• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 4 Thread - Bitter Sweet Symphony

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Boring ass football

They put the shit games on Thursday and Friday so they can save the good shit for Saturday which makes the NFL look even shittier on Sunday.

The only exception is MACtion.

giphy.gif

Wolfman21

i knew this was gonna be a long season when State barely squeaked by Uconn to begin the season. This team may not make a bowl game. Theres not a position on this team that doesn't have some big time issues.

Wolfman21

wow, players running onto the field and celebrating like surviving 0-3 Virginia thanks to their stupidity is some kind of accomplishment. Can't wait to hear Doeren talk about how much the team grew tonight and how proud he is of them before Louisville walks into carter finley next week and stomps a mud hole in their ass

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
wow, players running onto the field and celebrating like surviving 0-3 Virginia thanks to their stupidity is some kind of accomplishment. Can't wait to hear Doeren talk about how much the team grew tonight and how proud he is of them before Louisville walks into carter finley next week and stomps a mud hole in their ass

Man I pay no attention to the Wufpack but I feel like Doeren’s been there forever, like he took over for Chuck Amato in the mid-2000s.

Wolfman21

Man I pay no attention to the Wufpack but I feel like Doeren’s been there forever, like he took over for Chuck Amato in the mid-2000s.

Tom O'Brien took over for Amato in 2007. He lasted through 2012 and Doeren was brought on in 2013. So we're in the 11th season now. I don't count his first season because that team was so devoid of talent, Nick Saban couldn't have won with them. So in 9 seasons hes gone to 8 bowl games and averaged about 8 wins per season. Which when looking at NC State's history, is actually pretty damn good. The problem is, he hasn't really won anything that means...anything. Any chance to take the next step has been met with failure.

Though thats really just an nc state football thing and not just a doeren thing. O'Brien had them one game away from the championship game with Russell Wilson at QB in 2010. Jumped out to a 14-0 lead against Maryland and ended up losing 38-31 allowing Danny O'fucking Brien to throw for 400+ and 4 TD to Torrey Smith. Have had good teams, have had great players....just have never been able to get over the hump. You'd think they'd luck into one at some point....still waiting on that