• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054-55 Off-Season Thread

NML

Really disappointed Icebox voided his last year. I get it because I'm sure he'll get more than his $8m option, but he was happy here and he did well.

He did tail off a bit towards the end of the season so maybe he's almost done, but would've liked to have him back.

Didn't want to discussion an extension either :(

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Really disappointed Icebox voided his last year. I get it because I'm sure he'll get more than his $8m option, but he was happy here and he did well.

He did tail off a bit towards the end of the season so maybe he's almost done, but would've liked to have him back.

Didn't want to discussion an extension either :(
Probably because you refused to give your players a day off haha

NML

I keep hearing y'all saying that, but nothing I've read in the manual or the forums suggests that giving them a day off does them any good, unless they are below 100%.

All my backups were on "if starters tired" or whatever. My guys were never tired, I guess? I checked routinely and other than when we had a long string of games and a double header, they were never below 99%.

Maybe there's something out there I haven't read, but I haven't seen anything to suggest they needed a rest. I just had 7 Cal Ripken's, haha

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
To me, I hope you keep doing it, because the fall off in performance was pretty obvious to me.

NML

To me, I hope you keep doing it, because the fall off in performance was pretty obvious to me.

Not really - our fall off was that our pythag came back down to earth. I was like +8 at my best haha. That wasn't going to keep happening.

NML

Only Cody Gilbert really jumps out at having a bad end of the season run. The rest were right around their rest of the year numbers or even a little higher. I don't see anything statistically significant in terms of drop off other than our W-L (which was actually much worse is August than in September).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My players seem to perform a lot better when they are getting regular starts but also getting planned rest. When they were getting 2-3 days off a week toward the end of the season, that seemed to be too much and they all started to get cold. I think there is a sweet spot where they get into a groove without overburdening themselves. If you don't play them enough, it seems like they tend to struggle or if they are playing too much (and this especially seems like it applies to defense heavy positions). I'd let a DH play every game, but that's about it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I keep hearing y'all saying that, but nothing I've read in the manual or the forums suggests that giving them a day off does them any good, unless they are below 100%.

All my backups were on "if starters tired" or whatever. My guys were never tired, I guess? I checked routinely and other than when we had a long string of games and a double header, they were never below 99%.

Maybe there's something out there I haven't read, but I haven't seen anything to suggest they needed a rest. I just had 7 Cal Ripken's, haha
I mean the evidence seemed pretty clear. You guys were one of the worst teams in the league the final third.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Norman had a stellar rookie season. He had an injury this year and never really settled in.

Alfie is a straight unicorn and was clutch all post season.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Away from home for a couple weeks so it really will be 5 min/day for me...

So if you want the crap I have left (Zach Campell/Francisco Colon), make an offer. I'm in the giving mood (look at my last two trades)

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Away from home for a couple weeks so it really will be 5 min/day for me...

So if you want the crap I have left (Zach Campell/Francisco Colon), make an offer. I'm in the giving mood (look at my last two trades)

Send me a second and fifth and I'll take Colon.

doh

I'll post this one last time... but if Campbell hit the FA market he'd get a bigger contract he currently has. He's a 60/65/65 pitcher who won the Cy last year and had a 3.53 ERA last year. Look at what Boys got and Campbell is at least as good if not better.

TonyGin&Juice

I'll post this one last time... but if Campbell hit the FA market he'd get a bigger contract he currently has. He's a 60/65/65 pitcher who won the Cy last year and had a 3.53 ERA last year. Look at what Boys got and Campbell is at least as good if not better.

Was Boys 34 when he hit FA though?

It's fair value but 22 million is 22 million and most teams can't just spontaneously take that on

This. If I had the space I do it for the picks and for the deadline value but I don't have $22M in space.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think he would get $20m+ coming off last season and a ratings drop. I could be wrong though.

Curious to see what Torres gets.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I have $10M in cash available if anyone wants to trade for it. Give me a nice juicy draft pick to give yourself a leg up in a competitive IFA market! Are you are a fiscally irresponsible team in need of a bailout? @Mongolloyd Maybe you are a HAVE NOT who Wants to feel like a HAVE for a change? I'M UR GUY

doh

Same age years Boys is getting 35/50/40(VO)... LOL at Campbell wouldn't get at least 60m in FA.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You are using the worst mongolloyd contract in OOTP history as the bar? I mean god only knows what these dummies would do, but with this FA class right now I don't think Campbell stacks up that well (considering the ratings drop)

TonyGin&Juice

You are using the worst mongolloyd contract in OOTP history as the bar? I mean god only knows what these dummies would do, but with this FA class right now I don't think Campbell stacks up that well (considering the ratings drop)

Don't you go sassin' my PREFERRED FLEECING PARTNER!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Same age years Boys is getting 35/50/40(VO)... LOL at Campbell wouldn't get at least 60m in FA.
My scout has him at 50 stuff now. I don't think he is comparable to Boys. He is standing at the edge of that cliff trying to decide if he should jump.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I HAVE AN OFFER OF A 2nd @TonyGin&Juice planning on COMING IN HOT IN IFA

Can I get a 1st? DO I HEAR A 1st? Get urself an extra $5M IFA player offer with $10M cash

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I bid a slightly worse second rounder.

No idea why you would ever trade cash but whatever.

NO IDEA. I've got my roster locked up and no IFA with full scout/dev budgets and $30M left with $10M in cash. My greedy owner will just pocket the cash if I keep it (since I'll be more than $10M under budget anyway, I'll refill the cash reserves for next offseason).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll wait to see this IFA class before accepting any final offers, I want you all to see the JEWELS you get to fight over, as you start considering how nice an extra $10M would be.... I mean on the one hand a late 1st round draft pick is usually good for a RP or a marginal 4th outfielder, maybe a trog bat that will never see the WBL? lots of options! ....or you could get a sure fire GOAT in IFA with an extra $10M!

I would have sold my soul last IFA for an extra $10M to turn @Wolfman21 into WolfShook21. Instead, I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS SHOOOOK when I missed out on this GOAT pitcher who was as good as the 1-1 http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_10095.html

jdlikewhoa

I'll wait to see this IFA class before accepting any final offers, I want you all to see the JEWELS you get to fight over, as you start considering how nice an extra $10M would be.... I mean on the one hand a late 1st round draft pick is usually good for a RP or a marginal 4th outfielder, maybe a trog bat that will never see the WBL? lots of options! ....or you could get a sure fire GOAT in IFA with an extra $10M!

I would have sold my soul last IFA for an extra $10M to turn @Wolfman21 into WolfShook21. Instead, I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS SHOOOOK when I missed out on this GOAT pitcher who was as good as the 1-1 http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_10095.html

Very Low Leadership/Low Work Ethic? WOOF. Angelo Leon 2.0

TonyGin&Juice

"Teammates tend to find him arrogant and condescending".

tumblr_mdz20kRcWk1rwu9euo1_500.gif