• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054 Draft

osick87

Community Liaison
Wolfsmug21

@TonyGin&Juice lost his mind when I broke down the Kasib trade on Gchat. I don't know how you can augment a core, even through trades, without first rounders for six years. Then again, I have been a noted draft enthusiast for years on this site so it's kinda critical to my strategy.

It fucked my depth up, which was something I took pride in.

I've been lucky enough to get some nice IFAs, some guys continue their level and some guys come into their own.

Lloyd Carr

but to him first rounders are useless so who cares, right?

They weren't useless. I sold them and received quite a bit of talent in return.

You can get solid guys in the 1st round, but they take time to develop. I didn't want to wait for guys to develop; I wanted guys who were WBL ready so I could get the most value out of the core I had. Now I can build another core through the draft and IFA, and then trade away all my 1st rounds again in 5 years.

Wolfman21

They weren't useless. I sold them and received quite a bit of talent in return.

You can get solid guys in the 1st round, but they take time to develop. I didn't want to wait for guys to develop; I wanted guys who were WBL ready so I could get the most value out of the core I had. Now I can build another core through the draft and IFA, and then trade away all my 1st rounds again in 5 years.

Why do you think i said we'll see what happens in the next 3-5? lol yous guys

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
All this talk of trades has me itching to ship $30M and a bunch of draft picks out of town. Come on offseason!

jdlikewhoa

I always have a list, but the up/down arrows work maybe 25% of the time. Can't sort it.
Use chrome and not some knockoff generic version of a browser? It used to do that for me and then OU or Orlando updated the draft website one year and it started working again.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Use chrome and not some knockoff generic version of a browser? It used to do that for me and then OU or Orlando updated the draft website one year and it started working again.

It happens to me in Firefox and Chrome. To move just one spot, I have to click selections, click draft, click an arrow. After that, it's broke again, so I click selections, click draft, click an arrow. Rinse and repeat.

I guess I could try IE.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I guess I could try IE.

tumblr_n7h4g79UsZ1tooympo1_400.gif

jdlikewhoa

It happens to me in Firefox and Chrome. To move just one spot, I have to click selections, click draft, click an arrow. After that, it's broke again, so I click selections, click draft, click an arrow. Rinse and repeat.

I guess I could try IE.
So what you're saying is you can move guys up or down on your list?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
In all seriousness I think the guy who created the draft site disappeared. We might have to look elsewhere when the new game comes out.

ZackMills

Have mercy
You could just add guys to the list in the order you want them then?

Do the rest of you'll hear this? zack's time is so valuable that he's willing to hold up the entire league to save 5 minutes a day.

Welcome to San Fran, new owner @GatorTD

@kella @Brick @Reel

Not sure what I'm holding up when there is a time limit :dunno:

You mean on your broken computer.

Plural. I've tried on desktop and laptop. Looks like IE has the same problems as Firefox and Chrome.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Bizarre. First I have head of this. I don't remember JD bringing it up. It even works on my phone.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm down with helping if we go that route.
There are a lot of modules already created. At the time OU was the best one. We'll see if he resurfaces when '17 comes out, but last time I checked his website wasn't even working to download OU.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Bizarre. First I have head of this. I don't remember JD bringing it up. It even works on my phone.

It used to work fine, then all of a sudden if I hit up/down three or four times, it would stop moving and I had to go through selections, back to draft to get three or four more arrow moves. That was manageable. Now it is to the point that I get the arrow to work once. It makes sorting a large list pretty tedious. I usually can sort my position players and pitchers, but if all my position guys are at the top and I like a pitcher more, I can't go on auto-list, and it is time consuming to get him to the top. This way I can at least make my pick within seconds of knowing I'm up. I'm trying to find workarounds.

jdlikewhoa

On computer or phone if I hit the arrow up, it would move the guy up once. When I hit the arrow again to move the guy a second time it'd drop him back to his original position.

I never brought it up because I figured everyone had the issue. When we moved to '16 and the draft site got updated or whatever the commishes did, it started working again.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It used to work fine, then all of a sudden if I hit up/down three or four times, it would stop moving and I had to go through selections, back to draft to get three or four more arrow moves. That was manageable. Now it is to the point that I get the arrow to work once. It makes sorting a large list pretty tedious. I usually can sort my position players and pitchers, but if all my position guys are at the top and I like a pitcher more, I can't go on auto-list, and it is time consuming to get him to the top. This way I can at least make my pick within seconds of knowing I'm up. I'm trying to find workarounds.
If you want, PM me your order you want them in and I'll try resetting your list file.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
On computer or phone if I hit the arrow up, it would move the guy up once. When I hit the arrow again to move the guy a second time it'd drop him back to his original position.

I never brought it up because I figured everyone had the issue. When we moved to '16 and the draft site got updated or whatever the commishes did, it started working again.
Bring it up if it happens again

ZackMills

Have mercy
Yeah, I never mentioned it because I figured it was just some 3rd party site that was being wonky because it is wonky. I didn't know it actually worked properly for most people :laughing:

If you want, PM me your order you want them in and I'll try resetting your list file.

Does that have a chance of resetting my profile or whatever and maybe making sorting possible for me in the future?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I never mentioned it because I figured it was just some 3rd party site that was being wonky because it is wonky. I didn't know it actually worked properly for most people :laughing:

Does that have a chance of resetting my profile or whatever and maybe making sorting possible for me in the future?
Sometimes things get messed up in the text files. It won't reset your profile, but I can try to reset your list.