• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 WBL Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Was just going to post that he was player of the week. Chen was short lived in my system, but he was one of my favorite bats. @OU11 is probably excite.

Wolfman21

Amazing that Carrier has developed so fast. 21 and hes fully developed ratings wise into possibly the best player in the WBL

jdlikewhoa

I do too, just stick them in the pen, starters are usually better in the pen

Yeah, I think when Kasib and Keine come up, Artac will move to the pen. Still have an abundance of relievers, although with the way they implode maybe that's a good thing.

jdlikewhoa

Artac was in the pen when I took over the Bulls.

I didn't notice when I signed him that his promised role was Bullpen. I realized halfway through last season when I was trying to figure out why is morale was so low, but he was pitching pretty well so I left him in the rotation.

Lloyd Carr

My bullpen is turrible, so I am hoping that trade with jd for Aguilar helps out some.

Also, one of my SP (Chaves) is out for two months with some injury, so I may put Aguilar in the starting lineup during that period. Once Chaves comes back, I'll likely throw Aguilar in the BP.

Lloyd Carr

Also, is anyone else getting other manager's e-mails?

For instance, I got two emails (one for Karl, one for Yankee) about their upcoming games, as well as an e-mail about some minor league player's injury from doh's organization.

Lloyd Carr

I figured it out. When I downloaded the file this morning, my internet wasn't working at full capacity. So somehow I didn't download the file properly, so it fucked it all up. Still had the date of the game at 4/6 and hadn't advanced to the regular season.

That's one shitty thing about OOTP. If your internet fucks up at all during the file download process, you won't download the file entirely. Then your game is fucked and you have to re-download the WBL.lg zip and go through that hassle again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I figured it out. When I downloaded the file this morning, my internet wasn't working at full capacity. So somehow I didn't download the file properly, so it fucked it all up. Still had the date of the game at 4/6 and hadn't advanced to the regular season.

That's one shitty thing about OOTP. If your internet fucks up at all during the file download process, you won't download the file entirely. Then your game is fucked and you have to re-download the WBL.lg zip and go through that hassle again.

Yeah, either that or wait for me to re upload. If that happens I can always pull exports and advance one day to fix your game.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, either that or wait for me to re upload. If that happens I can always pull exports and advance one day to fix your game.

Thanks, but it's not that big of a deal to re-download the zip file and replace the WBL.lg folder. Only takes a few minutes. It's just annoying.

Lloyd Carr

The AI in this game is retarded.

Was just looking at a game and the AI pinch hit for one of my players in the 9th inning who had 3 hits in 4 AB in the game. What the fuck?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's for pitching? Is it not? I think he wants to turn down pinch hit for pos players

Yeah I have that all the way down, I also have it turned to Never Pinch Hit in the player strategies for my starters

osick87

Community Liaison
I just remembered that so that's what I said. I would assume it's some setting in your gameplanning

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, I went and changed my pinch hit strategies (both overall and for the personal strategy for some of my better hitters).

Lloyd Carr

I want to sim the rest of this year so I can get to next year. This year is still just another transition year for me, until I can get the lineup/rotation I've been building towards.

Next year should be the year where the pieces fall together. I likely won't be ship material next year either, but the pieces will be there to compete.

Gooksta

Lookin through my minor league system.. a lot of guys have exceeded their original expectations..

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Strange week for me. Then again playing four games at Amsterdam will fuck your stats up. Not going to read too much or too little into the week other than this Correa trade has fucked my bullpen up.

Also Cesar Sanchez is -5.5 ZRs without an error or anything strange so far :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Strange week for me. Then again playing four games at Amsterdam will fuck your stats up. Not going to read too much or too little into the week other than this Correa trade has fucked my bullpen up.

Also Cesar Sanchez is -5.5 ZRs without an error or anything strange so far :laughing:
I don't get how that's possible in one week. Same thing happened to Doodles. He isn't a great defender, but damn.

osick87

Community Liaison
I thought that was at the start of the season. I was worried I missed it and would have posted a bunch of Corgis.

Nice to see the UDFA I signed is lighting up rookie ball

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Random but the 2004 Tigers have the biggest win increase in MLB history (I believe). Went from 43 to 81. Tankee was at 34 last year so getting to 75 would be an even bigger increase.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Random but the 2004 Tigers have the biggest win increase in MLB history (I believe). Went from 43 to 81. Tankee was at 34 last year so getting to 75 would be an even bigger increase.

This is why we keep you around

Gooksta

Yeah but once brittain stubs his toe getting out of bed and is day to day.. yankee will trade everyone and go full tank mode again