• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 3 Thread - Help Me Rhonda

bruin

Well, Rhonda you look so fine (look so fine)
And I know it wouldn't take much time
For you to help me Rhonda
Help me get her out of my heart

We're motoring into Week 3 as THE SHIELD has made its return, but hey, Saturday's are fun. GAMEDAY is heading to Boulder for the Rocky Mountain Showdown. MLB Playoff races are coming down to the wire, Team USA failed to medal at the FIBA World Championships, and the Champions League will start here soon. Hey, help me Rhonda, indeed. Rock on bros.

Notable matchups:
# 3 Florida State at Boston College, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
# 7 Penn State at Illinois, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
# 14 LSU at Mississippi State, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
South Carolina at # 1 Georgia, 12:30 PT - CBS
# 8 Washington at Michigan State, 2:00 PT - PEACOCK
# 11 Tennessee at Florida, 4:00 PT - ESPN
Pitt at West Virginia, 4:30 PT - ABC
TCU at Houston, 5:00 PT - FOX
Colorado State at # 18 Colorado, 7:30 PT - ESPN

van-pelt-color1.jpg

university-park-pennsylvania-usa-2nd-sep-2017-september-02-2017-penn-K3G7DM.jpg

Jim-Lambright-Getty.jpg

ab67616d0000b273ffe1a4788385a4835ae14df8

sp-9-18-99-alex-brown-2-agc.jpg

dfvnmuaui81ipcrop0va

1190406688.0.jpg

Rankings will be updated once the polls are released.*

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ped State and Ohio State have played nobody, either.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Jeff Sims is going to threaten for double-digit turnovers through 3 games this week. Should be at 7 but they credited a botched hand-off to Gabe Ervin so he is only at 6. The team as a whole has 8 through 2 games. With 10 left to play they are on track (48) to obliterate the current record from what I've been able to find (39 , Idaho 2012)

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
Jeff Sims is going to threaten for double-digit turnovers through 3 games this week. Should be at 7 but they credited a botched hand-off to Gabe Ervin so he is only at 6. The team as a whole has 8 through 2 games. With 10 left to play they are on track (48) to obliterate the current record from what I've been able to find (39 , Idaho 2012)

The most fascinating thing about Jeff Sims for me is his connection to FSU. Jeff Sims was the centerpiece of Willie Taggarts 2020 class. When Norvell was hired the first thing he did was travel to meet with Sims to discuss his recruitment. Under Taggart, Sims was the only QB at Jeff requests but Norvell let him know he was going to bring in two QBs this cycle and let Sims make the decision if he wanted to join the FSU 2020 class. Sims decided he didnt and moved onto GT. Sims left GT and joined Nebraska from the transfer portal with former FSU recruit from the 2020 class Chubba Purdy. What are the odds? FSU fans had high expectations for Chubba due to his brother Brock Purdy but he got hurt during the 2020 fall camp, then left the program the next fall. Weird situation. Now Chubba isnt even mentioned on the two deep at Nebraska. How bad is Chubba????

The Jeff Sims implosion as an FSU fan is entertaining because of the trolls that visited Warchant after Jeff Sims as a true freshman beat Norvell in 2020 in their first game. Non-stop threads about Norvell made a huge mistake by not kissing the ass of Sims by honoring the single QB policy ect ect. Everytime the kid had a decent game a new thread popped up. The nice thing about Jeff Sims is he provided plenty of evidence over the years that he isnt that good of a QB and an absolute turnover machine. So watching him move to NU and implode his team with his turnovers have been delightful and demolished the trolls.

As a tertiary the RB that fumbled in the MN game to allow the Gophers to even the score is former FSU runningback Anthony Grant, another Willie Taggart special that left the program after Norvell showed up. Two Willi Taggart recruits lost the MN game. So much validation Taggart was an absolute clown.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If Milton can play well, Tennessee will win in the swamp. If he is inconsistent and missing throws, they gon lose. Simple as that. Team isn't talented enough to just roll the ball out there and win. Still have to play well.

coogrfan

In the finest Houston tradition, the loss to Rice has thrown a wet blanket over this week's Big XII debut vs TCU. #coogeditagain

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
The most fascinating thing about Jeff Sims for me is his connection to FSU. Jeff Sims was the centerpiece of Willie Taggarts 2020 class. When Norvell was hired the first thing he did was travel to meet with Sims to discuss his recruitment. Under Taggart, Sims was the only QB at Jeff requests but Norvell let him know he was going to bring in two QBs this cycle and let Sims make the decision if he wanted to join the FSU 2020 class. Sims decided he didnt and moved onto GT. Sims left GT and joined Nebraska from the transfer portal with former FSU recruit from the 2020 class Chubba Purdy. What are the odds? FSU fans had high expectations for Chubba due to his brother Brock Purdy but he got hurt during the 2020 fall camp, then left the program the next fall. Weird situation. Now Chubba isnt even mentioned on the two deep at Nebraska. How bad is Chubba????

The Jeff Sims implosion as an FSU fan is entertaining because of the trolls that visited Warchant after Jeff Sims as a true freshman beat Norvell in 2020 in their first game. Non-stop threads about Norvell made a huge mistake by not kissing the ass of Sims by honoring the single QB policy ect ect. Everytime the kid had a decent game a new thread popped up. The nice thing about Jeff Sims is he provided plenty of evidence over the years that he isnt that good of a QB and an absolute turnover machine. So watching him move to NU and implode his team with his turnovers have been delightful and demolished the trolls.

As a tertiary the RB that fumbled in the MN game to allow the Gophers to even the score is former FSU runningback Anthony Grant, another Willie Taggart special that left the program after Norvell showed up. Two Willi Taggart recruits lost the MN game. So much validation Taggart was an absolute clown.
Chubba Purdy was pretty awful in the meaningful playing time he has had so far. <50% completion %, 0 TD's-3 Ints last year. not particularly mobile and doesn't have a strong arm. One of his starts was against Michigan and the other he allegedly played hurt so granted he may not have been dealt a great hand to showcase his skills. The other backup, Haarberg is apparently raw. Writers/insiders seem to think despite his faults, Sims is head and shoulders above the others which kinda blows my mind. Not sure how that argument can be made when Sims has repeatedly failed at catching a shotgun snap or handing the ball of to his running back

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Haven't watched any UCLA since Coastal(not sure I could have anyway) but made some good throws and poised for a freshman.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He really does. I am not enough of a masochist to go read his twitter threads and shit, but back in the day when I was following my team more, I remember these type guys, at least for Tennessee, fans just rode their damn jock so hard hoping to get leaks of information about recruiting or progrum news or whatever. He doesn't even seem like the type that would have those kind of fan boys because he is such a bitch.