• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 WBL Season Thread

Wolfman21

jesus christ...Neanderthal is practically WBL ready NOW

Also, 4-2 week to get me back on track. Should have been a 5-2 week last week. Better than I was expecting so far.

Also, Andrey volynov hit for the cycle and had 8 RBI against Sao Paulo!!! WOW

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Ping out 4-5 months.

sadman.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
A few of my drafted players have "?" for demands and signability is "impossible." Is that normal?

Wolfman21

A few of my drafted players have "?" for demands and signability is "impossible." Is that normal?

Yeah. I think its a new thing in OOTP 15 because I never noticed it in 14. For high school kids that are low in the draft it happens a ton. I had 3-4 like that as well. I'll see their ass in college next year

btw...it is possible to sign them, but you've gotta throw a number at them that is higher than what they should get.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Got it. I see that now. You have to overwhelm them for them to sign. No thanks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I have a few too. Kinda cool I guess as long as it is guys who don't go as high as they want. I won't like it if 4th rounders do it

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I have a few too. Kinda cool I guess as long as it is guys who don't go as high as they want. I won't like it if 4th rounders do it
My fourth rounder did it and he wants at least $2M. Nah b.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Sam Boessen out for four weeks… Welcome to the Numad Farid era. A little quicker than I thought. Henry Brown now will DH, A Ramos to play 1B and DH a bit vs. RHP and 1B v LHP and Farid in LF vs. all. Changes will help my defense too.

Lineup has been terrible but I'm not too worried because McHeshi, DLS and Sanchez will all turn it around. Porky will be better too.

It's really a miracle 7-6 start for me considering I'm last in runs and 6th in RA.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Sam Boessen out for four weeks… Welcome to the Numad Farid era. A little quicker than I thought. Henry Brown now will DH, A Ramos to play 1B and DH a bit vs. RHP and 1B v LHP and Farid in LF vs. all. Changes will help my defense too.

Lineup has been terrible but I'm not too worried because McHeshi, DLS and Sanchez will all turn it around. Porky will be better too.

It's really a miracle 7-6 start for me considering I'm last in runs and 6th in RA.

:laughing:

Gooksta

Yeah. I think its a new thing in OOTP 15 because I never noticed it in 14. For high school kids that are low in the draft it happens a ton. I had 3-4 like that as well. I'll see their ass in college next year

btw...it is possible to sign them, but you've gotta throw a number at them that is higher than what they should get.
Draft Strategies now in effect!!

Gooksta

Vajorov and fazackerly have been unimpressive..my starting pitching hasnt been great, but hasnt been terrible.. and am 9-4

Nyasore Adumbe is looking PREEEEE TTY good at SS right now. .333/.390/.500

jdlikewhoa

Keep trading those pitchers JD… Doh wants a top 5 pick this draft.

Nah B. Hitting is coming around. Hoping by some miracle Na bounces back from his injury. Him and Kasib will be in the rotation before the break. The plan to move Artac to the pen is on hold for now because he's doin the damn thing. Sorry for your lots @doh.

NML

All Whites haven't quite put it all together yet. Some of role players and lesser pitchers are performing well, just need my studs to turn it around.

Trying not to overreact to a 6-8 start.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We aren't really pitching or hitting. Gotta turn it around quick before the tulips run away with it in the first month.

Gooksta

Don't have a first round pick for another 3 yrs and my farm system is pretty bleak.. lol. Will just have to stay viable via free agency I guess..after adumbe and my relief pitchers lose their rookie status.. my farm system could be the worst..

jdlikewhoa

Lucio Ramos is my Rick Ankiel. He went from being lights out to imploding in the playoffs last year. Now he's only had 2 appearances where he didnt give up at least one earned run.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Had my backup SS also go down for 2 weeks. :laughing: Last sim was rough. Chen still mashing. He is up in the number 3 with Millburn, Leafsson and Bahcelli to knock em in.

If the pitching holds up, the offense should be much improved from last year. A shame 'Ping' was hurt throwing a runner out in the 9th vs. BA. :( He was going to be the table setter. Had plans on pushing for 100 SB with him alone.

jdlikewhoa

Had my backup SS also go down for 2 weeks. :laughing: Last sim was rough. Chen still mashing. He is up in the number 3 with Millburn, Leafsson and Bahcelli to knock em in.

If the pitching holds up, the offense should be much improved from last year. A shame 'Ping' was hurt throwing a runner out in the 9th vs. BA. :( He was going to be the table setter. Had plans on pushing for 100 SB with him alone.
pitching will not hold up if you do a 4 man rotation

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
It held up for me with 'Peake back in the ENE.

Lando had voodoo docs in Madison turning his players into superhuman, never injured robots. :thumbsup:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It held up for me with 'Peake back in the ENE.

Lando had voodoo docs in Madison turning his players into superhuman, never injured robots. :thumbsup:

We have a 162 game schedule now, everybody has a span of 18-20 games without an off day. You will blow them out, I promise.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The schedule is more intense in the WBL than the UBL IIRC.

I didn't turn them into never injured robots, I just had an assembly line of replacements and no one could tell the difference when players got injured.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We have a 162 game schedule now, everybody has a span of 18-20 games without an off day. You will blow them out, I promise.
The only way it works is if he goes the way of the Rockies and tries a 50-60 PC.

My starters don't pitch on 100% rest somewhat regularly with the schedule we have. Might use PC for the first time ever this year. I like seeing my starters pitch 8+ innings regularly though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Only way i would do that is a 6 man rotation. Im just not about that injury life

osick87

Community Liaison
THat's what I did with Nakamura my first season. 6 man rotation with the young man on a 70 PC