• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I didn't see where you said you were wrong, my b. I just saw where you said your model was correct. Financial model where cash is included in yearly profit/loss isn't correct and it makes a huge difference when looking at what lloyd is thinking about
I said my model was correct in that same post I pointed out the error. I assumed you could basically replace profit with balance and understand what I meant :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I said my model was correct in that same post I pointed out the error. I assumed you could basically replace profit with balance and understand what I meant :laughing:

I don't care what word you use, I was just saying cash has nothing to do with yearly profit/loss. That's all I've said this whole time.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: In my model I actually did basically state it correctly. Cash has an impact on balance. That balance carries year to year. That's what I meant.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You need to come correct on things like that because it is the difference between doomsday and a 2 year annoyance.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I never said doomsday. I didn't know his financials before I said what could possibly happen. Point still stands to reduces expenses and eliminate that negative balance as quickly as possible. Otherwise he could see his budget drop and attendance go down if the team starts to suck. His financial situation makes that easier to do. Doh would be fucked.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I never said doomsday. I didn't know how financials before I said what could possibly happen. Point still stands to reduces expenses and eliminate that negative balance as quickly as possible. Otherwise he could see his budget drop and attendance go down if the team starts to suck. His financial situation makes that easier to do. Doh would be fucked.

Kabul is in the best position of anybody to do it, dat $36M payroll.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Right, which is why he forced my bid above $30m real quick and then tried to blame me :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Clodio Cymbron is such a kickass name I didn't change it. He is 77 though so I'm sure I'll get a Dr. Sad Unknown Marzipan next.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Australia has Ignaty Lt.
Buenos Aires has Mansur Fuqua (Rad Fuqua's Dad)
Cairo has Fuqua Greeves Jr.
Istanbul has the second best with Marizipan Computarius
Key West has Marcus Never Nude which is by far the best
Seoul has Lee Computer

I changed none of these

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I love that your randomly got a Brazilian owner too and everyone else is from their home country. I assume you just didn't change your owner from the default one that was given to you?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I love that your randomly got a Brazilian owner too and everyone else is from their home country. I assume you just didn't change your owner from the default one that was given to you?

Nope, everything is as it was when it started. I think my team got sold in the 20s and Clodio bought it.

Wolfman21

Right, which is why he forced my bid above $30m real quick and then tried to blame me :laughing:

Your bid for him didn't bother me. It was the fact that you had the highest bid for the Top 4 guys that made me go "wtf, wait a minute..." lol

Lloyd Carr

I think I'm bailing on the Bug bid-war.

Hopefully KW blows this year and their pick becomes the 1-1, and there's a Last Resort/Bug on the draft list who I can flip for some pieces to toughen up Buffalo.

Wolfman21

After re-looking at my financials, Bug will be mine. Just like two years ago when I got Clonnese and Lopez. I know the price that I'm not willing to go above. If you're willing to test that limit and possibly eat that money for a few years...be my guest. Theres nobody in the league with the financial lee-way that I have though, so good luck.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Nope, everything is as it was when it started. I think my team got sold in the 20s and Clodio bought it.
My owner died and his son took over. My original owner's name wasn't Unknown doe. Hun must have disgraced the family name.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Your bid for him didn't bother me. It was the fact that you had the highest bid for the Top 4 guys that made me go "wtf, wait a minute..." lol
Gotta catch em all.

I knew I would get outbid, but I wanted to see how high they would go. I got my #2 behind Bug already.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My owner died and his son took over. My original owner's name wasn't Unknown doe. Hun must have disgraced the family name.

Well given their names (besides Fuqua, still have no idea where that came from) they come from nicknames I give players or GM names. I know I named one guy Never Nude because his name was Tobias, and obviously Dr. Sad was given to that pitcher. I guess yours got changed when we Jim Unknowned it for a while. I have no idea what triggers it so we'll just keep getting weird ones I guess.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Good pickup on Cupit @Orlando...if the Bug sweepstakes got too insane in the last sim, I was gonan start making a run at some of the other guys.
Yeah Cupit was actually my favorite all-around player. My scout liked him more than Bug, and I got him fairly cheap and he is durable. He should be a good defensive OF at all 3 spots. Bat should play too. Kind of like that he is 17. Wont have to wait quite as long.

Wolfman21

OF is just a spot that I can pass on right now. I've got alot of talent and what will prolly be alot of future money in those spots right now. Dropping a couple mil on a couple more prospects for those 3 positions wasn't in my best interest. But they are definitely good prospects.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man looking at Bug's projections... homerdrool.gif

I'd pay what Wolfy is paying for him to DH for me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He is 18 basically, so we should find out who he is sooner than later. Bart Scott for him to be a complete bust or a HOF. Either way it will be fantastic.

Wolfman21

I'm excited to watch his progression even if I get outbid. However, if i don't get outbid...i wanna see the tears in 5 years when I have a lineup that has Bugs, Neanderthal, Prophet, Pinto and Lopez in it.

Last edited:

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
If I can get a word edgewise into this cashfest.... if anyone needs to bump up attendance, pay attention to your player popularity. You might could scarf up a very cheap and very popular FA solely to bump up fan interest i. e. attendance. I don't think you have to have the player in your lineup, or even on your ML roster. Just in your org.

Go to FA, view Popularity Info, customize to add Financial/Demand, sort by Local Popularity, and scan down the list for some with high popularity that you can afford. Like for instance Gabe Ramos. Extremely Popular, 1.4M demand. He'll more than pay for himself on your roster. This is a game I played at Key West to boost my attendance and allow me to be competitive despite being in a small market. Edit - couple of popular minor leaguers on the board too.

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

I'm excited to watch his progression even if I get outbid. However, if i don't get outbid...i wanna see the tears in 5 years when I have a lineup that has Bugs, Neanderthal, Prophet, Pinto and Lopez in it.

The only tears will be yours when you can't afford to resign all of those guys

Wolfman21

The only tears will be yours when you can't afford to resign all of those guys

haha. money is not an issue. My payroll over the next 2-3 years is in the 30 millions. By the time I have to sign Geeves, I'll be back to normal. By the time I have to sign Prophet, I'll be above where I'm at now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Dat club foot.

I gotta bring the Dutch boys home, rat and boys are pretty similar anyway

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yo jd if you get rid of those two you will be able to make a run at bugs. If you get rid of rapely too you'll be swimming in profits, lets do this

Wolfman21

Lol. I feel for you brother. I'd be fine by the end of this season with what I've already offered. You've got a good base...I'd hate to see you ruin it over one player

Hell, like I said a few pages ago, I may let you have him just so there will be leSS competition in the SL over the next few years

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So far there are three teams that can handle it with minor issues. Jd would have to do some wheeling and dealing but he might be set up better than anyone with his playoff roster

jdlikewhoa

Yo jd if you get rid of those two you will be able to make a run at bugs. If you get rid of rapely too you'll be swimming in profits, lets do this

Nobody will take Rapely if they won't take the GOAT reliever Garcia on a 1 year deal. If I'd have known there was going to be a Bug type player I'd have declined the TO on Stuut.