• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 - The Offseason Thread

bruin

this comment just reminded that Nebraska and Tenneesee agreed to a home and home in 2006. Phil Fulmer was still the head coach at Tennessee, I was a sophmore in high school. They are scheduled to play in 2026.

Reminds me of a story my old man told me about when ucla/ notre dame’s home/home was announced.

His best friend was a huge ND guy and their b days was 10 days apart in November so they’d always go once a year to Vegas for a football weekend. Anyway, when it came out UCLA and ND were going to play it was just in a little section in back of the LA Times in 1993. My Dad called his buddy at like 3 AM and said we got you finally! I was 5 in 1993. First game was in 2006 the year after I graduated HS and they had a falling out a few years before and haven’t talked since.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Reminds me of a story my old man told me about when ucla/ notre dame’s home/home was announced.

His best friend was a huge ND guy and their b days was 10 days apart in November so they’d always go once a year to Vegas for a football weekend. Anyway, when it came out UCLA and ND were going to play it was just in a little section in back of the LA Times in 1993. My Dad called his buddy at like 3 AM and said we got you finally! I was 5 in 1993. First game was in 2006 the year after I graduated HS and they had a falling out a few years before and haven’t talked since.
tenor.gif

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed

Well that ended horribly for your dad but at least he didn't have to deal with the grief his friend would have given him if they had stayed in touch since Notre Dame won both those

Brick

If that's not a sign he is here for the long haul, I don't know what is.

how can you cover college football for so long and be so fucking stupid. that buyout number means nothing. schools will pay whatever to get their corch. didnt miami pay temple $4m after diaz was their corch for like a few days? and they paid oregon $9m for a complete BUM. lol.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That buyout is less than some NIL deals.

Anyway, I thought he loved Oregon sooooo much? Why do they need a buyout?