• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 8 Thread - Holly Holy

bruin

Holly holy dream
Wanting only you
And she come
And I run
Just like the wind will
Holly holy

What's good, bros? Time is flying this seasons as we get a stranglehold on Week 8. GAMEDAY is heading to Columbus as it's a top 10 matchup between Penn State and Ohio State. The Championship Series in baseball gets going this week. Anyone but the Astros, I say. Keep on rocking in the free world.

Notable matchups:
Southern Miss at South Alabama, 4:30 PT - ESPN 2 (Tuesday)
James Madison at Marshall, 4:00 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
#7 Penn State at #3 Ohio State, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
UCF at #6 Oklahoma, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
Washington State at #9 Oregon, 12:30 PT -ABC
#17 Tennessee at #11 Alabama, 12:30 PT - CBS
#8 Texas at Houston, 1:00 PT - FOX
#2 Michigan at Michigan State, 4:30 PT - NBC
#16 Duke at #4 Florida State, 4:30 PT - ABC
Minnesota at #24 Iowa, 12:30 PT - NBC
#14 Utah at 18 USC, 5:00 PT - FOX
Arizona State at # 5 Washington, 7:30 PT - FS1
#25 UCLA at Stanford, 7:30 PT - ESPN
9e946424-39db-44b1-94eb-16aee2987337-GettyImages-1244912664.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

obsv5044tltz.0.0.png

attachment-GettyImages-644604.jpg

Creepshow_S4_AMCPlus_PressArt_2000x3000-scaled.jpg

universal-studios-pepsi-party-monsters11.jpg
23650947-standard.jpg

totally-killer-jamie.gif

IMG_7753.jpegIMG_7647.jpegIMG_6515.jpeg

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s going to be cool having teams like meatchicken or THE Ohio state at autzen. Oregon plays both in the next two seasons so I’ll probably get tickets to see one of them. I bet they’re going to be even more expensive than U$C tickets lol.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I actually watched a bit of SNF last night because I was on an airplane and had nothing better to do. 70% of the telecast was commercials or people getting serious neck injuries, wow so fun!

Mame YO

slings rocks
Here is the newest adjusted EPA for offense rush/pass and defense rush/pass

I know that the entire point is to control for opponents but it’s kind of crazy to me how little movement there’s been for some of these teams. The good teams seem to establish an identity early and it their statistical profile doesn’t really deviate much. Washington has been in those same spots on the graph all season and Oregon has shifted just a tad (better at rushing offense, defense, and slightly worse passing offense than last week’s data).

If you go back to the overall offense/defense one I posted a couple of days ago the top 15 or so are pretty clear. The top 4 looks pretty clear too, but 2/4 top 4 teams have played basically coin flip games against top 15 teams.

If anything I’m more worried about the Civil War game and less worried about the rest.