• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 - The Offseason Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If you want my honest opinion, I find what he is doing at LOLORADO pretty lame and a good encapsulation of why CFB largely sucks now. It's obvious from the last few seasons that the guys on the team when he came on are not very good; they were easily one of the worst five teams in the country last year. In the past, a coach coming in would have to work with these guys and figure out how to get them to buy in and improve them while also CROOTIN to get the talent level up, but with the transfer portal, it's easier to tell the original players to get bent and bring in better players immediately. That's a product of the immense pressure corches feel now, too, because they get fired a lot quicker than they used to so you need to dramatically accelerate program building that used to take half a decade or more at places like K-State, Okie State, Northwestern, etc. That's a little less true at LOLORADO, where the football team has been a joke for almost two decades outside of 2016, but it still applies. He is probably right in that the majority of the guys on the team last year were not and won't ever be good enough to be meaningful contributors at the P5 or even FBS level, but it's a pretty soulless and borderline cruel way to go about it.

I mean, even from a purely football perspective, his OC hire was great but the rest of the staff sucks and there's not really anything to care about other than CROOTS CLICKING, but that's all the football trogs care about these days.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean they still get their full ride, yeah he's a douche about it but I don't blame him for cutting them all if he has replacements. They were absolutely awful. He also at least gave them time to "try out". I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt that it really mattered what they did but if they were actually good he'd probably have kept them since that is in his own self interest.

If he wasn't such a dick about everything it wouldn't be so bad but he can't help hisself.

bruin

If you want my honest opinion, I find what he is doing at LOLORADO pretty lame and a good encapsulation of why CFB largely sucks now. It's obvious from the last few seasons that the guys on the team when he came on are not very good; they were easily one of the worst five teams in the country last year. In the past, a coach coming in would have to work with these guys and figure out how to get them to buy in and improve them while also CROOTIN to get the talent level up, but with the transfer portal, it's easier to tell the original players to get bent and bring in better players immediately. That's a product of the immense pressure corches feel now, too, because they get fired a lot quicker than they used to so you need to dramatically accelerate program building that used to take half a decade or more at places like K-State, Okie State, Northwestern, etc. That's a little less true at LOLORADO, where the football team has been a joke for almost two decades outside of 2016, but it still applies. He is probably right in that the majority of the guys on the team last year were not and won't ever be good enough to be meaningful contributors at the P5 or even FBS level, but it's a pretty soulless and borderline cruel way to go about it.

I mean, even from a purely football perspective, his OC hire was great but the rest of the staff sucks and there's not really anything to care about other than CROOTS CLICKING, but that's all the football trogs care about these days.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

It's going to be a dumpster fire there. 0-12 is in play. It's not a good sign when things like this are happening:

This guy was a solid contributor for 2 straight years for Michigan. He's not a superstar, but he would be an above-average Pac 12 player and likely be CU's best defensive lineman. And he's transferring out after one semester. Either the coaches can't evaluate talent or he got run off. I would take him back at Michigan in a heartbeat. CU can't be losing guys like this in addition to their entire shitty roster from last year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
i think they will be bad...

...but right click save

They’ll probably be favored in 1 or 2 games. CSU and Stanford. Maybe you could squint and say Nebraska is winnable. Beyond that, I’m not sure.

I’m not saying they will go 0-12, but I think it’s possible.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Kinda feel like Sanders just says the quiet parts out loud with regards to what it's like during a rebuild.

The portal can build a team really fast, specially before fall camps. But that's usually a time for just filling depth, not building a team.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's going to be a dumpster fire there. 0-12 is in play. It's not a good sign when things like this are happening:

This guy was a solid contributor for 2 straight years for Michigan. He's not a superstar, but he would be an above-average Pac 12 player and likely be CU's best defensive lineman. And he's transferring out after one semester. Either the coaches can't evaluate talent or he got run off. I would take him back at Michigan in a heartbeat. CU can't be losing guys like this in addition to their entire shitty roster from last year.