• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 4 Thread - Bitter Sweet Symphony

bruin

No change, I can change
I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold
I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people
From one day to the next
I can't change my mold
No, no, no, no, no

Week 4 is here and honestly, the lineup is stacked like it's Wrestlemania 10. GAMEDAY is heading to South Bend for The Irish and Buckeyes. Pinch me it's 1995 all over again. I'm currently on the hair of the dog and it feels GOOD. My Dodgers won another Division title. Keep on rocking in the free world, bros. We're blessed for this slate.

Notable matchups:
Wisconsin at Purdue, 4:00 PT - FS1 (Friday)
#4 Florida State at Clemson, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
#16 Oklahoma at Cincinnati, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
#19 Colorado at #10 Oregon, 12:30 PT - ABC
#22 UCLA at #11 Utah, 12:30 PT - FOX
#15 Ole Miss at #13 Alabama, 12:30 PT - CBS
#18 Duke at UCONN, 12:30 PT - CBS SPORTS NET
Arkansas at #12 LSU, 4:00 PT - ESPN
#14 Oregon State at #21 Washington State, 4:00 PT - FOX
#3 Texas at Baylor, 4:30 PT - ABC
#6 Ohio State at #9 Notre Dame, 4:30 PT - NBC
#24 Iowa at # 7 Penn State, 4:30 PT - CBS
#5 Southern California, at Arizona State, 6:30 PT - FOX
California at #8 Washington, 7:30 PT - ABC

090b4f25-5a10-4d2d-9078-b0f8dd7abbc9-IMG_Syndication_The_Colu_1_1_5V10302TG_L1811170040.JPG

37f17f00-94f0-45fe-a3b0-da15f7b09ad3-CU_FSU_07.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

112120-The-Boot.jpg

528275.jpg.0.jpg

126317097.jpg

The_Verve%2C_Urban_Hymns.png

Mame YO

slings rocks
That line doe

I’d take the under but I’m not a degenerate gambler so don’t listen to me on that. Ducks win at home though, probably by 2 possessions. There are very few places in cfb like autzen.

Oregon and USC are easily the most talented* teams in the pac right now and even with corch PRIME’s roster makeover they just don’t have the horses.

*Washington is also obviously very good but that’s almost entirely based on their elite passing game. Oregon and USC both have more talent roster-wide (note: I have Oregon losing to Washington because of the matchup/home field advantage).

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Arizona State is gonna get obliterated

Mame YO

slings rocks
Blue chip ratio. Obviously it’s not even close to perfect for many reasons including corching cough tosh lupoi cough but still generally predictive, especially if the gap is wide. There’s a reason many advanced stat algorithms weigh talent so heavily in college football. USC and Oregon are, on paper, very similar teams in terms of talent and it isn’t even very close compared to the rest of the conference.

I generally don’t even like FPI, but I’ll use it for the purposes of this argument because it’s publicly available as opposed to something like PFF. They have USC at 5 and Oregon at 8 while Washington sits at 11 (last week 14) largely because of talent. Beyond Washington, Utah sits at 19 as the next closest, so the gap only gets wider. When it comes to Colorado, they aren’t even close at 64th in FPI.

and again, I think Washington will beat Oregon in their game this year, so let’s not read too much into what I’m saying. The main point is that the gap in personnel is far too wide for Colorado to bridge.

Beyond that, I do think there are some reasons to believe that Oregon’s defensive corching has improved from last year but I’m not really going to get into that as I’m not really interested in making a fuss about it.

Brick

i watched a good bit of penn state against illinois last week. why are these BUMS in the top ten looks like no explosive players on O and the QB looked mid/scared.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
i watched a good bit of penn state against illinois last week. why are these BUMS in the top ten looks like no explosive players on O and the QB looked mid/scared.

Don't worry Franklin will step on his dick and corch Penn State into a loss against some dogshit team that they have no bidness losing to.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A magic 8 ball could have called plays for that ASU offense and it wouldn't have mattered.