• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 WBL Draft Thread (11 Hour Time Limit)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That's what I get for trying to argue on mobile.

Faruk was one of the best pitchers available, and my system is devoid of pitching entirely, so I needed to go there. I am not worried about his third pitch, if it actually develops he'll be a monster but just having it + pitching wise + stamina will be enough to take him places with his other two pitches. Didn't like the 2B JD took.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I liked the 2B JD took 100x more than Faruk but to each his own. The player JD took IMO is a solid above average regular with a bit of potential to be a star.

jdlikewhoa

I thought for sure Tankee was going to take him. I wanted to trade up for doh's pick because I thought for sure him or Yankee would take Inions, but doh made his pick pretty quick after posting that he was willing to trade it

doh

For me it was between guy I took and Inoinis. The clear top two of who was left. The guy I took just was a much better fit for my ballpark (I need OF defense, gap hitting and most importantly LH hitters).

But again Tankee must be on drugs to take Faruk over him.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My scout hates everyone. He has 1 4* and one 3.5* and that's it in the class.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah he is a stud. Nice pick. Probably my favorite in the draft so far based on your position. Mahoney is the only bat I liked more, but Farid had good college numbers and improved those numbers the second year.

Lots of interesting later round arms and bats in this draft though. I remember when a 55/55/55 pitcher was a GOOD pitcher in the UBL.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah he is a stud. Nice pick. Probably my favorite in the draft so far based on your position. Mahoney is the only bat I liked more, but Farid had good college numbers and improved those numbers the second year.

Lots of interesting later round arms and bats in this draft though. I remember when a 55/55/55 pitcher was a GOOD pitcher in the UBL.

Yeah we have like 10-15 Howard Alexanders

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Do you still have the UBL save in Dropbox? I was going to try to upload the website, but I guess I deleted it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Don't think so, it is on my other computer too. I'll try to get it up tomorrow, wouldn't mind a trip down memory lane

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Woke up bout 15 min ago. Am on a night schedule. Sorry fellas. Have a list set up cause I knew this would happen. :laughing:

Edit: Aaand list wasn't used. :emo:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Til today. Idk if that means hes getting back tonight or in the morning

doh

Oh god… I had him on a pitch count AND in years I was out of it I'd have him miss his last 3-4 starts.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: I think the 2 pitch types just have a shorter shelf life, so he racked up innings a lot faster than as a reliver. Same thing happened to Boyd. Pitch count? Crab had 80 stamina.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I did seem like some guys just fell off with no gradual decrease in production. Position players too.

doh

Todd Wrecked Ruffin was like that. From top 10 in OPS every year to just average. He was fragile then wrecked tho.