• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 HUNGER GAMES

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I also like how I asked if something was allowed, as if I wasn't the one making up the rules as we go along here. OF COURSE YOU CAN DRAFT HIM TO BE MURDERED! WHY NOT?

RIP KENNEY

20527498446_102582146b_o.jpg

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Once we know who is dying, I'll be more than happy to write up their deaths. I have a few ideas as already for the off-season mishaps that will strike these poor schlubs down.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That goes for anything really. If you want to add stories pm them to me and I'll figure out how to add them. I know you can. It can be a random, ducklow just bought a squirrel statue to put in his locker or something. As long as they arent super awful I'll put them in

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Reel you better get in here, the WBL owners already killed one brotha and there is another on the chopping block (literally). Make a case for the salvation of DAVE KRAMER.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm starting to question if this timer is working correctly

Relativity, my brother. The draft is being held in the December 2050, sending information through the wormhole to an alternate universe means time moves differently. That's the only reason the WBL works. How do you think these teams fly from Kabul to Buenos Aires and then to Moscow while playing 7 games a week?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sorry @Rutgers Mike you've been skipped because you took too long and the fact that your tribute has already been killed before you even picked. You get to pick/murder after AMD

@Orlando you are up. 5 minutes on the clock.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Alright, I'm headed out to a wedding. So just finish the draft whenever you get a chance. I know @OU11 can barely contain his excitement to see who ends up in his clutches, so someone else can tell @doh to hurry up.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Scott is from Ontario? I was just there last week. That place blows.

KILL HIM

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That concludes the first annual hunger games draft. I hope you all enjoyed, I'm going to set a shortlist on the surviving members of this year's draft and give you a report at the all star break. At that point there will be some more shenanigans and we'll determine the winner of the donation award.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2015 HUNGER GAMES TRIBUTES
(OP also updated to include this list, please let me know if I'm missing anyone)

AMD Tribute:
Graham ‘Vader’ D’Aeth, SP, AA DRAFTED BY DUB #1

BER Tribute:
Joe Kenney, SS, AAA MURDERED IN THE NAME OF BUF at #8

BUF Tribute:
Victor ‘Pinto’ Castillo, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY LIS #3

SEO Tribute:
John Scott, RF, AAA MURDERED IN THE NAMVE OF LV AT #11

DUB Tribute:
Raul Herrara, LF, AAA AMD's CHOICE LIVE OR DIE AT #12

LV Tribute:
Piet Van Der Riejd, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY BA #5

FB Tribute:
Darren Wyatt, SS, AAA Drafted BY BER #9

LIS Tribute:
Ganya Mkervali, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY FB #6

BA Tribute:
Gah-fat Sang, 1B, WBL DRAFTED BY SEO #4

LRM Tribute:
Mike Ducklow, 1B, WBL DRAFTED BY NDR #7

NDR Tribute:
Dave Kramer, DH, WBL DRAFTED BY HEL #10

HEL Tribute:
Aidan ‘Rattler’ Stawell, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY LRM #2

BUMPITY BUMP LIKE A TRAIN BABBY.

So we have made it to the all star break and it is time to determine who gets the highly coveted 2051 rigger 1st round draft pick! The pick is given as compensation to the player who gave away the "best" player. Obviously "best" is subjective, so I'm taking 3 things into account:

1. What has the player's performance been like? This is really the one objective measure I'm using and will therefore be the most heavily weighted.

2. Where was the player drafted? This indicates how desirable they were at the time of the HG draft. This also helps evaluate the prospects who either aren't ready for the WBL or were injured when picked, but were still highly desirable.

3. The relative disparity between what was given and what was received. If you gave up a great player and got a shithead, I think that makes you more deserving of receiving the comp pick, so this will be considered if players are close.

4. Discussion/campaigning/stumping. Make a case for why your tribute was the best. The stats only tell part of the story, so I want to hear from all of you1 What do you think of the tribute you gave up? How has the tribute you received performed?

Take a look at this summary table, but also feel free to click through the player links in the quoted post to examine the stats more thoroughly! Lets dial the immersion back up today and have a great discussion.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=121x@}Tribute{/td}
{td=121x@}From{/td}
{td=121x@}To{/td}
{td=89x@}Drafted{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=570x@}Performance{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vader D'Aeth{/td}
{td}AMD{/td}
{td}DUB{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}Injured{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joe Kenney{/td}
{td}BER{/td}
{td}BUF{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}Heaven{/td}
{td}Dead{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Victor Castillo{/td}
{td}BUF{/td}
{td}LIS{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as RP: 14 G, 18 IP, 4.00 ERA, 1.67 WHIP, 109 ERA+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}John Scott{/td}
{td}SEO{/td}
{td}LV{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}Heaven{/td}
{td}Dead{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Raul Herrara{/td}
{td}DUB{/td}
{td}AMD{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as Sacrificial Lamb: 11 AB, AVG = .182, OBP = .250, SLG = .273, -0.1 ZR, - 0.1 WAR{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Piet Van Der Reijd{/td}
{td}LV{/td}
{td}BA{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as RP: 16G, 25.1 IP, 3.91 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 112 ERA+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Darren Wyatt{/td}
{td}FB{/td}
{td}BER{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as utility: 102 AB, AVG = .216, OBP = .344, SLG = .245, -4.5 ZR, -0.3 WAR{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ganya Mkervali{/td}
{td}LIS{/td}
{td}FB{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}Used as AAA Relief Pitcher: 29 G, 65.2 IP, 4.39 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 130 ERA+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gah-fat Sang{/td}
{td}BA{/td}
{td}SEO{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as DH: 257 AB, AVG = .249, OBP = .311, SLG = .354, WAR = -0.2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mike Ducklow{/td}
{td}LRM{/td}
{td}NDR{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as DH: 219 AB , AVG = .233, OBP = .345, SLG = .493, WAR = 0.9{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dave Kramer{/td}
{td}NDR{/td}
{td}HEL{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as DH: 114 AB, ABG = .281, OBP = .325, SLG = .421, WAR = 0.0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Aidan Stawell{/td}
{td}HEL{/td}
{td}LRM{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}WBL{/td}
{td}Used as SP: 20 GS, 101.2 IP, 6.90 ERA, 1.68 WHIP, 63 ERA+{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
@OU11 @Rutgers Mike @Lloyd Carr @Karl Hungus @Mr. Radpants @doh @jdlikewhoa @Schauwn @osick87 @bruin228 @Orlando @bruin @Reel @Travisucksdick7401

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is my review of my tributes given/received.

Dave Kramer - I learned a lot about the desirability of certain positions during this draft. Going in, I thought Kramer would be a great tribute but he ended up being the 3rd best looking DH in a league where not many teams have openings at the DH position. In the end, @Orlando took pity on him and decided not to murder him, but to give him spot duty as a sub for his already great DH Henny 'Alchemist' Cotterell. Orlando has been rewarded by the OOTP gods for his bravery, because Kramer has put up respectable numbers in spot duty, while Cotterell is having his best season in years, thanks to his occasional rest breaks. I definitely do not deserve the #1 pick for this tribute, but I am pleased that he's had a minor contribution, given the fact that so many of the hunger games picks have been negatives for their teams. Next year I plan to take position into more heavy consideration when selecting a tribute.

Mike Ducklow - When I saw him I thought @bruin228 and @bruin had a good chance of winning if Ducklow went to the right team. He has played really well for me as DH. His batting average isn't very good, but he's playing in the rigger ballpark and he's getting on base a ton, given the low average. He's also hitting with great power, and is leading the riggers in HRs. His 0.9 WAR is by far the highest of any of the hunger games field players. I'd make the case that his status as a regular starter in the WBL with good performances makes him the #1 best hunger hunger games performer so far.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Vader's #1 selection status is a powerful argument, especially since his IR status is probably better performance than most of the other pitchers who were selected high :laughing:

I do wonder what would have happened if Dublin had selected Stawell instead and he joined the BABIP cheat lineup...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Herrera was crushing it in AAA, it's not my fault OU doesn't know how to utilize players within his org. He would have the Waffles closing in on a Shampship.