• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: The Bowl Game Thread - Changes

Wolfman21

no offensive coordinator, 4th string QB, missing our two first team ACC offensive linemen, missing our 2nd best WR, missing our starting TE......oi vey

Mame YO

slings rocks
I don't hate this aspect. It's a meaningless game it's cool to see who the next guys are and how they look with meaningful snaps. Who cares if you win or not.
I hate it. It can't be that hard to rejigger this so that it makes sense. We can have all the things without it completely blowing teams up before their last game of the season, every season.

Shift the start/end of the season, condense the bowl season, you might be able to coordinate with the NFL so that their offseason schedule doesn't directly interfere with the NCAA postseason schedule... somebody do something lol. It can't be that hard to look at the calendar and make it make sense.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I hate it. It can't be that hard to rejigger this so that it makes sense. We can have all the things without it completely blowing teams up before their last game of the season, every season.

Shift the start/end of the season, condense the bowl season, you might be able to coordinate with the NFL so that their offseason schedule doesn't directly interfere with the NCAA postseason schedule... somebody do something lol. It can't be that hard to look at the calendar and make it make sense.

All but four or five bowls (Holiday, Sun, Barstool. Rose, I'm sure I'm missing one) are owned or controlled by ESPN Events. There's your bowl problem.

Skeeter

Uber felon

Cancel all bowl games that aren't playoffs. Allow every team to have 15 practices and schedule a scrimmage at a warm neutral site if they want.

Mame YO

slings rocks
yeah, once the playoff is expanded they could just eliminate the bowls and that solves the problem haha.

Wolfman21

way too much money is made on the bowls for them to just stop having them. But im all for it. Expand the playoffs to 32 teams, get rid of the bowls

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Was just about to give credit to DTR for playing the game of his life and then he shows up with one of his vintage momentum killing turnovers with the Bruins about to go up 21-6!

CJ_24

way too much money is made on the bowls for them to just stop having them. But im all for it. Expand the playoffs to 32 teams, get rid of the bowls
At this rate, Let's just get rid of the regular season and start the stupid fucking playoff in September

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The real move is to cut conferences down to 8-10 teams, have a schedule of 7-9 conference games, 2-3 nonconference games, and play a 64-team playoff like basketball does but these trogs will never do that even though it would mint money

CJ_24

The real move is to cut conferences down to 8-10 teams, have a schedule of 7-9 conference games, 2-3 nonconference games, and play a 64-team playoff like basketball does but these trogs will never do that even though it would mint money
You want twelve weeks of regular season plus at least six more weeks of playoffs? You reely think they're going to extend the season into February?

If you really do want to kill college football, that's a great idea

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

ECp3GgbXUAAsa4j.jpg:large