckin around with that again.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I have my wife putting together a shrine dedicated to Tony's kitty cat while I'm at work. I realize mentioning her in this forum opens the door to distasteful jokes.

Funny you should mention my cat, she was down her supervising me a few minutes ago. Now she's upstairs fighting with my Byron "Bust" Buxton bobblehead I left on the coffee table.

Lloyd Carr

So I just downloaded the sim. I have an option to continue draft as well as recalculate player demands for slot bonus. I've never seen this stuff before.

Additionally, what are we supposed to be doing this sim? arb?

jdlikewhoa

Looks like Lloyd's punishment is becoming commish.

Seriously though, it's the 13th round and people stil aren't on auto. We're stuck until those numb nuts owners get it together.

Resign any guys you need to and do arb. That's about it

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You will since I'll probably load the draft and move to pick and arb signing tonight.

Wolfman21

jackie-laugh-237664221.gif~c200

A 1st for a guy making $20M the next three seasons? I might consider it if you sent me a 1st and $5M in cash.

Let's see how FA and IFA shakes out. I've got $30M to waste this season but there might not be any bums I really want.

I'll give you my first, Felix and 8 mil for your first

jdlikewhoa

Who's trading for all these Shampship winning goats? To win the ship, you need players who know how to win the ship.