• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054 WBL Winter Meetings in Little Rock City

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Can't believe @doh would fleece this hard, a whole day wasted from a team on the clock. FOR SHAME DOH

Don't give @doh too hard time of a time, I made it well known that I was looking to get fleeced for the learning experience. He gave what I felt was solid value, though I'm sure someone playing a 10 dimensional chess game will claim I could get 10 GOATs for the package I was sending his way. Just too bad Rojas decided he wanted to play out the next year hanging with Jimmy Johnson and Michael Irvin at E11even in October instead of getting swept again.

TonyGin&Juice

Let's try this again.

Players you're shopping:
Jari Kievit - LF
Robbie Marijnissen - SP
Jason Jones - RF
Adrian Gutierrez - RF
Jose "Swampy" Wiggins - LF

Your needs:
Prospects

Positions of excess: OF

You all saw what Doh and I worked out when I was looking to get fleeced fast so we could move all in free agency. But that was yesterday and free agency is ticking away so if you want Kievit or Robbie Ganjah I want top prospects, not salary dumps or lottery tickets. I'm tapped out salary wise and if I'm moving those two guys it's for quality at this point or I'll just stand pat and reload through bad draft and IFA overpays.

TonyGin&Juice

Just to save us all time - I'm now looking for quality over quantity so any offers involving multiple "lottery ticket" type players aren't going to work. You're going to have to give up a top prospect if you want either guy, no draft picks either (way too much risk). If that's asking for too much, no sweat - Robbie will be a free agent in three years.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Just to save us all time - I'm now looking for quality over quantity so any offers involving multiple "lottery ticket" type players aren't going to work. You're going to have to give up a top prospect if you want either guy, no draft picks either (way too much risk). If that's asking for too much, no sweat - Robbie will be a free agent in three years.

Is my PM'd offer of "Name 5 prospects or ur choice (other than Nazih/Vigil)" going to be sufficient? Nazih/Vigil would be available as well in a smaller trade, but not in the package of 5 I offered based on your proposed trade with Doh. Either PM me back or discuss here openly if you want more.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

I'm good with being transparent on these trades if you all are comfortable with it. Here's what I want if I'm going to move these guys:

Robbie Marijnissen - Two Ploeg level prospects and two "lottery ticket" players. Marijnissen has three seasons left at an incredibly fair salary ($13.5M, $15M, $16M team option) and will make an impact on any team looking for a playoff push or looking for an ace. Since I'm likely losing Torres after this season moving Robbie Ganjah is going to take getting something significant in return to make up for that loss.

Jari Kievit - I'd trade him for Ploeg (and a "lottery ticket") if you could pry him away for Doh. If not a Ploeg level prospect (preferably an outfielder) and a "lottery ticket" would get it done.

Cris Carrillo - Mid-level prospect and two "lottery tickets". Salary is $10M this year and $12M next year and had solid RF and ZR even playing out of position in CF last season.

NML

Now that I have a capable CF, I feel weirdly optimistic about our upcoming season. If David Gonzales turns out to be as good as I think at 3rd, and Morales hits like he did two years ago, our field players are pretty solid. The back end of our rotation is meh, and we don't even have a #2 yet, but our bullpen should be a lot better. Could see us closing in on .500

TonyGin&Juice

What are you looking for in return? My desire to be the 2011 Texas Rangers is high right now and I'm just about to clear some salary.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
A couple good prospects. Maybe a high level relief prospect and a decent bat prospect.

His contract is structured pretty nicely.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pretty pleased to sign JOSE RIVAS for $1.6M. I know he's old, but with what pitchers go for in free agency, getting a serviceable player for that cheap is nice. Welcome to the #5 spot, JOSE.

Wolfman21

Pretty pleased to sign JOSE RIVAS for $1.6M. I know he's old, but with what pitchers go for in free agency, getting a serviceable player for that cheap is nice. Welcome to the #5 spot, JOSE.

Was planning on using him for long relief. Had offered him like 1.2 but when u offered higher I just planned to use in-house guys

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone got a starting caliber catcher? Or someone at least who won't shit the bed?

TonyGin&Juice

Is there anyone else I need to sign or trade for to put together the WBL version of the 2011 Rangers? #RawPower

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It is too bad RUFF RIDHA retired, because I could have gotten something for him. That being said, Tony already traded away the only player of interest for me, unless Thompson is available.

Wolfman21

Still looking to move Laoghaire Geeves. I can give half his salary plus a draft pick. Also looking for an outfielder that could be part of the package or separately.

TonyGin&Juice

It is too bad RUFF RIDHA retired, because I could have gotten something for him. That being said, Tony already traded away the only player of interest for me, unless Thompson is available.

I got smart and extended Rocky after last season at an incredibly cheap rate so he's not going anywhere unless I go full moron and fire sale the rest of the WBL quality parts (i.e. Rocky and K). The team I'm putting together is either going to make the playoffs or have a top three pick this season and right now it could go either way.