• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 WBL Draft Thread

Wolfman21

I've got a question. How come there are some players whose ratings are different on the draft website than they are on the league website? Like Ryan Fuller for instance. On the draft site, he has 45 Power, 45 eye. However on the league site, he has 50 power and 50 eye.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I've got a question. How come there are some players whose ratings are different on the draft website than they are on the league website? Like Ryan Fuller for instance. On the draft site, he has 45 Power, 45 eye. However on the league site, he has 50 power and 50 eye.

Nobody knows where the ratings come from on the draft website. bdub did a test way back and said they weren't real ratings so we know that it isn't some cheat to only use those. Anyway we have three ratings to look at. Scout, league/OSA, and draft website

Bdub

There is actually no way to know the true stats on a player unless you do some serious work to cheat. Because a players stats are made up of a number of different ratings and there is nothing in the game that will total them up and spit out a true rating. In case you ever wondered if OU was cheating. It was pretty obvious I wasn't cheating.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The trick to cheating is to buy prospects after they've proved they are capable but are currently struggling.

Unfortunately I've posted all my tricks and now it is infinitely harder to do. Plus everybody has played long enough to be a lot smarter about value

Wolfman21

i dont think anyone is cheating. You guys should dust me because you've been going at this a whooooole lot longer than I have. Hell, I still have no clue what i'm doing. I was just wondering why the projected ratings were different on the draft website than the league website.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There is no way to cheat. If you have played at all offline you know even the hidden ratings change.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah and even then there's no way of determining how they'll play out over a season. Even if you put 10 guys with the same attributes in commish mode they'll have different years

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The commissioner cheat codes have to do with how the simulations play out, not player development. They are very much real though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Is this draft an elaborate troll? We're at the start of round two after four full days. Just close the league and give everyone a couple months off or something.

Schauwn

So I just checked the draft page and it looks like the ratings there are the same as OSA. I checked about 5 different players, I dont know what's up with the talk about those ratings being different...anyone have any examples?

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
While we're waiting for @NML, I wanted to mention I finally found prospect 3B Jon Jauwn in my game. None of my searches for jauwn, jau, or uwn worked, so I searched under 'jon' and found him listed as Jon Unknown.