• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 13 Thread - The End (unless someone @‘s Mame, then there is no end)

bruin

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of everything that stands

The end is here bros. The final week of the regular season is among us. College Gameday hasn't announced where they will be this week, but we can all take a guess where they'll be. Thanksgiving is here with FEAST week in College Hoops. It's The End, but that doesn't mean we can't keep rocking on in the free world.

Notable matchups:
Ole Miss at Miss State, 4:30 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
TCU at Oklahoma, 9:00 AM PT- FOX (Friday)
UTSA at Tulane, 12:30 PT - ABC (Friday)
Missouri at Arkansas, 1:00 PT - CBS (Friday)
Texas Tech at Texas, 4:30 PT - ABC (Friday)
Penn State vs Michigan State, 4:30 PT - NBC (Friday) (Detroit)
Oregon State at Oregon, 5:30 PT - FOX (Friday)
Ohio State at Michigan, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
Kentucky at Louisville, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
Texas A&M at LSU, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
Colorado at Utah, 12:00 PT - PAC 12 NET
Alabama at Auburn, 12:30 PT - CBS
Arizona at Arizona State, 12:30 PT - ESPN
Wisconsin at Minnesota, 12:30 PT - FS1
Washington State at Washington, 1:00 PT - FOX
Florida State at Florida, 4:00 PT - ESPN
Georgia at Georgia Tech, 4:30 PT - ESPN
Cal at UCLA, 7:30 PT - ESPN

64954691-0-image-a-12_1669434388737.jpg

GettyImages-156747228-1-1024x683.jpg

696b34c7595e56722e6bb5ff59dae562.jpg

USATSI_4807784.jpg

bb0aa4db-101a-4843-bc28-7fa376ad382d.png

64fccd1a-72b5-4197-8c72-8dabb6482f2e-large36x25_1711122_ap_1997_apple_cup_AP17326074605678.jpg

UDK26JDOW5EWRMSOR2PLKPHZ34.jpg

64c020f756407.image.jpg

IMG_8080.jpeg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
No chance he gets fired if he beats Cal. If they win out, that'd be the best season since the HUNDLEY days

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
He’ll get fired next year when they’re 3-9, though

I told you that beating SC would get him at least another 3 years of goodwill, particularly since SC thought Riley would be the second coming of Pete Carroll, not a continuation of Clay Helton.

Riley sailing the SC ship into B1G waters with holes in the hull and all spars and rigging on fire...

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I told you that beating SC would get him at least another 3 years of goodwill, particularly since SC thought Riley would be the second coming of Pete Carroll, not a continuation of Clay Helton.

Riley sailing the SC ship into B1G waters with holes in the hull and all spars and rigging on fire...
I could see it, but I think he’ll be gone after next year when they miss a bowl. He earned himself another year provided he beats Cal, though. They replaced a ton and the Lynn hire was huge. Just frustrating, though, because it’s sort of emblematic of the entire CHIP era. Writing was on the wall with the defense for years and he refused to get rid of his buddy until it was too late. They’re a 10 win team at least last year with a competent DC.

Much as I would like for it not to be so, SC will be fine as long as Riley doesn’t completely shit the bed with the DC hire. His offenses will always be good.

The GRINCH saga is so weird. Guy was a nobody when LEACH hired him and he basically saved his jerb. Did pretty well turning around OUDNA’S defense the first couple years and then completely fell off a cliff

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I could see it, but I think he’ll be gone after next year when they miss a bowl. He earned himself another year provided he beats Cal, though. They replaced a ton and the Lynn hire was huge. Just frustrating, though, because it’s sort of emblematic of the entire CHIP era. Writing was on the wall with the defense for years and he refused to get rid of his buddy until it was too late. They’re a 10 win team at least last year with a competent DC.

Much as I would like for it not to be so, SC will be fine as long as Riley doesn’t completely shit the bed with the DC hire. His offenses will always be good.

The GRINCH saga is so weird. Guy was a nobody when LEACH hired him and he basically saved his jerb. Did pretty well turning around OUDNA’S defense the first couple years and then completely fell off a cliff

It's funny now, but I remember seeing a list from like 5 years ago that had Grinch amongst the top of a list of like 20 young defensive coordinators to watch.

From what I've seen of Riley so far at USC, I'm not seeing the flips and CROOTS coming in droves like they were when Carroll was at the helm. I get the NIL is the name of the game now - that CFB is indeed NFL-lite and if you can pay big money, you get the best players, but players or no, what I've also seen is that other teams, even without paying big NIL money, do indeed seem to be more HARD NOSED than USC. For USC fans raised on the mystique of Tailback U, having a SAWFT team is anathema.

He screwed up the DC hire already by simply keeping Grinch after the Tulane debacle. Then the first several games of this year proved that Grinch had learned nothing. We are two failed 2-point conversions (one of which was clearly a PI) from 5-7, and if PRIME had had another 10 minutes in that game, we might be 4-8!

Mame YO

slings rocks
On the surface it seems like a lot of lopsided games this weekend. But it’s rivalry week so that can’t be right… We have the civil war on Friday night and Ohio state michigan Saturday morning.

What games you’ll watching?

adchester

A-1 From Day 1

Watching a video of an 18 year old say his head is too fucked up from CTEBall and he wants his brain donated to science minutes before he shoots hisself in the chest is really something!

This fucking sport man. Depressing af we still let kids play this shit.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They need to figure out a way to test for the shit before you die. I mean damn. That's the starting point. Then you can work on trying to figure out ways to treat it.

CJ_24

Meh. There's a lot of ways to go. Is it worse to get fouled up playing a game you love playing, or get fouled up for no reason by some BUM Maryland driver?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Hahaha I saw someone else ripping him too. Now the whole world will know Clownzano! How funny would it be to see them strip his vote lol

bruin

Watching a video of an 18 year old say his head is too fucked up from CTEBall and he wants his brain donated to science minutes before he shoots hisself in the chest is really something!

This fucking sport man. Depressing af we still let kids play this shit.
IMG_8083.gif

Brick

who is the better running back

124 carries 1014 yards 8.18 YPC 10 TD
149 carries 1002 yards 6.72 YPC 10 TD

Mame YO

slings rocks
If you want to split hairs like that @Southpaw Daniels threw 1TD vs 1 pick vs bama, 0TDs 1 pick vs FSU “lol top 50 defenses” doesn’t help you as much as you think it does. Not trying to be a dick but ya’ll are chest thumping a bit too hard with the SEC SEC SEC shit.

Edit: retard stats corrected below

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
And that’s not even accurate. Utah was their only top 50 defense they’ve played and Oregon and nix dominated lol.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
If you want to split hairs like that @Southpaw Daniels threw 1TD vs 1 pick vs bama, 0TDs 1 pick vs FSU “lol top 50 defenses” doesn’t help you as much as you think it does. Not trying to be a dick but ya’ll are chest thumping a bit too hard with the SEC SEC SEC shit.

Not sure where ur getting ur numbers, but Daniels actually had 2 pass TDs vs. Bama, with 3 total TDs and 382 total yards (163 of that rushing) before being knocked out of the game with a shot to the helmet.

FSU was clearly his worst game of the season, with only 1 pass TD and 1 INT and 410 total yards.