• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 Off-Season Thread (ARBITRATION NEEDS TO BE DONE)

NML

I have lots of cap space and everyone is available besides mad hatter, including the best pitcher in da game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Infante is fragile, but he has been reliable. Music Man puts up odd numbers. Both are good pitchers. Puskara and Morales are solid too. Missing a #5. Need bats.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Trader Doh has sent some PMs and is back.
just-how-old-is-jack-mckeon-florida-marlins.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Holy shit, so apparently I need to watch the CPU teams' offers. Berlin was offering some average 3B a 7 year deal at $25M per year

Edit: so is Moscow. Dude is not that good.

doh

If the CPU has money, it spends it. Had some horrific deals in the UBL too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If the CPU has money, it spends it. Had some horrific deals in the UBL too.

I'm going to need to watch them so they don't hamstring the club for future owners. Nobody would have wanted to take over the team that offered him that deal. It's Helsignborg's 3B from last year if you want to see it. Sao Paulo had a 19M offer out for 5 years that I let go, I wouldn't go over 10M for him

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Dude is a good player. I only got him that cheap because I signed him mid-season. He asked for like $15m and I offered him like $4m :laughing: He signed I'm sure because he had no other offers. He wanted $20+ and 9 years from me in an extension though :thumbsup:

He isnt $25m good, but he is worth the $15-20m everyone else seems to be asking for. The FA's are all asking for a lot.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I dont get why their prices are all so high. Wish they all wanted 3-4M less. I left anything under 20M but 25 is just too ridic

doh

Yeah the FA system is the complete opposite of the UBL it is amazing. Pre-Season discounts are going to be great.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Should just disable signing for everyone and advance to preseason for dem discount deals

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing:

So what are you doing for the CPU teams just pulling back the deals?

File works for me BTW.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
:laughing:

So what are you doing for the CPU teams just pulling back the deals?

File works for me BTW.

Only on the outrageous ones that would take up a significant % of their budget. Otherwise I'll let them sign dumb deals i just dont want new owners coming in having a deal like that.

This is also the first one ive ever seen. Maybe he is worth 25,idk

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
As long as they arent super long deals it should be ok.

Man a few of my top prospects ratings just plummeted during the offseason sim including my first rounder from last year.

I gotta get the logos reloaded and crank out some uniforms now that people seem to be getting more active.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
As long as they arent super long deals it should be ok.

Man a few of my top prospects ratings just plummeted during the offseason sim including my first rounder from last year.

I gotta get the logos reloaded and crank out some uniforms now that people seem to be getting more active.

Yeah if it was 3/75 I would have let it go, but 7/177 was just too much.

I had a few guys drop myself. Okada (IFA pickup or however I got him) keeps going up and down in ratings. I only have 25% in minors scouting though

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If JD can unload those two and get another #1 his team gon' dominate in 5-10 years

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Whats the sim schedule from here out? Two per day now?

If everybody is still up for it I can do that most days. Gotta start taking the computer to work if so, don't have time to go home like I used to anymore.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If we are only simming a couple days at a time two sims a day is probably for the best.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Here is how I'm doing the sims as far as in-game days go.
Advance 2 days for 10 days in-game. We've done 2 of those sims already, have 3 left.
Advance 4 days for 20 days in-game.
Then start going a week at a time until pre-season.

I think that should keep us from having any quick signing problems as after 10 days (5 sims) all the contracts will be in counter-offer status. Open to moving the 4 day sims to 5 day sims, just not sure where the sweet spot is. I'd say we have about 12-15 sims until preseason so two a day would be preferred for me, but people like rad might have a hard time given his limited availability.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We are 8 sims from Dec 24th. If people get the important signings done by then, I can disable CPU signings and advance to preseason to skip the part of the off-season when most aren't doing much/waiting for preseason discounts. Then we can start a "second phase" of the off-season at that time. Idk if that would even work, we can play that part by ear.

Lloyd Carr

Anyone have any tips where to start? Seems like there's a ton of things that need to be done.

Also if anyone wants Jesse Barnes let me know. I'll give him to you for cheap.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Assess your team to start. Strengths and weaknesses amd such. Figure out when you want to compete, look at your stadium and build your team. Start pressing buttons and looking at various screens to get familiar where everything is too. Itll take a couple weeks to get really comfortable with everything.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
When i get back to my desk i can actually help you more since I'll have the game in front of me

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also LC, you need to look at FA/IFA. I think it is the second to last button in the middle column on the right.