• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Bowl Thread - Lucky Man

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Don’t disagree with much but 4th string may be a bit of a stretch. That would be walk ons would it not?

Lightningwar

Administrator
Don’t disagree with much but 4th string may be a bit of a stretch. That would be walk ons would it not?
It is hyperbole, the CB was a true freshman who had his first snap on that play and the nickel was a 3rd string true freshman. They looked like true freshman on the 75 yard broken play as well.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I don’t really have a huge problem with Daniels winning the heisman, though I do still believe that the winner of the pac12 championship had a legit argument if you’re valuing WINNERS, which historically has mattered.

What I’m not really liking is some of what I’m seeing in the aftermath of the vote.

1) southern voters were united in Daniels at #1, while other regions were split between Daniels and Penix. This is expected and probably fine.

2) some southern voters went so far as to leave Penix off of their ballot entirely, even while leaving Nix on there (basically everyone had nix at 3rd). This is a blatant attempt at manipulating the ballots further in favor of Daniels. This is not fine.

3) clownzano has a vote.

Idk mang there are a lot of structural issues with college football right now but if you’re leaving Penix off of your ballot you shouldn’t be voting at all.

bruin

30for30 on the '97 Heisman race was excellent. I was 9, but that's really the season CFB kicked into high gear for me. Beano Cook on in the last 5 minutes of College Football Final. ESPN 2 X games logo, John Saunders bringing you updates with that ABC theme. The glory days bros.

Brick

yeah i didnt have cable growing up and i thought the halftime updates with SAUNDERS and MISTER BOWDEN were the most important things ever. specifically seeing what VICK did.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
30for30 on the '97 Heisman race was excellent. I was 9, but that's really the season CFB kicked into high gear for me. Beano Cook on in the last 5 minutes of College Football Final. ESPN 2 X games logo, John Saunders bringing you updates with that ABC theme. The glory days bros.
'97 was two seasons post-Michigan graduation for me. Had a some classes with a couple of the players on that team most notably Brian Griese. Went to the Michigan-Notre Dame with the future Mrs. GoBlue where I got to see her ND's losing rage for the first time.

bruin

No Latue for UCLA this Saturday in the LA Bowl.

CHIP said the DC, QB, and TE coaching positions will be filled after the Bowl game.

Mame YO

slings rocks
We all know next year you’ll try to use it against Oregon as if they had a choice in the matter, let’s not pretend.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon is playing a good chunk of their players. Liberty is losing several of theirs to the transfer portal.

goblue96

School of the Mines had the #1 offense in D2 and Top 15 rushing defens heading into the game.

goblue96

I was able to escape Fort Lauderdale airport this afternoon before the weather went to complete shit.